- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 4
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 17
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 5
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 5
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 20
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 1
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 11
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa … 34
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- Israel encouraging more Christians to join military service http://t.co/0wDVo4tpjY via @reuters, 1 hour ago
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron http://t.co/wblFK3LyLL http://t.co/0XGl6B9JuS, 2 hours ago
- Video: A Jew who visited Palestine responds to @nytimes assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews http://t.co/47nU3SMYpk, 2 hours ago
- Thx for following Mondo on Twitter. You can also "Like" us on Facebook https://t.co/mOwMwszPwT & get our daily email http://t.co/O00ZWDlALu, 2 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: A group of young people whose forebears come from Iqrit have enacted on their own terms the right of return http://t.co/wJ8sTJs9GH, 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (20)
- brenda: “Contrast this uproar with the recent decision of the Israeli Supreme Court … Israel will...
- Philip Weiss: Great post, fascinating parallels. I got in an argument about this yesterday, a friend saying that BDS...
- puppies: @amigo – “especially now the Suicide Bombings are no longer Israel,s first excuse out on the...
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern overturns Students for Justice in Palestine suspension (5)
- W.Jones: Yes, except I am not making a judgment about SJP’s decision.
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have scoffed at– Bryan Burrough (44)
- PilgrimSoul: Terry Gross is a propagandist, and a particularly vulgar one. I’ll not soon forget her asking...
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy crops (12)
- talknic: “”He has to choose,” said prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu. “Does he want peace...
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (17)
- puppies: @unverified – Modifying a reader’s letter is vile and does deserve censure, but you seem to be...
- JeffB: @unverified Between 1968 and 2010 there were 3,568 deaths in Ireland due to religious struggles. The Second...
- marc b.: the times is incorrigible. Michael Gordon, who with Judith Miller helped spin the webs of lies about Iraqi...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (60)
- giladg: Yes talknic, “Die Stem”, which was the Afrikaner anthem, is part of the new Sth Arican anthem....
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (20)
Author Archives: Peter Voskamp
Samantha Power, the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, told an audience at the Center for American Progress in Washington Friday that there is “no risk-free door #2” in regard to Syria.
In confab over ‘Jewish democracy,’ Goldberg says the U.S. has plenty of ‘schmucks’ and ‘fascists’ too
Haaretz columnist Ari Shavit went on an extreme riff about the Arab Spring at a historic synagogue in Washington the other night — then stated that he spoke not as an Israeli Jewish Zionist but as a human being. Do you believe him? Peter Voskamp reports
Peter Voskamp reports from Obama’s speech yesterday: Medea Benjamin’s tactics during Obama’s drone speech yesterday provided a riveting exchange, with Obama saying, “That woman is worth paying attention to.” And the exchange could not have come at a better time on a more crucial set of issues: a president’s power to kill or indefinitely detain without due process. As it happened, Obama’s chief of staff was sitting directly behind me inside the National Defense University, and I couldn’t help but catch some of his reaction. Not only did he seem unfazed, he even wondered aloud if he should call off the encroaching security guards.
A transpartisan forum in D.C. denounces the National Defense Authorization Act– ‘the worst I’ve seen in my lifetime,’ says Naomi Wolf
I finally got around to reading Jonathan Franzen’s much-heralded novel, “Freedom.” At nearly 600 pages, it kept me engaged enough to finish, but I wonder what my impressions would have been had there not been so much hype surrounding the … Continue reading
Saw your post about Keller retiring and Brooke Gladstone interviewing him and Abramson. I share your outrage. I write though to relate to you a great line from Gladstone I heard on an NPR interview a few weeks ago. She … Continue reading
There is an old adage in journalism that says if both sides are mad at you, then you’ve done your job. FOX and Drudge are foaming at the mouth, accusing Obama of capitulating to terrorist demands (though Clinton and W. … Continue reading
Twelve hours after the announcement of Osama bin Laden’s demise, things were getting back to normal outside the White House. Normal meaning aswirl with tourists and a sprinkling of activists. Well-dressed government workers (identifiable by official laminates) strolled by during … Continue reading
The unexpected French success of “Indignez vous!” (or “Cry Out”), the 30-page call to non-violent arms by 93-year-old Stephane Hessel — former member of the French Resistance, concentration camp survivor and diplomat — has been met with mild wonder. After … Continue reading
One morning not long ago our tiny apartment began to shudder as if an earthquake were descending from above. My 14-month-old daughter scurried about, frightened and confused. Mom and dad looked on helplessly as the noise rattled our innards. It … Continue reading
I wonder if this is an Aquino moment for Israel. In 1983, Filipino strongman Ferdinand Marcos ordered opposition leader Nino Aquino dragged from the plane and executed upon his return from exile. It was illustrative of how Marcos, forever coddled … Continue reading
Remember, the Times won a Pulitzer for being on the right side (unh– our side) of Hiroshima radiation sickness
The controversy about Ethan Bronner and his son goes deeper than the New York Times’ coverage of the Middle East. I accept the argument that Bronner’s reporting is likely to be affected by those he lives and works with on … Continue reading
Bombshell in the Independent, in England, supporting Goldstone’s charge that civilians were deliberately targeted: A high-ranking officer has acknowledged for the first time that the Israeli army went beyond its previous rules of engagement on the protection of civilian lives … Continue reading
Regarding George Mitchell’s predicted failure… They’re all probably right. However, I just received the latest Alumni mag from Colby College, and felt a degree of pride for my old alma mater. Mitchell (actually a native of Waterville, Maine, where Colby … Continue reading