- ‘No food, no water to revive awaiting certain death…’: Horrifying … 24
- On ‘Death to Arabs’ in Jerusalem & Tel Aviv 18
- 9 Reasons why Israel is under rocket attack 18
- It’s time for liberal Jewish bodies to take a stand 34
- Critical Ethnic Studies Association and the African Literature Association endorse … 1
- Palestinians build tunnel to attack Israeli kindergarten, Netanyahu says 60
- Speaking to the Deaf: Activists attempt to talk with the … 3
- ‘Heartbreaking’ is U.S. government’s talking point for Gaza massacre 67
- Palestinians celebrate report that Hamas captured Israeli soldier 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 0
- Video: A beautiful brother went looking for his family in … 0
- Video: Resistance activists down power line in West Bank 0
- Look at Netanyahu’s ‘evidence’ that civilians are harboring rockets in … 0
- Hamas wants to pile up ‘telegenically-dead Palestinians for their cause’ … 0
- ‘Washington Post’ exhibits naked double standard in Israeli, Palestinian deaths … 0
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 200
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- RT @WilliamsJon: UN Human Rights Council votes for Commission of Inquiry on alleged war crimes in #Gaza. 1 country voted against: USA http://t.co/lrvc0TWqCS, 5 hours ago
- .@ISMPalestine: Israeli military falsifies photograph to justify bombing el-Wafa hospital http://t.co/ZgIwkrMghh http://t.co/OnI5KYzP6Q, 6 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: Boy from Long Island moves to foreign country, takes citizenship & joins its army. Boy says others are too focused on said foreign country., 6 hours ago
- RT @tomgara: Smart take. http://t.co/ZWIhXCKZaX, 7 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Madonna: These flowers are like the innocent children of GAZA! Who has a right to destroy them? No One!!! CEASE FIRE! http://t.co/9nKkAhDW9p, 7 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Philip Weiss
Last Friday Benjamin Netanyahu said that he will never accept full Palestinian sovereignty on the West Bank. The end of the two state solution is now dawning on the world discourse. Israel’s only answer is occupation and violence.
The Israel-Palestine conflict laps up on US shores. A Homeland Security official fires a gun at pro-Palestine demonstrators following a skirmish between pro-Israel and pro-Palestine rallies in Los Angeles yesterday
Lots of folks have Israel’s back in the U.S. Like who? Great company: Fox News, Gov. Chris Christie, and Jewish kids in Washington who want to join the Israeli army and whose parents identify with settlers.
Israel is “looking for a reason to kill,” Eddie Vedder says during an encore in Buckinghamshire England Friday night. He did not mention Israel by name but deplored the use of taxpayers money to “drop bombs on children” and cross borders and take land
A Senate resolution sponsored by Republican Lindsey Graham and Democrats Robert Menendez and Chuck Schumer calls on ending Hamas’s role in the Palestinian government and Israel’s right to defend itself, so as “ensure the survival of the State of Israel.” Did you know those rockets were an existential threat?
The root cause of the crisis in Israel and Palestine is the idea that Jewish lives matter more than Palestinian lives, Jewish Voice for Peace says in an appeal to Americans, and especially American Jews, to speak out.
A highly disturbing video from Gaza shows a Palestinian father pleading with his son to wake up. The boy is dead, having suffered severe head injury in an Israeli missile attack.
What kind of warning is it when Israel “taps” a roof in Gaza and less than a minute later destroys a house with a missile? You can hear the terror in the people’s voices on video posted by Israel’s Haaretz newspaper that purports to explain the tactic.
Yousef Munayyer says that BDS is an effective tool and the only way to counter US support for Jewish control of Palestinians’ lives inside Palestine as the lead piece of five in The Nation addressing Noam Chomsky’s criticism of BDS and dismissal of the right of return.
The latest Israeli assault on Gaza is being covered in a new way in the United States mainstream, with an alternative voice trickling in. Last night NBC News featured a Palestinian victim of the assault at the top of the broadcast, and the New York Times dares to discuss Jewish “extremists.” Reaction abounds. A Fox News commentator calls the Obama administration “borderline Jew-hating” and The New Republic pipes the Israeli ambassador’s propaganda.
