- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 0
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 3
- Man of zeal? 6
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 12
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in … 3
- Defying Hillel rules, Swarthmore chapter invites anti-Zionists to come on … 17
- Thousands mourn Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14, following ‘assassination’ by Israeli … 1
- Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial 8
- US Senate voted overwhelmingly for sanctions to ‘wake up’ apartheid … 0
- Warpaint and terrorists 0
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 0
- Two months away from home 0
- On the death of Nelson Mandela: a dissenting opinion 0
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 0
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 0
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 126
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 95
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 84
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 62
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Travesty Netanyahu skipping Mandela memorial.Israel & S.Africa have bn close 4 decades. Is tht how U treat a friend?! http://t.co/TrU85f6tsr, 4 mins ago
- Help .@Mondoweiss send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! http://t.co/TrU85f6tsr, 9 mins ago
- RT @ibnezra: Israel is sending A WEST BANK SETTLER to Mandela's memorial. http://t.co/m4uz4YwG00, 26 mins ago
- Man of zeal? http://t.co/8fbtAAJBea, 29 mins ago
- Remember Mandela's actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis http://t.co/s1C402Wnuf, 46 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (97)
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as it did with ‘Grapes of Wrath’ and ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ (12)
- Annie Robbins: broadside ‘expose’ that our society has come to accept in other works like Michael Moore’s assorted...
- Hostage: At this point I’m more interested in the endgame of people like Abe Foxman. What’s their thinking?...
- Hostage: DaBakr here is what I read into Fallows piece on ‘Goliath’: to paraphrase, You obviously need to slow down...
- Defying Hillel rules, Swarthmore chapter invites anti-Zionists to come on in (17)
- Man of zeal? (6)
- Woody Tanaka: “But, but I thought that the suppose target of BDS should be Israeli institutions or officials...
- Shingo: I actually worked with Zak Snyder on some of his movies (300, Sucker Punch and Legend of the Guardians) and...
- Annie Robbins: there was a tad of a firestorm of response to this casting on twitter because apparently one...
Author Archives: Rob Browne
Obama is sure to offend Israel lobby with honors to Desmond Tutu and Mary Robinson
Wednesday evening begins Tisha B’Av, or the Ninth Day of the Hebrew Calender month of Av. This is the saddest day of the year in the Jewish religion. On this day, the First Temple was destroyed by the Babylonians in 586 B.C.E., and the Second Temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 C.E..
Many Jewish sages stated that the Temples were destroyed because of sinat hinam, or causeless hatred. Their lack of concern and compassion led to a destructive disunity among the Jewish people. So along with many other Jews, I will communally mourn tomorrow night to reflect on the tragic events of my people, as well as the tragedies that have occurred and continue to occur to all peoples.
The second reason I will mourn is more personal. On Sunday, my 18 year old cousin will leave American and move to Israel (make aliyah). After a three month stay at a kibbutz acclimating into her new nation, she will be joining the Israeli Defense Force (IDF). Continue reading
This week’s NY Jewish Week has a front page article describing the economic recession’s effect on the number of people making aliyah to Israel. A spokesperson for Nefesh B’ Nefesh, the main organization assisting Jewish people making aliyah, says that … Continue reading
Over at The Cable, Laura Rozen discusses the diplomatic plans for Robert Gates, George Mitchell, and James Jones in Israel next week, and gives some curious insight into the present U.S./Israel relationship.
The article discusses the possibility that President Obama may need to set a deadline in order to break the stalemate with the Israeli Government. According to earlier estimates, the President has about four weeks to get the peace process moving forward. He and his Administration have done an excellent job reaching out to all elements of the Status-Quo, Pro-Israel community. It is now time to for Obama to stop listening and start acting, otherwise these defenders of the status quo will continue to find new and destructive ways of playing out the clock. Continue reading