- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 1
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 9
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 0
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 4
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa … 32
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 54
- Passover Auto-Pilot 24
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli … 15
- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 0
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 0
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 114
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: So David Horowitz went on @seanhannity to accuse me of contributing to a "modern day Holocaust" in the US: http://t.co/Lct6UPyGIg, 3 mins ago
- .@allissoncd & @alexbkane report from the village of Iqrit where Palestinian youth have enacted the right of return http://t.co/qvUmCk7mI4, 16 mins ago
- Latest from the peace process: John Kerry & the Pope set to face off with Jewish Knight Templars on the Temple Mount http://t.co/Mewyzlpp4b, 25 mins ago
- RT @jmalsin: Relax, everyone. Hamas and Fatah agreed to "begin negotiations" to form a unity government. http://t.co/fWX6HZdeG7, 54 mins ago
- RT @stevesalaita: Sorry, Israel. Even the North Pole is practicing #BDS: http://t.co/B7AOemUZ9G, 58 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (9)
- lysias: Given Israel’s failure to get on board with the U.S.’s Ukraine policy, I think this is one case...
- amigo: “The second difference is that the Ukraine hoax has ignited an international furor, while Israel’s...
- lysias: I thought that the entity claiming separate existence in Donetsk called itself “Донетская Народная...
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with Jewish Knight Templars on the Temple Mount (1)
- Elliot: Since as long as I can remember Israelis have rallied around freeing Jewish prisoners. In the 70s it was...
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy crops (4)
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa Waiver Program (32)
- jenin: j–yes, I see the situation you described is exactly the same as my father being unable to enter the...
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have scoffed at– Bryan Burrough (36)
- David Doppler: Thanks, Lysias, I’ll put those on my reading list. I keep hoping some journalist or historian...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (54)
- Woody Tanaka: “Go read the Torah… Go read the Bible, and then come and tell us that it is “their...
- Bridgegate 2.0: Israeli tech students manipulate traffic patterns (21)
- Woody Tanaka: And for all the people talking about criminal behavior this was done with their advisor. Following...
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (9)
Author Archives: Susan Johnson
In NY harbor, Ahmet Dogan tells the wrenching story of the murder of his son, freedom rider Furkan Dogan
Wednesday evening, May 25 was the perfect evening for a boat trip….calm waters, a slight breeze, a star-filled sky, the twinkling lights of New York, excellent food, Jamaican music… Jamaican music? That’s hardly Middle Eastern, especially when your boat trip … Continue reading
We posted this video of children’s drawings a week ago, but it deserves a repeat performance: The new year has arrived, 2011. Please let it be better than 2008-2009-2020; let it be better for Gaza. For Gaza I wish a … Continue reading
Susan Johnson has failed to get into Gaza from Egypt. She is on her way home to Doylestown, Pa. This is her last dispatch from Cairo. And here I sit in my cheap little hotel, my last hours here…..In the … Continue reading
Mondoweiss correspondent Susan Johnson of Doylestown, Pa., has been stuck in Cairo, trying to get into Gaza, where two organizations have requested her services. Her latest report. Here I sit in my cheap little Cairo hotel…people coming and going, some … Continue reading
We’ve run a few posts from Susan Johnson, a Pennsylvania grandmother who was invited to Gaza by two groups and has not been able to get in. Her latest, from Cairo: I know it’s a Friday because there were Friday … Continue reading
……and here I sit in Cairo, in my cheap little hotel. It’s getting scary, when I return from embassy visits, wandering around my neighborhood, a trip to the bakery…I run, well quickly walk, up the steps, hop on the little … Continue reading
Susan Johnson of Doylestown, PA, has been invited to Gaza by two organizations seeking her assistance. She’s still waiting in Egypt. …..and I continue to sit in Cairo, in the heat, in my cheap hotel…which has proved to be a … Continue reading
Susan Johnson is a Doylestown, Pa., grandmother with two volunteer gigs in Gaza waiting for her. She’s written about her big trip earlier this summer. And here I sit in Cairo, exhausted and disappointed. I have been denied entrance to … Continue reading
Traveling to Gaza is a frustrating process. I’m trying to get things right before I leave in two weeks, but tracking down the official rules and regulations is not easy matter. If I had a dollar for every minute I’ve … Continue reading
The night before my group departed from Gaza in June 2009, I talked about not being ready to leave. And I wasn’t. It took me another two months after I got back to pull out of my "Gaza Haze" and … Continue reading
Susan Johnson just completed a roadtrip through Illinois and Iowa talking about Gaza. Some more of her notes: Des Moines. People were very concerned about condition of children, especially children’s trauma. Wanted to know what was and could be done … Continue reading
My Gaza talk Thursday night was in the Des Moines Valley Friends Meeting, with 30-40 people. Some in the audience had been to Gaza in the late 90′s and also to the West Bank. They were better informed about issue … Continue reading
I told my congressman, ‘keep the child’s picture in your desk and look at it the next time there’s a vote on Gaza’
Susan Johnson blogs under the name above. She visited Gaza last May-June and was finally able to get a meeting with her congressman, a PA Democrat who was not present for the recent vote condemning the Goldstone Report. Johnson wishes … Continue reading