- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 3
- Man of zeal? 0
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 7
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in … 3
- Defying Hillel rules, Swarthmore chapter invites anti-Zionists to come on … 14
- Thousands mourn Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14, following ‘assassination’ by Israeli … 1
- Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial 8
- Butler: ASA boycott resolution pressures Israeli and US institutions supporting … 8
- US Senate voted overwhelmingly for sanctions to ‘wake up’ apartheid … 0
- Warpaint and terrorists 0
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 0
- Two months away from home 0
- On the death of Nelson Mandela: a dissenting opinion 0
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 0
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 0
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 126
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 91
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 84
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 62
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Very insightful comment at @mondoweiss on how Netanyahu's Israel has shaped the reception of Goliath in the US http://t.co/CrUCIGoCFv, 52 mins ago
- RT @MichaelD_Kaplan: Ethnic cleansing in Israel's South. What they don't tell about on Birthright Tours. Jewish establishment falls silent http://t.co/KpvLAISEL4, 1 hour ago
- RT @DanWilliams: South African Jews considered paying themselves for Israel's @Netanyahu to fly in for the Mandela memorial tomorrow - @Channel2News, 1 hour ago
- RT @DanWilliams: Israel's sending parliament speaker @YuliEdelstein as its delegate to the Mandela memorial - by private jet, as commercial flights are full., 1 hour ago
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with .@MaxBlumenthal’s book, as it did with ‘Grapes of Wrath’ http://t.co/k1nnuEfB8m, 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Defying Hillel rules, Swarthmore chapter invites anti-Zionists to come on in (14)
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis (3)
- Kathleen: Kerry went without saying the apartheid government of Israel is not far from the apartheid government of...
- Woody Tanaka: What a piece of work that Kerry is. Invoking Mandela and directing that invocation to “both...
- seafoid: If I were Kerry I would encourage Israelis to remember the boy who cried wolf. Maybe that could get through...
- NBC features Peres’s support for apartheid as Mandela ‘languished in damp prison’ (3)
- Hostage: McGreal once quizzed Peres about the relationship and Peres said Let bygones be bygones. There’s a...
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (91)
- Walid: Taxi, those 100,000 or so Syrian refugees from the Golan are now over 400,000. It’s no longer a secret...
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as it did with ‘Grapes of Wrath’ and ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ (7)
- pabelmont: Fallows wrote : ” Yet Blumenthal had an illustration of its odd effect. In its English version, the...
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical (84)
- Hostage: *Popular rather than legal understanding of the word. The ambiguity of the popular definition of apartheid...
Author Archives: Saint Louis Palestine Solidarity Committee
BDS campaign enters mainstream discourse as St. Louis mayoral candidates take sides over city Veolia contract
On January 16, 2013 a diverse group of 60 Palestinian rights organizers; environmental activists; workers; civil rights leaders; veterans; local business owners; students; members of the local Muslim, Christian, and Jewish communities; and other concerned citizens packed a meeting in the St. Louis City Hall to show opposition to a proposed city contract with Veolia Water. Two mayoral candidates on the 3-person board that considers public contracts took opposite sides over the contract, prompting the third member to call for a public hearing for testimonies from local citizens regarding Veolia.
On Wednesday, December 19 at a standing-room only meeting in the mayor’s office for the St. Louis City Board of Estimate & Apportionment, the Board declined to approve a city contract with Veolia Water, putting off the vote until there can be a full investigation into the company’s history. The decision came following an activist campaign highlighting the company’s involvement with ethnic discrimination in Palestine.