- Resurrecting Passover? 8
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 123
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate 3
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 31
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 58
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 14
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 7
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 2
- ‘Secret’ London conference seeks to link BDS to… terrorism 0
- A prayer for Passover 0
- Israel to annex 1,000 dunam of Palestinian land; Peace Now … 0
- It’s time to reveal the Israeli role in the US … 0
- You know Israel’s in trouble when ‘NYT’ runs op-ed saying … 0
- China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine … 0
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 0
- Why are two Republican congressmen doing a walkabout on the … 0
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- ‘Poof’ — Kerry blames Israel for breakdown of talks (Updated) 144
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 116
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- RT @ISMPalestine: Mariam Barghouti has now been released from Israeli military prison #FreeMariam, 4 mins ago
- Resurrecting Passover? http://t.co/3TvMP4fPWX http://t.co/lpuIlRgT4A, 2 hours ago
- RT @BoycottAhava: Why is @Gatesfoundation invested in #G4S "securing Israeli apartheid"? http://t.co/ieaunIU8W0 http://t.co/cxhrNWsgva #PrisonersDay, 2 hours ago
- RT @AbirKopty: Great news: Mariam Bargouti will be released today! Thanks for all the support! #freeMarima مريم طالعة اليوم, 2 hours ago
- RT @AdalahEnglish: Gag order lifted: Full details on the arrest of journalist and Adalah colleague Majd Kayyal. Read our press... http://t.co/27HmXYiRoj, 3 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square (51)
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an (31)
- amigo: “If you want to open a new thread of Kfar Qassem, go right ahead but I won’t participate because that...
- DaBakr: so..not only is this articles ‘headline’ false in that these mounts do not shoot bullets but the...
- ymedad: The Jewish people originated in a country. That country was known by the name Land of Israel. Egypt around...
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link Max Blumenthal to KC shooter suspect (123)
- talknic: hophmi “Are you seriously arguing here that the Palestinian objection to a Jewish state (and the Arab...
- MHughes976: I’ve always been a reluctant boycotter – there are always anomalous and unintended...
- hophmi: “There is nothing illegal or immoral about Palestinians objecting to a Jewish state in their territory...
- Resurrecting Passover? (8)
Author Archives: Mouin Rabbani
Mouin Rabbani writes an entry for our series “What Comes Next?: A forum on the end of the two-state paradigm.” Rabbani says it is insufficient for advocates of a one state solution to simply argue that one state is right and just and better than the alternatives. Rather, they need to present a credible strategy for achieving what would amount to the unconditional surrender of the Israeli state. Rabbani says, “the question in 2013 is therefore not whether a one or two state outcome is more just or right or fair. Rather it is what strategy Palestinians should pursue to achieve their inalienable rights, first and foremost the right to national self-determination.”
December 9th marked the twenty-fifth anniversary of the beginning of the first intifada. Between now and the end of the year Mondoweiss will be running a series of reflections on this milestone — “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.” Mouin Rabbani starts the series off with the context of the uprising and his admiration for the heroes of the struggle.