- Tariq Abu Khdeir is not deterred: Despite Israeli police attack, … 10
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these … 21
- Amid fierce debate, members of German think tank take a … 14
- Air strikes and rocket fire resume as Gaza negotiations collapse 48
- Ceasefire comes to a close — Mohammed Assaf’s ‘Raise Your … 37
- Revenge devoid of purpose: Punitive demolitions of Palestinian homes 8
- NY Times describes Israel’s June rampage in the West Bank … 8
- More Orientalist insinuations in the New York Times 41
- Man who saved Jewish boy in Holocaust acts to save … 0
- Social worker, 45, among 3 killed by Israeli soldiers at … 0
- Checking under Israel’s Iron Dome 0
- Rabbi slams ‘militarization’ in St. Louis but when it comes … 0
- Palestine posters archive nominated to UNESCO Memory of the World … 0
- Knight in shining armor? 0
- 5 micro incidents of hope 0
- Gov. Cuomo annexes Jerusalem to Israel — and ‘NYT’ echoes … 0
- US branch of the Jewish ‘family’ owes the homeland ‘unconditional … 170
- Watch: Young Israeli Jew at Western Wall calls for ‘another … 117
- Hollywood’s latest blacklist shadows Bardem, Cruz, Almodovar 105
- The Walzer Problem 96
- ‘One nation, one state, one leader’ — frightening slogan at … 90
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Is the firing of Steven Salaita the beginning of a … 86
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- RT @ChemiShalev: Hamas: Israel tried to kill Mohammed Deif, head of Qassam brigades and no. 1 on Israel's list. His fate unclear but wife & daughter dead, 11 hours ago
- Tariq Abu Khdeir is not deterred: Despite Israeli police attack, he plans 2 return 2 Palestine http://t.co/drxGmuLPCc http://t.co/DYGlKYtuv3, 11 hours ago
- 'I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts' http://t.co/nXjb3jhp1d #IfNotNow #Gaza http://t.co/GY6ZQGjWSV, 11 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: A timeline full of horrors: James Foley, #Ferguson, #Gaza, 11 hours ago
- Amid fierce debate, members of German think tank @rosaluxstiftung take a stand on Gaza http://t.co/cech4T4i9m, 15 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- HAMAS made me do it! (13)
- Gruesome tales surface of Israeli massacres against families in Gaza’s Shujaiya neighborhood (29)
- With ceasefire set to expire, Palestinians aim to lift the siege while Israel wants to turn ‘Gaza into Ramallah’ (14)
- Kay24: At least not in our lifetime. I will die a sad person knowing the Palestinians never got justice, ever. :((
- Witnessing Gaza (30)
- Rob Reiner wants to pick Palestinians’ leaders for them (16)
- Marco: The anti-Tea Party sentiments of Hollywood liberals like Reiner is motivated more by condescension towards...
- UPDATED: Bay Area demonstrators succeed for second day in ‘Blocking the Boat for Gaza’ (36)
Author Archives: Philip Weiss
Human Rights Council names William Schabas, Doudou Diene and Amal Alamuddin to its next mission to look into atrocities in Gaza, sequel to Goldstone report. Israel lobbyist says the report won’t be favorable to Israel.
Tough Hillary Clinton says ‘dreadful’ pictures of dead women and children make it hard to get at truth– Hamas is to blame
Sitting down with the former Israeli soldier Jeffrey Goldberg, a tough Hillary Clinton repeatedly undermines Obama from the right, on Iran, on the civilian slaughter in Gaza. And she says all the attention Gaza is getting reflects anti-Semitism in Europe. Nothing at all about the Israeli occupation.
Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem are reportedly facing a “serious backlash” to their careers from top Hollywood executives for calling Gaza a “genocide.” It’s mostly rumor, but another reflection of the Israel lobby’s power
Scott Lemieux and Iymen Chehade say that just because Steven Salaita’s views on Palestinians differ from the dominant narrative of the conflict doesn’t mean that a university has the right to fire him. Duh– you’d think.
Shades of fascism in the placard that a pro-war demonstrator holds in Tel Aviv the other night, “One nation, one state, one leader.”
Is Steve Israel running away from Benjamin Netanyahu? The congressman tweets his meeting with Mikey Weiss of Roslyn Heights but not the prime minister of America’s “greatest ally.”
‘An extreme rightwing regime behaving in the most criminal fashion and defying the world and unscrupulously using the Holocaust to justify what they’re doing’
Senator David Norris of Ireland gives a truly inspiring speech about the Israeli destruction of human rights. Do Arab societies discriminate against gays like him? It doesn’t mean that it is correct to deny people the right to choose their own government.
Amer Shurrab, a Palestinian student, is asked why Palestinians are using violence. He says that Palestinians have a right to resist occupation violently, that Gazans have no choice but to employ violence in their resistance, as Israel would ignore civil disobedience in that ghetto, and that Palestinians have actually not targeted civilians.
