- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 127
- Watch: 9 Jewish activists arrested after occupying Friends of the … 19
- You are not Alone: To Palestinians on July 20, 2014 17
- Mr. Modi– do not court apartheid Israel in my name 9
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis 86
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war 58
- US Jews occupy Israeli army support office in NY in … 24
- Gaza onslaught is p.r. problem for Israel’s ‘moral authority’ — … 30
- Israel warns media they are at risk of ‘injury or … 0
- Israeli military destroyed el-Wafa hospital even though it knew there … 0
- Gaza City resident Amal Sarsour: ‘There is no place to … 0
- Arrests without charge of American beating victim’s relatives in Jerusalem … 0
- Nicholas Kristof on how to end the Israel/Palestine conflict 0
- Video: Outraged constituents confront CT Senator Chris Murphy over support … 0
- Nobel peace laureates and celebrities call for military embargo on … 0
- This Jew can’t support Israel 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 234
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 216
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 119
- RT @boun0479: NYT headlines: Hamas' fault! @MaxBlumenthal @Mondoweiss @AliAbunimah @RaniaKhalek @stevesalaita #HamasIsResponsible http://t.co/7zK9R4bXU4, 8 hours ago
- RT @jdakwar: Draft Human Rights Council resolution on #Gaza calls for the establishment of Goldstone-like commission of inquiry. http://t.co/9a13HD8IWQ, 10 hours ago
- RT @CoreyRobin: .@alexbkane has the report on that occupation of the Friends of the IDF office, and arrests by the NYPD, with video. http://t.co/CF6246miAf, 10 hours ago
- In a hospital. At the beach. Hamas, Israel tells us, is hiding among civilians | Richard Seymour http://t.co/TK05M4rTjV via @guardian, 10 hours ago
- RT @deep_beige: If you've got a killer joke always keep it circulating or it may get lost amid the tweets about victims of airstrikes http://t.co/UoslWYsild, 11 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Paul Mutter
Haaretz is out front in describing anti-democratic forces in Israel. Who will take up this journalistic challenge in the west? Especially as another Nakba is threatened
Leaked report from a settlers’ advocacy group ranks Knesset members by the amount of legislation they have advanced to benefit the settlements.
us plan for normalcy in the Gulf means billions of arms sales to UAE, Saudi Arabia and other border states of Iran
Settlers, led by the grandson of Meir Kahane, have been creating a “Hebrew Labor” directory of Israeli businesses in Jerusalem that employ Arabs.
Arab Spring? What Arab Spring?: US policy in the Middle East shows no change since the fall of Mubarak
Some telling remarks buried in a speech (“On Ensuring Israel’s Qualitative Military Edge”, PDF) justifying the annual US$3 billion aid package to Israel by Andrew Shapiro, the State Department’s Assistant Secretary for Political-Military Affairs: I know that the uncertainty over … Continue reading
“To strengthen Iran sanctions laws for the purpose of compelling Iran to abandon its pursuit of nuclear weapons and other threatening activities, and for other purposes,” begins HR1905, aka the 2011 “Iran Threat Reduction Act“ that has been advanced in the House … Continue reading
Richard Sale, author of Clinton’s Secret Wars, has written an article outlining the escalation of the joint U.S.-Israeli cyber attack on Iran’s nuclear program. A new malware, apparently built off of the Stuxnet worm used against Iran’s centrifuge systems between … Continue reading
Dear Ministers and Ambassadors, The UNESCO vote to accept Palestine as their 195th member – a recognition that does not entail any formal diplomatic standing at the UN – may mark a milestone in the “peace process,” or turn into … Continue reading
In four simple slides: Slide 1. Punish Ramallah. Slide 2. Topple Hamas. Slide 3. ???? Slide 4. Mideast Peace!
