- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 23
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 3
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 22
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 23
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 6
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 45
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 62
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 184
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 11 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 13 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 13 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 14 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 14 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (6)
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (23)
- Bandolero: piotr I completely agree with you. And I would even go further: the Republicans have with Rand Paul a...
- piotr: I spent some money to support “anyone but Hillary” (I am not a tycoon, so it is merely a record...
- piotr: “It should be exciting to see a politician who stands up in public and takes on the lobby.” This...
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation (3)
- tokyobk: He gave me the creeps too, the way he chewed on his pencil, though he did pick an important fight with the...
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (13)
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (23)
- ritzl: @Stephen Shenfield- Great point. And you have to ask who the dueling accusers are trying to influence to get...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (22)
- Hostage: New York, New York. Are you alluding to Sullivan’s timing or are you pleased to be there? Yes, I was...
Author Archives: Udi Aloni
Udi Aloni writes, “Binationalism is not a new idea dreamed up by some fringe philosopher or other. It is the reality that we still refuse to recognize. Now, after one hundred years of conflict, with no solution in sight, the time has come to present binationalism in all its glory.” This post is part of “What Comes Next?: A forum on the end of the two-state paradigm.”
Almost two years have passed since the murder. Two of Juliano’s brilliant and brave students, Mariam Abu Khaled and Batoul Taleb, stand together with Juliano’s talented 12-year-old daughter, Milay. We receive a prestigious award at the Berlin International Film Festival for the film we made together, Art/Violence. The film is dedicated to Jul, and his spirit guides it from start to finish. Art/Violence is not about the life and work of Jul, nor is it a realist documentary about these three young women whose lives he forever changed (that film remains to be made, when the time is ripe). Instead, our film is the story, told through art and literature, of how the wild, artistic and political spirit of Jul –our teacher, father and friend– matured and developed in the souls of these three women, who continue and shape his path as young artists.
Udi Aloni encorages the Israeli left to move from the particular to the universal when engaged in political struggle. If they don’t, Palestinians and other oppressed groups will constantly be left out.
There has been a flood of new laws, practices and rules of apartheid in Israel. Sometimes many of us feel paralyzed because of the racist manifestations in the judiciary, legislature and executive and don’t know where to start fighting. Yet … Continue reading
. . . and what’s his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, heal’d … Continue reading
The angel in the poster on the right is from the Christian/ Muslim cemetery in Jaffa that was desecrated last week by Israeli Jews The text below is from the book What Does A Jew Want? and from my film, Local Angel which Columbia University … Continue reading
There is a popular belief that a philosopher’s aim is to seek universal truth in a world of competing narratives. As early as the time of Socrates, Western culture viewed the figure of the Sophist, a “philosopher for hire,” as … Continue reading
If we were to put our finger on the essence of the Palestinian popular struggle and summarize it, we could call it “a struggle for a home.” No one who has revolutionary blood flooding in her veins can stay oblivious … Continue reading
When MK Ahmad Tibi proposed a bill in the Knesset outlawing the denial of the Nakba, and in support of promoting Palestinian equality and a sense of collective and individual belonging, based on my March 28 post, I was filled … Continue reading
Juliano was born on Nakbah Day and murdered on the anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. Forty days have passed since the murder of Juliano Mer Khamis. Juliano –freedom fighter, cultural hero, actor, director, clown, teacher, husband, … Continue reading
Praise the youth This article is dedicated to the Huthwa group, ‘huthwa‘ meaning a step or a stair in Arabic. Huthwa is a volunteer citizen organization, started by the finest of Ramle and Lydda/Lod’s young people, who have done well … Continue reading
With Palestinian novice actors, Juliano Mer Khamis has created a celebration unprecedented in the history of the Jenin refugee camp. One of the actors told me that theater taught him that art could be part of the struggle against the … Continue reading
On a frosty New York weekend afternoon we demonstrated together across at the United Nations building, side by side: Palestinians, Jewish Israelis, Egyptians, Tunisians, and other young people from the Mediterranean region, in fraternity with the forces of freedom arising … Continue reading
Now it is evident based upon the “Palestine Paper” leaks from The Guardian that the government of Israel never intended for a peace. It is now time for the Zionist left to repent for their collaboration with the on-going occupation. Indeed, we … Continue reading
Genocide.co.il I am worried that the 2010 Rabbis’ letter is just the beginning for a much more severe racism wave. An article published at a weekly religious Zionist publication, which mentioned death camps for “Amalek,” makes me fear even more. Amalek, a … Continue reading
Photos from ActiveStills. Account by Noam Lekach, an Israeli citizen: Dozens of American, Palestinian and Israeli activists gathered today (Friday) in front of the Israeli Consulate in Boston to commemorate the death of Jawaher Abu Rahma, a Bil’in resident who … Continue reading
As fifty children lose their homes under the auspices of the Supreme Court the question should be asked: Does the Supreme Court act in the service of a racist ideology in the spirit of Rabbi Eliyahu and his cohorts? One … Continue reading
Oh, Weakness On the way from Brooklyn to Jenin I stopped for a bit of a rest in Tel Aviv and saw that the community of creative artists was still in an uproar around the Ariel Culture Hall issue. I … Continue reading
After very nearly liberating Palestine at the Church of St. Paul and creating worldwide brotherhood and peace between the three religions, we invited Mustafa and Miriam over to brunch on our Brooklyn porch, to discuss why and whether the word … Continue reading
America, America How odd are the leaders Jewish right-wing in the United States. On the one hand, they raise six million dollars to finance a PR war over Jews like me, members of Jewish Voice for Peace. This is an … Continue reading
Jenin State of Emergency: Subject I finished off my last post with a heartfelt cry to the residents of the Occupation Matrix to help Mustafa get to New York, for a film festival which could dramatically promote him, and help … Continue reading
Abraham went up from Beer-sheva to Moriah three days binding and unbinding his son in his mind three days butchering and weeping we are still bound and unbound who are they weeping and butchering who are they laughing and butchering … Continue reading