Obama raised money at $10,000 a head in Dallas last night at the home of Marc Stanley, who has said Netanyahu and Obama are on “truly the same page.” No wonder the White House can’t criticize Israel!
Israel-centrism at the State Dep’t and in the media. Jen Psaki, gov’t spox, says Israelis have a right to defend themselves but can’t say the same of Palestinians, while US media attempt to describe the Gaza rockets and Israeli missiles as comparable in impact, when 67 Palestinians have died, and there are no reports of Israeli deaths.
Philip Gordon, White House official, gave sharp speech in Tel Aviv warning Israel about tsunami of isolation: “How will it have peace if it is unwilling to delineate a border, end the occupations and allow for Palestinian sovereignty, security, and dignity? How will we prevent other states from isolating Israel or supporting Palestinian efforts in international bodies if Israel is not seen as committed to peace?”
The Times identifies men accused of killing Mohammed Abu Khdeir as Israelis, leaving “Jewish” till the second paragraph. Others, from Haaretz to BBC to Jake Tapper, are more blunt. It may make you squeamish to say Jewish, but it’s accurate.
The western press has been shocked that Israeli forces beat a Florida boy, Tarek Abu Khdeir, so brutally that his face was misshapen. But two years ago Breaking the Silence, an Israeli human rights group, published a report in which Palestinian boys are beaten “to a pulp” on many occasions.
A photo taken by NBC News reporter Ayman Mohyeldin of Tarek Abu Khdeir kneeling at grave of his murdered cousin Mohammed. Meantime, Brian Williams of NBC warns of “intifada-style outburst of violence,” and State Dep’t says it is “shocked” by Tarek’s beating.
July 4th Alliance for Palestinian Freedom in Wellfleet, MA, had a float at the parade last week that denounced “Zionist Israel.” And cards handed out by the group said, “Let’s talk about Zionism.”
The brutal beating of a 15-year-old Palestinian-American boy by Israeli forces in Jerusalem is proving to be a landmark moment in coverage of the conflict, as American media are reporting Tarek Abu Khdeir’s story in a straightforward manner for once. They sympathetic reports are bringing the Palestinian experience back here as never before. Above, an interview with the Washington Post.
The US State Department says it is “profoundly troubled” by the beating in Jerusalem by Israeli police of Tarek Abu Khdeir, a 15-year-old from Florida, and called for a transparent investigation resulting in “full accountability”. A Baltimore Sun report sympathetic to the boy’s family and a White House rally are other signs the case is getting considerable attention in the U.S.
The two state paradigm is crumbling around us with the failure of John Kerry’s initiative. Britain’s largest labor union voted this week to support BDS, boycott, divestment, and sanctions, and rejected a motion to support the U.S.-led peace talks.
Jeffrey Goldberg questions whether the survival of a Jewish state is an American national security interest, and Martin Indyk, former State Department envoy, says it is a vital interest of the U.S. Two Zionists in conversation, at the Aspen Ideas Festival.
When it came time to retire an armored car owned by the New York Times in Israel, Irit Pazner, an employee of the paper, suggested they give it to the army. Taking sides?
“When Mr. Right Hates Israel,” is the title of an advice column in the Jewish Forward in which a 32-year-old Jewish woman says she’s ready to marry a guy but he sees Israel as an “apartheid state.” The piece is a giant step forward as it normalizes the idea that Americans can hate Israel.
After vowing ‘vengeance’ against ‘human animals’ who killed Israeli teens, Israeli PM Netanyahu today walked back his language, saying that Israelis must remain ‘cool-headed’ and seek justice. But the damage has been done.
Liberal Zionists’ denial of Israeli racism heightens danger to ‘everyone living in this land’ — Blumenthal
The ideological battle between liberal Zionists and anti-Zionists has sharpened in recent days. Max Blumenthal explains that liberal Zionists deny the racism and violence in Israeli society so as to preserve a “dreamcastle Israel” that is central to their Jewish identity.