- Video: Celebrities, artists and activists call for Palestinian freedom in … 27
- Statement: Legal experts and human rights defenders demand international community … 45
- Photos: Across the U.S., thousands continue to march in solidarity … 6
- ‘Lone soldiers’ and young ideologues from around the world contribute … 32
- New York Times silences Israel’s Palestinian citizens on Gaza war 4
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 127
- 9 things the American media isn’t telling you about Israel/Palestine 33
- Video: Frantic scenes during Qalandia demonstration as wounded are rushed … 0
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, … 0
- Israel’s actions ‘unjustified’ in eyes of women, non-whites, Dems, indy’s, … 0
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear … 0
- In photos: Over 1,000 New Yorkers protest Israel’s attack on … 0
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 0
- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 0
- Photo: Message on Israeli shell headed to Gaza, ‘Thats for … 0
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 241
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 154
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @Mogaza: this is scary now. realy scary... the bombs are falling on residential areas! #GAZA, 4 hours ago
- RT @dancohen3000: Netanyahu called for vengeance and Israeli soldiers are taking it on Gazans https://t.co/9CyPpP60kz, 4 hours ago
- Can't tell if this is joke or not, but don't think it is --> Help make it happen Build the Third Temple on @indiegogo http://t.co/0PxvkASHcc, 5 hours ago
- RT @Daraghma1988: #BREAKING: News report the #Israeli occupation warplanes just bombarded the house of Ismail Haniyyah, Former #Palestinian Prime Minister., 5 hours ago
- RT @soysauce4peace: What a failure of humanity we are witnessing in Gaza. Mercy on all who remain., 6 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
- talknic: @Jon66 … does a double down on stupid “Is it identified so that you know it’s a military...
- just: “And most of all, you’ll be completely safe from persecution.” Not if you disagree with the...
- talknic: @Jon66 does Habara stupid so well! IDF have their headquarters in empty isolated fields? WOW!!! I wonder if...
- Controversial, illegal, and documented: Israeli military strategies in Gaza (40)
- ritzl: @DaBakr: A) Nonsense. B) Complete nonsense. C) What are the tunnels “there for?” You know, skip...
- Dr. Kristol’s curriculum: US ‘special responsibilities’ include ‘ancient longings’ of Jewish nationalists (19)
- Mooser: “Zionism has opened the door wide for the reemergence of white ethnic and Christian religious...
- Breaking: Israel shelling hospital in Beit Hanoun, injured Palestinians and internationals trapped inside (6)
- ‘Israel is wrong by any moral standard’ — Robinson says, as US media pile up (47)
- Sumud: I thought the UN didn’t know the origins of the rockets but you say “the UN has repeatedly...
- NY Times reports source of UNRWA school attack is unclear even though Israel said they did it (35)
- Which crowded cities can you fire into? (50)
Author Archives: Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz
American media are at last beginning to convey a more balanced picture of the Israel Palestine conflict, at least in the letters to the editor.
From Selma to Qalandiya– water cannons used against peaceful demonstrators
We are adding two new rules to our comments policy: No Holocaust or Nakba denial, and we’re not interested in turning the site into a forum for discussing different versions of the 9/11 attacks.
Here’s a mental health break going into 2012. Thanks again everyone for a great year and we’ll see you soon.
We are excited, humbled and relieved to say that we’ve reached our goal of raising $40,000 in the month of December. Thank you. We know these are extremely difficult economic times for many of us, which makes this show of … Continue reading
Mondoweiss.net fundraiser seeking $40,000 is ending in four days. A last appeal to our generous readers for help
The Mondoweiss fundraiser ends in four days, and we’re close. Help us reach our $40,000 goal, and receive a copy of Joe Sacco’s Footnotes in Gaza (above) with a tax-deductible donation of $100 or more.
Thank you! With your help Mondoweiss has grown a lot over the past 5 years. Please consider making a tax-deductible donation before the end of the year.
Annie Robbins has long worked at this site, now takes a public role, Writer at Large
‘NYT’ Op-Ed criticizes “pinkwashing” – the co-opting of white gay people by anti-immigrant & anti-Muslim political forces in Europe & Israel.
Announcing Mondoweiss’s first staffers: Allison Deger is joining us as assistant editor, and Alex Kane will be our first staff reporter.
Richard Goldstone’s op-ed in the Times today saying that it is “slander” to say that Israel practices “apartheid” is shocking at a number of levels. It is shocking that the eminent judge, who damaged his international reputation last spring by … Continue reading
The Jerusalem Post is covering the 25 ads in the New York subway system from the “Be On Our Side” campaign, against military funding to Israel. Reporter Jordana Horn: The 25 posters in 18 Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Bronx subway … Continue reading
Our successful fundraiser has brought us to a new milestone in the life of this site: We are searching for a part time Editorial Assistant. The position is three days a week and will combine editorial and administrative tasks along … Continue reading
“Despite the horrible hurricane, a life must go on. Planning a wonderful trip to Israel!” Martha Stewart’s tweet. Haaretz says it could be soon. The Israeli Ministry of Tourism is organizing and funding the trip as part of a push … Continue reading
We’re thinking of redesigning this site and we want your help. We plan on making the site easier to navigate, so that a reader can more easily sort out the content– right now it’s a little like a firehose — … Continue reading
What a day! Our fundraising drive is over and successful, and we want to offer deep gratitude to our readers. We reached our goal of $40,000 (including a matching grant of $10,000 from an anonymous friend) in just under a … Continue reading
Thank you! We’re already more than three-quarters to our goal of raising $40,000. That money will help us hire a part time editorial assistant and put the site on far more solid footing. Towards this end, we are excited to … Continue reading
Everyone who subscribes will get a sustainer star beside his or her handle on comments. We will continue to enhance site features.
A year back we did a few posts on the Yale Initiative for the Interdisciplinary Study of Anti-Semitism. Well my friend Abe Foxman informs that Yale is shutting the initiative down. No funding? And Jeffrey Goldberg, whose concern about anti-Semitism … Continue reading
We have two speaking events coming up in Chicago and Oakland in connection with our book The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict. The first one is tomorrow evening in Chicago, and we’re very … Continue reading