- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 2
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 29
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 15
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 11
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 5
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 3
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 10
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 56
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 0
- Avigdor Lieberman bombs everywhere but in The New York Times 0
- Eric Alterman’s ‘I Hate Max Blumenthal’ Handbook 0
- ‘New Republic’ writer claims Jews have ‘self-critical intellectual space’ on … 0
- Introducing Ms. Marvel (aka Kamala Khan): A superhero to counter … 0
- Contribute to Mondoweiss end of the year fundraiser and receive … 0
- What Comes Next: Towards a bi-national end-game in Palestine/Israel 0
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing … 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 194
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 117
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The country that cried wolf 58
- RT @imAK48: Fmr @NewIsraelFund Director & now Board member calls Nelson Mandela an "Israeli hero" http://t.co/cse8R6gP1r uhm > https://t.co/LMBVvZV4P7, 4 hours ago
- RT @IDFfan: .@Daroff @JeffreyGoldberg talking shop outside the White House http://t.co/MJIdfOjm94, 4 hours ago
- RT @joshnathankazis: Jewish groups on Mandela: Praise today, criticism in years past. http://t.co/tIKUTkkFcr, 4 hours ago
- RT @J_Insider: Top Tweets from White House Hanukkah Party - http://t.co/HsTs6t8jKz @Daroff @JerrySJFNA, 4 hours ago
- RT @theIMEU: Photo: Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela. (18 July, 1918 - 5 December, 2013) http://t.co/Xb5NDwrWYO, 6 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal (10)
- Annie Robbins: Just goes to show where collaboration with Israel can lead …. great review. except nowhere in...
- W.Jones: Yes. In order to continue to discuss it, I will read the book at length. It sounds like a good read, no...
- Annie Robbins: With all us guys and gals on the sidelines. and you’re at the top of that list w.jones, w/over...
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine (11)
- David Kattenburg: An audio story about Al-Quds that I produced last year. Says it all: http://www.greenplanetmonit...
- RoHa: A real teacher teaching Shakespeare! Have I fallen through a timewarp? “And so he uses a mix of...
- miriam6: Walid@; Hi Walid – you are spoiling us with your lovely mini dissertation on the poetry of Mahmoud...
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (27)
- Annie Robbins: keith, to begin with, you’re making a lot of assumptions i wouldn’t make and that i think...
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution (2)
- pabelmont: Yes and I hope the Cornell SJP and all the others will protest that existing close relationship as well...
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements (15)
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal (10)
Author Archives: Nadia Hijab
Tthe two-state solution is “undead,” which, the dictionary tells us, is something “no longer alive but animated by a supernatural force,” and yet it remains the official position of the Palestinian leadership. Nadia Hijab discusses where the openings are for political action given the lack of an overarching political framework. This post is part of “What Comes Next?: A forum on the end of the two-state paradigm.”
Nadia Hijab writes how international solidarity helped spur on the first intifada, and how the PLO never appreciated this important source of power. This post is part of the series “Roots of Resistance: 25 year retrospective on the first intifada.”