- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 0
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 14
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza … 0
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what … 8
- Netanyahu didn’t go to Mandela memorial because he needed ’100s’ … 12
- Forward publisher says ‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens’ … 17
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks … 5
- Israeli government hid map of Prawer plan from Bedouins and … 2
- Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial 0
- Butler: ASA boycott resolution pressures Israeli and US institutions supporting … 0
- ‘The Israeli sniper shot my son as if he hunted … 0
- Thousands mourn Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14, following ‘assassination’ by Israeli … 0
- Defying Hillel rules, Swarthmore chapter invites anti-Zionists to come on … 0
- Man of zeal? 0
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 0
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 81
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 65
- RT @ASE: Never have. RT @JeffreyGoldberg Havent heard a good explanation yet today about how #Israel remains a democracy while occupying Palestinians, 9 mins ago
- RT @johncbussey: Stan Fischer, up for No. 2 at the Fed, talking about Fed policy at the WSJ CEO Council in November. http://t.co/4ZYVkSotEQ @WSJ @WSJLive, 12 mins ago
- RT @JeffreyGoldberg: Haven't heard a good explanation yet today about how Israel remains a democracy while occupying the Palestinians. http://t.co/QKDJ2JqmdS, 12 mins ago
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Saying, "If we treat non-Jews the same way we treat Jews, then we'll lose our democracy," proves you never had democracy to begin with., 46 mins ago
- RT @WideAsleepNima: It's truly amazing that those who worry about Israel's "demographic time bomb" don't realize that they are revealing themselves as bigots., 46 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t drive because she is African (14)
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as it did with ‘Grapes of Wrath’ and ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ (55)
- Swarthmore Hillel stands by opening to anti-Zionists– as int’l org says, not ‘under our roof’ (13)
- Cina: There is a petition circulating to show support to Swarthmore Hillel. http://swatpetition.openhillel .org/
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism (16)
- Woody Tanaka: No, I just recognize that the odds of israel framing an innocent Palestinian is at least as good, or...
- Netanyahu didn’t go to Mandela memorial because he needed ’100s’ of Israeli officers to ‘protect him’ — Danon (12)
- Marco: When Israelis make claims like this – that their country is European – I can never take them...
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks of Jew-haters’ (5)
- goldmarx: John Podhoretz is no liberal. He is a neo-con who opposes affirmative action (like German Righty) and...
Author Archives: Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz
We are excited, humbled and relieved to say that we’ve reached our goal of raising $40,000 in the month of December. Thank you. We know these are extremely difficult economic times for many of us, which makes this show of … Continue reading
Mondoweiss.net fundraiser seeking $40,000 is ending in four days. A last appeal to our generous readers for help
The Mondoweiss fundraiser ends in four days, and we’re close. Help us reach our $40,000 goal, and receive a copy of Joe Sacco’s Footnotes in Gaza (above) with a tax-deductible donation of $100 or more.
Thank you! With your help Mondoweiss has grown a lot over the past 5 years. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation before the end of the year.
Annie Robbins has long worked at this site, now takes a public role, Writer at Large
‘NYT’ Op-Ed criticizes “pinkwashing” – the co-opting of white gay people by anti-immigrant & anti-Muslim political forces in Europe & Israel.
Announcing Mondoweiss’s first staffers: Allison Deger is joining us as assistant editor, and Alex Kane will be our first staff reporter.
As you’ve surely noticed things are looking very different around here. We have been working on redesigning the site since the end of the summer, and we’re excited about Mondoweiss 3.0. To us it signifies the continuing evolution of the … Continue reading
From the Arutz Sheva article “Congressmen with ‘Judeo-Christian Spirit’ Tour Heartland“: On November 9, five US Congressmen ventured into otherwise uncharted territory, at least by the standards of traditional diplomatic delegations to Israel. A strong affinity to Israel and genuine … Continue reading
Richard Goldstone’s op-ed in the Times today saying that it is “slander” to say that Israel practices “apartheid” is shocking at a number of levels. It is shocking that the eminent judge, who damaged his international reputation last spring by … Continue reading
The Jerusalem Post is covering the 25 ads in the New York subway system from the “Be On Our Side” campaign, against military funding to Israel. Reporter Jordana Horn: The 25 posters in 18 Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Bronx subway … Continue reading
Our successful fundraiser has brought us to a new milestone in the life of this site: We are searching for a part time Editorial Assistant. The position is three days a week and will combine editorial and administrative tasks along … Continue reading
“Despite the horrible hurricane, a life must go on. Planning a wonderful trip to Israel!” Martha Stewart’s tweet. Haaretz says it could be soon. The Israeli Ministry of Tourism is organizing and funding the trip as part of a push … Continue reading
We’re thinking of redesigning this site and we want your help. We plan on making the site easier to navigate, so that a reader can more easily sort out the content– right now it’s a little like a firehose — … Continue reading
What a day! Our fundraising drive is over and successful, and we want to offer deep gratitude to our readers. We reached our goal of $40,000 (including a matching grant of $10,000 from an anonymous friend) in just under a … Continue reading
Thank you! We’re already more than three-quarters to our goal of raising $40,000. That money will help us hire a part time editorial assistant and put the site on far more solid footing. Towards this end, we are excited to … Continue reading
Everyone who subscribes will get a sustainer star beside his or her handle on comments. We will continue to enhance site features.
We have great news: As of today Mondoweiss is a project of the Center for Economic Research and Social Change. CERSC is a great fit for us because the Center is fearlessly dedicated to ideas that are outside the mainstream. … Continue reading
A year back we did a few posts on the Yale Initiative for the Interdisciplinary Study of Anti-Semitism. Well my friend Abe Foxman informs that Yale is shutting the initiative down. No funding? And Jeffrey Goldberg, whose concern about anti-Semitism … Continue reading
We have two speaking events coming up in Chicago and Oakland in connection with our book The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict. The first one is tomorrow evening in Chicago, and we’re very … Continue reading
Terrible news. Hamas authorities have found the body of activist Vittorio Arrigoni, 36, inside a house in the Gaza Strip, the BBC is reporting. The International Solidarity Movement member was abducted early on Thursday. BBC: Hamas police reportedly found his … Continue reading
If you are in the New York Area please join us for what is sure to be an interesting event to promote our new book The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict. It’s free, … Continue reading
While parts of the Middle East seem on the verge of revolutionary change, in other parts it appears to be business as usual. This is a whack settler video, narrated by Eliyokim Cohen of Framingham, MA, gloating over the goldrush … Continue reading
Nation Books has just published our new book – The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict, which is an abridged copy of the UN report accompanied by a dozen essays, exploring the political, legal and … Continue reading