- Film Review — ‘Al Helm: Martin Luther King in Palestine’ 1
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial 1
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream 2
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 32
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 6
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 17
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 2
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 8
- Shimon Peres on Mandela and Apartheid: Now & Then 0
- Marwan Barghouthi on Mandela: ‘Our freedom seems possible because you … 0
- The unspoken alliance: Israel’s secret relationship with apartheid South Africa 0
- Jewish establishment stays silent on Israeli plan to forcibly displace … 0
- The high cost of Israel’s water policies 0
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 0
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 0
- In 1990 ‘Nightline’ town hall, Jewish leaders call Mandela ‘hypocritical’ … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 127
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 115
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 86
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Man of zeal? 71
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 69
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial http://t.co/3BmK05QVN9, 1 hour ago
- RT @aptly_engineerd: Israel approves detention without charges for African migrants http://t.co/5SUIhnyfpt via @reuters, 4 hours ago
- RT @elivalley: “'Anti-Zionists’ will not be permitted to speak using the Hillel name or under the Hillel roof.” - @eric_fingerhut http://t.co/yLjpfbZv3S, 4 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Ashrawi urges NBC to halt drama series set in East Jerusalem | Maan News Agency http://t.co/2dALLUUJjA, 5 hours ago
- RT @adanielroth: Billel? Hillel Cool? Hillel Zero? Crystal Hillel? Hillel St. Blues? #NewNamesForSwarthmoreHillel @alexbkane @Mondoweiss @simonerzim, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (17)
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (32)
- yonah fredman: Again we have the language of propaganda: “He certainly does not refer to Jewish American...
- ritzl: Good point. Increasing sanctions/sabotaging this deal would have to be veto proof in both bodies, assuming...
- JeffB: @piotr The remaining question is if Menendez and Schumer are engaged in “the usual posturing” or in “rank,...
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (69)
- Hostage: The US is mostly only blocking security council resolutions. They do not want to create meaningless article...
- Hostage: People considered the Iraq resolutions harsh but they never said anything like member nations should...
- JeffB: Walid – The Palestinians have won their case in the international arena again and again and again and...
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial (1)
- Kathleen: Racism is racism and so many folks have yet to connect the apartheid dots. Thanks Alex. So many South...
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream (2)
- Hostage: The Romanian government has said it will stop sending construction workers to Israel if Jerusalem does not...
Author Archives: Philip Weiss
The left has never come to terms with the April 2011 murder of Juliano Mer-Khamis inside Jenin refugee camp. The London Review of Books tries to make sense of Mer-Khamis’s daring, dramatic story
Did Obama stab Israel in the back? Jacob Heilbrunn asks Maurice Greenberg at the National Interest. I wouldn’t trust him, Greenberg says
The Iran deal is an important moment in Jewish history because the Jewish state has made clear that it wants American Jews to support it and oppose the deal, but American Jews aren’t buying. This is a crisis both for … Continue reading
Dylan said a change in the weather is known to be extreme, and Joseph Berman, a civil rights advocate in Boston, knows this: his ties to the ADL, which denied Armenian genocide, are proving a liability to his nomination to a high court post in Massachusetts
‘Iran in final stages of production of nuclear bomb’ –Israelis said — in 1984
UN Women’s Guild bazaar in Geneva features native foods and crafts. So why is American booth featuring Jif and Oreos and Snickers? Why do they hate us?
Hollywood producer Arnon Milchan says that legendary actor/director Sydney Pollack participated in his spying activities for Israel by helping bring out sensitive military equipment to the Jewish state.
Munich hysteria on the right over the Iran deal. Max Blumenthal says Netanyahu once said giving Palestinians sovereignty was Munich. Emily Hauser says, Read a book.
Alexander Bolton at the Hill says that Democrats’ opposition to the Iran deal reflects “big Jewish donors’” concerns about it. Why isn’t Chris Matthews talking about this?
Overcoming vicious smears for his position on Israel, Brian Klug gave a thoughtful and gracious lecture on the meaning of anti-Semitism on the anniversary of Kristallnacht at the Jewish Museum in Berlin
Brian Lehrer says that we shouldn’t “pigeonhole” Israel as the major opposition to the Iran deal when Saudia Arabia, Turkey and the Gulf States are also opposed. But all those countries have welcomed the deal, reportedly
Mayor Elect Bill de Blasio of New York takes care of some very important business: meets Israeli President Shimon Peres with a giant Israeli flag behind them
A J Street employee, Logan Bayroff, says that Jeffrey Goldberg has a hair trigger for identifying anti-Semitism, lately accusing Zbig Brzezinski
Israel’s sudden isolation from world consensus was signaled in a solemn, militant speech that its prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, gave to his Cabinet meeting today. He called the Iran deal a “historic mistake” and said that Israel was not bound by the agreement, but had the right and obligation to act “by itself.” And: “The most dangerous regime in the world has taken a significant step toward attaining the most dangerous weapon in the world.” His comments are sure to create division inside the Israel lobby in the U.S.
A historic deal was reached in Geneva tonight that has brought the U.S. and Iran back from the brink of a disastrous folly. There is widespread jubilation over the Iran deal. The National Iranian American Council calls it a form of deliverance, though elements of the Israel lobby are anguished, and there are signs that the neocons will mount last-gasp efforts to kill the agreement
The two-state solution was based on the idea that West Bank Palestinians would sell out Palestinian refugees to have sovereignty over a fragmented state. But Palestinians never accepted that deal, and of course neither did Israelis, and the continuing dispossession in the West Bank makes violence inevitable.
David Makovsky wrote four years ago that Hassan Rouhani was a supremely pragmatic cleric who was not given to apocalyptic messianic delusions. Now Makovsky is holding the Middle East portfolio at State. Will his realism prevail?
Natalie Portman flexing her muscles in Israel nearly 20 years ago — will this snapshot save Israel? Sheldon Adelson seems to think so.
Brandeis President Fred Lawrence finds Sari Nusseibeh’s condemnation of a militant rally using Nazi-like salutes at his school too weak, and Nusseibeh, a moderate, has been tossed from a Brandeis board
Because Palestine Solidarity Committee co-sponsored Avraham Burg talk at Harvard, Hillel barred his talk. Burg has said the two-state solution is over
At the UN Women’s Guild bazaar in Geneva, US tells the world and its own people to eat shit (Snickers and Oreos) while Hungarians offer paprika, Palestinians olive oil, and Chadians honey
Lee Smith at Tablet says that Jewish power in the U.S. is fostered by Israel’s power, and so the U.S.’s separation from Israel on a potential Iran deal undermines Jews. Go figure.
David Remnick says that many Jews in his own family are Israel-right-or-wrong, but that the liberal members are becoming embarrassed about Israel, and Jeffrey Goldberg says that this attitude could be “fatal” because Israel depends on American Jews. “Stand by me,” Ari Shavit requests. All on Charlie Rose
Friedman says lobby’s power to stymie Obama on major foreign policy opening stems from ‘Jewish votes and donations’
Jeffrey Goldberg and Tom Friedman disagree about the power of Jewish money over foreign policy. Isn’t it time to have this conversation out in the open, mainstream media?
Steven Goldberg, hothead national vice chair of the Zionist Organization of America, says that militant Jews need to protect Jewish students who wear tshirts with Hebrew writing on them so that Muslim students don’t attack them. Yep, he said it in New York Sunday.