- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 11
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 18
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 2
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 21
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 22
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 4
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 45
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 56
- Passover for Palestine 0
- China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 0
- You know Israel’s in trouble when ‘NYT’ runs op-ed saying … 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 182
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 5 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 7 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 7 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 8 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 8 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (45)
- Zofia: From the article “Gethsemane Olive Trees Among World’s Oldest”: Two famous olive trees often lay...
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (18)
- RudyM: I don’t know. Hillary seems pretty defeatable in general. I think the Democrats will be making a...
- lysias: The tech companies are upset by what the NSA has been doing, at least now that it has become public. It hits...
- Daniel Rich: @ Annie Robbins, Having a female POTUS is long overdue, but not Hillary. Not another Clingon Clinton in...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (22)
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (11)
- Daniel Rich: @ Shmuel, Q: Becoming Pharaoh is not freedom. R: Masterclass phrasing. Hat in hand. Sublime.
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (21)
- Resurrecting Passover? (29)
- adele: Unfortunately no religion does Walid. Case in point, the history of Christianity. Brutal stuff all around....
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (45)
Author Archives: Terri Ginsberg
A report from a New York City Community Board 4 meeting where protests against the Cornell-Technion partnership were called anti-semites by a board member.
The Committee for Open Discussion of Zionism has invited Mayor Bill de Blasio to visit Palestine and witness conditions there, in the wake of his telling the American Israel Public Affairs Committee that “part of my job description” is to defend Israel
This is what an academic boycott looks like: Two new campaigns target conferences hosted by Israeli universities
Two campaigns—a boycott of a Hebrew University Oral History Conference and a boycott of a Tel Aviv University Film/Media/Communication Studies Conference—need additional support from international scholars in any and all disciplines, to fulfill their potential to challenge Israeli policy.
‘New Yorkers Against the Cornell-Technion Partnership’ oppose Technion’s role in U.S. militarization and domestic spying
A paper authored by Anna Calcutt and presented by her on behalf of New Yorkers Against the Cornell-Technion Partnership (NYACT) at Judson Memorial Church on October 23, 2013 as part of a panel discussion hosted by NYACT, entitled “Militarization, Domestic Spying, and the Boycott of Israel.”
Fouzi El-Asmar, author of the classic To Be an Arab in Israel, will be remembered at a memorial this Sunday in Potomac, MD
Riham Barghouti and David Swanson will join Ann Calcutt of the NY coalition against the Cornell Technion partnership and Fahd Ahmed of DRUM for a panel at the Judson Church in NY next Wednesday
Three residents of the region explore social relations in Israel/Palestine, focusing on media, anti-Arab prejudice, and Palestinian organizing. Led by scholar Terri Ginsberg
Although its propaganda function is more difficult to detect than that of, say, the comparatively straightforward The Gatekeepers, Hannah Arendt is undeniably a product of hasbara that is non-threatening to the Israeli state.
Abdeen Jabara in ’76: “In the examination of any society, one must distinguish between discrimination as it exists between individual citizens or private parties, on the one hand, and discrimination as a part of public policy or state action, discrimination contained not just in the way the laws are applied but in the terms of the law itself…. The goal of constructing and maintaining a Jewish state made the ‘national’ discrimination a necessary part of the state itself”
Google CEO Schmidt calls for regulating drones while Google collaborates with Technion, Israel’s major drones research and development institute.
‘The tide of public opinion is turning’ — Committee for Open Discussion of Zionism commends Brooklyn College
CODZ commends Brooklyn College for upholding academic freedom after Dershowitz calls for withdrawal of departmental sponsorship of BDS event.
Jazz guitarist and pianist Stanley Jordan has cancelled an appearance at an Israel festival, in recognition that the festival supports and masks apartheid
In light of news that Cornell University has engaged in a joint bid with Israel’s Technion Israel Institute of Technology to build a campus of applied science and technology on New York’s Roosevelt Island, we, the students and volunteers … Continue reading
Overwhelming US support for onslaught was given in prejudicial disregard of Palestinian perspective — Scholars
U.S. government support for Operation Pillar of Defense was offered brazenly and prejudicially, in blatant disregard for Palestinian perspectives and experiences
Update: Israeli Ministry of Ed teacher is moderator of scholars’ listserv on anti-Semitism (with predictable results)
Yo Menashe works at the Israeli ministry of education and as moderator for a major scholars’ listserv on the social sciences. She believes that anti-Zionism equals anti-Semitism, and she enforces that idea on the listserv
Norton Mezvinsky, an anti-Zionist, will join up with the Council for the National Interest this week to stage a program about Christian Zionism and Islamophobia
It is dangerous for US and Israel to blame religion for actions taken by Muslims and Arabs — El-Asmar
The US must address underlying causes of rage against it in Muslim countries, including its blind support for Israel, rather than ascribe hostile actions to Islam