- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall … 4
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 1
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, … 0
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox … 1
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture … 8
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature … 2
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable 2
- ‘Al Jazeera’ reposts Massad piece, after censoring it 0
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2239
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1691
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 1368
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1339
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 950
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 89
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 86
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 75
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- RT @drones: Attorney General Eric Holder: We've drone four Americans, three by accident. Oops. http://t.co/R5NrBGPJfQ, 1 hour ago
- RT @grassfed: MT“@BPFF_Festival: #Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, receives 5 min standing O at #Cannes: http://t.co/xvCDQDwuDP” …, 5 hours ago
- ‘Forward’piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers http://t.co/a8nvXYynM6, 6 hours ago
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit http://t.co/vNUagVufkS, 6 hours ago
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, Sarah Shourd http://t.co/C1C7G1DXJ6, 6 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Exile and the Prophetic: My name is the Church of Scotland and I am a recovering….. (1)
- Ira Glunts: Marc, Your Mondoweiss post is quoted in the revised edition of “The Inheritance of Abraham”...
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture because it doesn’t focus on Israel or the Holocaust (8)
- Shmuel: Every period and its pluralism – Modernity included. I think the historical diversity of Judaism...
- Stephen Shenfield: One of the main psychological resources at the disposal of the Zionists is the desire of many...
- German Lefty: Wow, I’m speechless. That’s just sad. For once, there’s an organisation that focuses...
- Exile and the Prophetic: My Father’s death (15)
- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall is not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers (4)
- Hostage: As to Israel’s right to take property by eminent domain, no-one seems to recognize the (possible, likely,...
- pabelmont: As to Israel’s right to take property by eminent domain, no-one seems to recognize the (possible,...
- Woody Tanaka: Those responses to the injustice caused to others are just the “fairness, decency, justice,...
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (17)
- Woody Tanaka: “How does this pandering play among his audience?” I, for one, find myself hard pressed to...
- Exile and the Prophetic: My name is the Church of Scotland and I am a recovering….. (1)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Udi Aloni
Almost two years have passed since the murder. Two of Juliano’s brilliant and brave students, Mariam Abu Khaled and Batoul Taleb, stand together with Juliano’s talented 12-year-old daughter, Milay. We receive a prestigious award at the Berlin International Film Festival for the film we made together, Art/Violence. The film is dedicated to Jul, and his spirit guides it from start to finish. Art/Violence is not about the life and work of Jul, nor is it a realist documentary about these three young women whose lives he forever changed (that film remains to be made, when the time is ripe). Instead, our film is the story, told through art and literature, of how the wild, artistic and political spirit of Jul –our teacher, father and friend– matured and developed in the souls of these three women, who continue and shape his path as young artists.
Udi Aloni encorages the Israeli left to move from the particular to the universal when engaged in political struggle. If they don’t, Palestinians and other oppressed groups will constantly be left out.
There has been a flood of new laws, practices and rules of apartheid in Israel. Sometimes many of us feel paralyzed because of the racist manifestations in the judiciary, legislature and executive and don’t know where to start fighting. Yet … Continue reading
. . . and what’s his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, heal’d … Continue reading
The angel in the poster on the right is from the Christian/ Muslim cemetery in Jaffa that was desecrated last week by Israeli Jews The text below is from the book What Does A Jew Want? and from my film, Local Angel which Columbia University … Continue reading
There is a popular belief that a philosopher’s aim is to seek universal truth in a world of competing narratives. As early as the time of Socrates, Western culture viewed the figure of the Sophist, a “philosopher for hire,” as … Continue reading
If we were to put our finger on the essence of the Palestinian popular struggle and summarize it, we could call it “a struggle for a home.” No one who has revolutionary blood flooding in her veins can stay oblivious … Continue reading
When MK Ahmad Tibi proposed a bill in the Knesset outlawing the denial of the Nakba, and in support of promoting Palestinian equality and a sense of collective and individual belonging, based on my March 28 post, I was filled … Continue reading
Juliano was born on Nakbah Day and murdered on the anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. Forty days have passed since the murder of Juliano Mer Khamis. Juliano –freedom fighter, cultural hero, actor, director, clown, teacher, husband, … Continue reading
Praise the youth This article is dedicated to the Huthwa group, ‘huthwa’ meaning a step or a stair in Arabic. Huthwa is a volunteer citizen organization, started by the finest of Ramle and Lydda/Lod’s young people, who have done well … Continue reading
With Palestinian novice actors, Juliano Mer Khamis has created a celebration unprecedented in the history of the Jenin refugee camp. One of the actors told me that theater taught him that art could be part of the struggle against the … Continue reading
On a frosty New York weekend afternoon we demonstrated together across at the United Nations building, side by side: Palestinians, Jewish Israelis, Egyptians, Tunisians, and other young people from the Mediterranean region, in fraternity with the forces of freedom arising … Continue reading
Now it is evident based upon the “Palestine Paper” leaks from The Guardian that the government of Israel never intended for a peace. It is now time for the Zionist left to repent for their collaboration with the on-going occupation. Indeed, we … Continue reading
Genocide.co.il I am worried that the 2010 Rabbis’ letter is just the beginning for a much more severe racism wave. An article published at a weekly religious Zionist publication, which mentioned death camps for “Amalek,” makes me fear even more. Amalek, a … Continue reading
Photos from ActiveStills. Account by Noam Lekach, an Israeli citizen: Dozens of American, Palestinian and Israeli activists gathered today (Friday) in front of the Israeli Consulate in Boston to commemorate the death of Jawaher Abu Rahma, a Bil’in resident who … Continue reading
As fifty children lose their homes under the auspices of the Supreme Court the question should be asked: Does the Supreme Court act in the service of a racist ideology in the spirit of Rabbi Eliyahu and his cohorts? One … Continue reading
Oh, Weakness On the way from Brooklyn to Jenin I stopped for a bit of a rest in Tel Aviv and saw that the community of creative artists was still in an uproar around the Ariel Culture Hall issue. I … Continue reading
After very nearly liberating Palestine at the Church of St. Paul and creating worldwide brotherhood and peace between the three religions, we invited Mustafa and Miriam over to brunch on our Brooklyn porch, to discuss why and whether the word … Continue reading
America, America How odd are the leaders Jewish right-wing in the United States. On the one hand, they raise six million dollars to finance a PR war over Jews like me, members of Jewish Voice for Peace. This is an … Continue reading
Jenin State of Emergency: Subject I finished off my last post with a heartfelt cry to the residents of the Occupation Matrix to help Mustafa get to New York, for a film festival which could dramatically promote him, and help … Continue reading
Abraham went up from Beer-sheva to Moriah three days binding and unbinding his son in his mind three days butchering and weeping we are still bound and unbound who are they weeping and butchering who are they laughing and butchering … Continue reading