- Swarthmore Hillel should invite Blumenthal and Abulhawa into the schoolhouse … 0
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more … 0
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 15
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 32
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza … 6
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what … 24
- Netanyahu didn’t go to Mandela memorial because he needed ’100s’ … 29
- Forward publisher says ‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens’ … 38
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 0
- Man of zeal? 0
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 0
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 0
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 0
- On Human Rights Day, stop the blank check to Israel 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 143
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 109
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 85
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 80
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- RT @ChrisMcGreal: S African Jewish community adopted “attitude of neutrality” on apartheid - @timesofisrael. Neutrality on apartheid? http://t.co/SAtqPxfWue, 1 hour ago
- RT @AfricasaCountry: Rahim Kurwa (on @Mondoweiss): Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with same moral clarity as apartheid South Africa http://t.co/pNtYLEAV0B, 3 hours ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 12/12/2013 - http://t.co/IaXnstX2mM, 5 hours ago
- RT @WordreamsTweets: @Mondoweiss article about the upcoming Gaza Writes Back, copyedited by Wordreams! http://t.co/Hsb8Vj8Gjz, 16 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: Made a donation to @Mondoweiss. But didn't take the gift copy of @MaxBlumenthal's book. Got my copy already. Donate: https://t.co/kEg7uuogeA, 16 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Shared values: Likud member says Prawer Plan akin to what ‘Americans did to the Indians’ (24)
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (109)
- talknic: @ MahaneYehude1 “In the short history of our conflict..” From the founding of the Jewish...
- JeffB: @Shmuel Except for the Orthodox, neo-Orthodox, Reform, socialists, assimilationists and even some of the...
- talknic: @ MahaneYehude1 “You have no ability to see the Israeli side, the Israeli sufferings, the fact that...
- 92d St Y speaker decried those who ‘suck the cocks of Jew-haters’ (14)
- Annie Robbins: So says ‘Holier than’ thou Philip Weiss – but wait! miriam, you should brush up on your reading...
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (80)
- irishmoses: The term “Jew Hater” is showing up more frequently. I guess “anti-Semite” has...
- Narrative stronger than weapons: the 23 short stories in ‘Gaza Writes Back’ (6)
- bintbiba: My tears are choking me! Beautiful, poignant, serene in spite of …….
- Forward publisher says ‘America’s full acceptance of its Jewish citizens’ is bad for the Jews (38)
- Elisabeth: Over the top reaction as usual. It isn’t exactly a swastika you know.
- Swarthmore Hillel stands by opening to anti-Zionists– as int’l org says, not ‘under our roof’ (33)
- JeffB: @Ron – Calm down. As for Hillel’s not having leases, they most certainly do have leases. You are...
Author Archives: Rae Abileah
Rae Abileah writes about her great-uncle, the Israeli pacifist Joseph Abileah.
SFO Jewish Library (you read that right– library) cancels panel on Jewish activism because participant supports boycott
Censored in S.F.: A Jewish library–that’s right, a library–cancels event because a critic of Israel was to speak. The event loses its venue
From the chambers of Congress to the shores of the Mediterranean, non-violent protesters are rising up against the Israeli occupation. And while the action I took to disrupt Netanyahu in Congress one month ago and the CODEPINK delegation preparing to sail to Gaza … Continue reading
Do you know that our Congress gave 29 standing ovations to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he spoke in the Capital on Tuesday, May 24? I couldn’t watch this hero’s welcome for a man who supports the continued building … Continue reading
One year ago this week, on April 14, 2010, I was pulling a bleary-eyed all-nighter at the heated divestment on the UC Berkeley campus about divestment from US corporations profiting from the Israeli occupation. I was there to testify in … Continue reading
Last Wednesday, March 30, was The Palestinian Land Day, which marked the murder of six unarmed Palestinian protesters in 1976, and the Palestinian Boycott National Committee called for boycott actions around the world to commemorate this day. West Coast activist … Continue reading
The recently released Wikileaks diplomatic cables reveal that Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu posited the Goldstone Report and a nuclear Iran as the main existential threats to his country, but the real existential threat to Israel is its own policies. On … Continue reading
Being young and Jewish and realizing what Israel’s occupation is really like, contrary to what we may have been taught in our religious schools or high school trips to the holy land, can be a lonely journey. It can be … Continue reading
Today is Tisha B’av, the ninth of the Jewish month of Av, a day when Jews traditionally remember the destruction of the Temples and other tragedies of our history by fasting and reading from the Book of Lamentations, culminating a … Continue reading
A former IDF soldier is speaking out in opposition to the occupation of Palestine. An 85-year old Holocaust survivor testifies to the peril of waiting to make a decision rather than saving lives now by stopping war machines. A queer … Continue reading
This week almost 8,000 people from all 50 states are in DC lobby for violence and to incite suffering and warfare. No, it’s not the NRA. It’s the annual American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) annual policy conference, which this … Continue reading
In the small town where I grew up, we were one of only a tiny handful of Jewish families. Every year of high school my mom would cook up hundreds of latkes for me to bring to school to give … Continue reading