Some ally. Israel reportedly eavesdropped on John Kerry telephone calls during the late-lamented peace process negotiations. Nearly half of Israelis wanted to give Obama the Ebola virus for his birthday Aug. 4.
American woman abandons Zionist group after hearing Palestinian describe slaughter of six family members
Palestinian student Amer Shurrab’s description of Israel’s killing of his two brothers in 2009 and four cousins in 2014 in Gaza is having an impact: An American woman says she has left the liberal Zionist group J Street “in disgust” to join Jewish Voice for Peace. Others are making this walk, too.
‘A blind evil rage that increased forever, day and night’ –Mads Gilbert on Operation Protective Edge
The Israeli war is a war against the spirit of Palestinian resistance. How would Norwegians feel if the occupier had never left in 1945 but had stayed for decades, taking their land and confining the indigenous on lean land, says Norwegian doctor Mads Gilbert on returning to Tromso from Gaza
Last week Rep. Steve Israel, visiting Israel on AIPAC’s dime, bridled at angry tweeters. He’s still on the defensive, snorting that some accuse Israel of “war crimes.” Yes, Ken Roth of Human Rights Watch, for one.
Even Wieseltier is upset by ‘indifference in Jewish world’ to Gaza slaughter and wholehearted Israeli support for it
Palestine should “end the charade” and go to the International Criminal Court to make Israel at last pay a price for the “war crimes” that it has gotten away with again and again, says Kenneth Roth, of Human Rights Watch, on Democracy Now! Other intellectuals, notably Leon Wieseltier, made “queasy” by Israeli support for the slaughter, have signaled a shift in the American discussion of Palestinian human rights.
The New York Times is furiously rewriting the history of the Gaza conflict to put all the blame on Hamas for the violence, and say nothing about the seven-year-long Israeli siege of the Strip. It blames Hamas for starting the war by kidnapping Israeli teens, leaving out disclaimers of Hamas’s responsibility and Israel’s interest in waging war on Hamas to end its unity deal with Fatah.
#IfNotNow is the latest non-Zionist group for young Jews. It has arisen in anger at the Gaza slaughter. Nine members of the group were arrested in action at the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations and it has followed up with a Brooklyn demonstration and an organizing meeting in NY.
Steven Salaita– unremitting in criticism of Zionism and Gaza slaughter– loses a job at University of Illinois
Steven Salaita, the English scholar and author, has called Zionism colonialism and the Gaza onslaught a genocide, on twitter. He has reportedly lost a job at the American Indian studies program at the University of Illinois Champagn Urbana.
US ambassador to the UN Samantha Power has been bending over backwards not to mention Israel when she condemns the slaughter of civilians in Gaza. But her landmark 2002 book A Problem From Hell: America and the Age of Genocide, derides US public officials for turning a blind eye to ethnic massacres.
The Temple Institute are rightwing nuts who want to clear the temple mount in Jerusalem of the Al Aqsa mosque and Dome of the Rock, glories of Islamic civilization. And they’re raising money on Indiegogo to do it, nearly $17,000 so far.
British gov’t minister resigns over ‘morally indefensible’ Gaza policy, urging Palestinians to go to international criminal court
Profile in courage, Sayeeda Warsi, a senior British minister in the Foreign Office, resigned over her gov’t’s Gaza policy, calling it morally indefensible. She says UK is going against “the rule of law.” And she says Palestinians should go to the Hague
Massacring children is not good for a country’s brand. There are more and more signs that the American left is done with Israel as its political support “disintegrates” around the world. Even Michael Walzer, the liberal Zionist, says Israel is behaving the way the US behaved in Vietnam.
Rep Steve Israel says he’s proud to go to Israel to support it when it’s “under fire,”– paid for by the Israel lobby AIPAC– but a lot of folks on his twitter feed aren’t happy about that.
Anoushka Shankar is Ravi Shankar’s daughter. She wrote this on Facebook three days ago. It is more evidence that Israel is lost and a tsunami of public opinion is sweeping away its image; Shankar (who lives in US, UK and India) … Continue reading
Ed Miliband, Labour leader, goes way further than an American politician, saying that Israel’s assault on Palestinian civilians is unacceptable and unjustified, and the British public and the world see it
Jim Fallows is a student of elites who began his career by exposing the corruption of the establishment during the Vietnam war. He knows about the rise of Zionists into the power structure, but he won’t write about it.
President Obama now blames Hamas for the civilian slaughter in Gaza, saying that militants brought Israeli fire on themselves and civilians are caught “in the crossfire.” Diana Buttu says that Obama is blaming the victim, while AP reports that Benjamin Netanyahu lectured the US, Never second guess me again.