Rep. Steve Israel’s anti-Israel, anti-Semitic record on Occupy Wall Street (which must be news to him)
Representative Steve Israel (D-NY) apparently hates Israel because he hasn’t denounced Occupy Wall Street. He has even gone so far as support for it. So says a hit-piece published by Jeff Dunetz, YID with LID blogger and pal to Pamela Geller, on Andrew Breitbart’ … Continue reading
From the New York Times article “Foreign Aid Set to Take a Hit in U.S. Budget Crisis“: The House appropriations subcommittee, controlled by Republicans, proposed cutting the administration’s request by $12 billion, or 20 percent, to $47 billion, with $39 … Continue reading
That’s right: a Republican is giving Obama more credit than even his own party will for influencing –no, inducing — the “Arab Spring.” MSNBC broke the story, capturing footage of Michele Bachmann, GOP presidential hopeful, saying that: “Just like Jimmy … Continue reading
Vice PM Moshe Ya’alon: Regime change in Ramallah will ultimately be necessary for peace talks to progress
Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Strategic Affairs Moshe “Boogie” Ya’alon (Likud), former head of Israeli Intelligence in the West Bank and the IDF Chief of Staff during the Second Intifada, told Arutz Sheva that he does not believe that … Continue reading
One has to wonder why people sometimes allude to Avigdor Lieberman, and by extension, his nationalist Yisrael Beiteinu party, as latter-day Stalinists. Given Stalin’s attitude towards Zionism (against it), perception of Jews (dangerous elements) and plans for them (arrests and … Continue reading
In response to expected clashes between Israeli settlers and Palestinians over the UN vote on Palestinian statehood, the Palestinian Popular Struggle Coordination Committee and the Israel group Anarchists Against The Wall are launching their own patrol efforts around Palestinian villages. … Continue reading
Israel National News: “First Arab ‘September Attack’: Convoy Approached Negohot; September attacks have begun: Arabs in 40-50 vehicles drove along Jewish community’s fence, taunted and jeered.” Presumably, this will be used as evidence to suggest that the Arabs “started it,” … Continue reading
I said to myself two weeks ago, “I’m not writing anything about 9/11/11.” I knew I would eventually break that promise, though, in spite of my disgust for the 10th anniversary media hype – from People’s ‘Children of 9/11′ feature … Continue reading
Glenn Beck will likely soon regale us all with the valuable lessons he learned in Israel. Perhaps the rally turnout was lower than expected, but you can bet that any book he writes about it will become a bestseller in … Continue reading
Prominent Saudi officials have been wagging their fingers at the U.S. since 9/11, trying to convince Washington that Riyadh is as indispensable to the U.S.’s Middle East status quo as Tel Aviv is. One such prominent Saudi official, Prince Bandar, … Continue reading
If one thing has the potential to unite the fractious U.S. House of Representatives, it is the Palestinian bid for statehood at the UN. First up, we have Republican Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, the Chairwoman of the powerful House Foreign Affairs Committee, … Continue reading
‘September: The Threat of an Opportunity’ – Israeli settlers plan to confront Palestinian demonstrators
KM Ben-Ari of the National Unity Party has announced a call to action for Israeli settlers in the West Bank to march out and confront anticipated Palestinian demonstrations later this month, which he describes as delegitimizing provocations by “Arabs” and … Continue reading
Arrests of 100+ ‘Hamas agents’ in West Bank seem to be Israel’s latest effort to thwart Palestinian reconciliation
Israeli security forces report that they have arrested at least 100 suspected members of Hamas and claim to have foiled multiple bombing and kidnapping plots. These actions would seem to indicate a severe setback for Hamas’s influence in the Occupied … Continue reading
Some strange comments about “all out total war” and the use of WMD, by IDF Major General Eyal Eisenberg, former commander of the Gaza Division during Operation Cast Lead and newly appointed Home Front Command Chief, seem to be throwing … Continue reading
Haaretz: “Israeli settlers in the West Bank vandalized an Israel Defense Forces base on Wednesday, carrying out a “price tag” operation against the army for the first time since adopting the policy in recent years” “Unknown perpetrators infiltrated a base … Continue reading