- Jenin refugee camp hit by wave of Israeli raids and … 11
- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ … 24
- Tony Blair’s Middle East speech: dangerous and anti-Muslim 22
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties … 18
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) 54
- From McMecca to McJerusalem 2
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 61
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 81
- Bridgegate 2.0: Israeli tech students manipulate traffic patterns 0
- Father of photographer critically wounded at West Bank protest: ‘This … 0
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have … 0
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli … 0
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 0
- Passover Auto-Pilot 0
- ‘NYT’ photo feature on women in Gaza ignores Israel and … 0
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 82
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @alexbkane: DAM in Ramallah http://t.co/MIRu1HwO0T, 8 hours ago
- Rashid Khalidi sees John Kerry’s failure strengthening the call for boycott, divestment and sanctions http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW #BDS, 10 hours ago
- Rashid Khalidi says US opposition to reunification of Palestinian parties exposes the “farce” of the peace process http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW, 10 hours ago
- Khalidi: It's time for Palestinians 'to get off their knees' and turn to Europe and ICC http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW http://t.co/UkS8SEPdaq, 10 hours ago
- Report: Starbucks to buy 10% stake in SodaStream http://t.co/gffMLICMkv, 10 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) (54)
- brenda: yes, very good point, thanks for bringing it up. I noticed during an earlier press conference on I-P how...
- Hostage: Those who speak about a two state solution should refer to the Geneva Accord of 2003 or the Clinton...
- talknic: @ yonah fredman How about Israel stop breaking the Law and UN Charter, withdraw from ALL non-Israeli...
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized ‘universalists’ (81)
- yonah fredman: Hostage- You asserted that Pollard has broad support from the Jewish community. Are you asserting...
- Hostage: But who knows what Jonathan Pollard achieved? I know here at Mondoweiss you know it all, but there is not a...
- yonah fredman: As far as approval for subterfuge of Milchan because it achieved nuclear capabilities for Israel,...
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties to Israeli settlements (18)
- talknic: BrianEsker “One of Canaan Fair Trade’s biggest customers for ALMONDS, Ben and Jerry’s ice-cream,...
- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ and turn to Europe and ICC (24)
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (57)
- Sumud: Netanyahu and Jodie Rudoren are promoting the ‘kill all jews’ meme by attributing it to Hamas,...
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) (54)
Author Archives: Udi Aloni
Udi Aloni writes, “Binationalism is not a new idea dreamed up by some fringe philosopher or other. It is the reality that we still refuse to recognize. Now, after one hundred years of conflict, with no solution in sight, the time has come to present binationalism in all its glory.” This post is part of “What Comes Next?: A forum on the end of the two-state paradigm.”
Almost two years have passed since the murder. Two of Juliano’s brilliant and brave students, Mariam Abu Khaled and Batoul Taleb, stand together with Juliano’s talented 12-year-old daughter, Milay. We receive a prestigious award at the Berlin International Film Festival for the film we made together, Art/Violence. The film is dedicated to Jul, and his spirit guides it from start to finish. Art/Violence is not about the life and work of Jul, nor is it a realist documentary about these three young women whose lives he forever changed (that film remains to be made, when the time is ripe). Instead, our film is the story, told through art and literature, of how the wild, artistic and political spirit of Jul –our teacher, father and friend– matured and developed in the souls of these three women, who continue and shape his path as young artists.
Udi Aloni encorages the Israeli left to move from the particular to the universal when engaged in political struggle. If they don’t, Palestinians and other oppressed groups will constantly be left out.
There has been a flood of new laws, practices and rules of apartheid in Israel. Sometimes many of us feel paralyzed because of the racist manifestations in the judiciary, legislature and executive and don’t know where to start fighting. Yet … Continue reading
. . . and what’s his reason? I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, heal’d … Continue reading
The angel in the poster on the right is from the Christian/ Muslim cemetery in Jaffa that was desecrated last week by Israeli Jews The text below is from the book What Does A Jew Want? and from my film, Local Angel which Columbia University … Continue reading
There is a popular belief that a philosopher’s aim is to seek universal truth in a world of competing narratives. As early as the time of Socrates, Western culture viewed the figure of the Sophist, a “philosopher for hire,” as … Continue reading
If we were to put our finger on the essence of the Palestinian popular struggle and summarize it, we could call it “a struggle for a home.” No one who has revolutionary blood flooding in her veins can stay oblivious … Continue reading
When MK Ahmad Tibi proposed a bill in the Knesset outlawing the denial of the Nakba, and in support of promoting Palestinian equality and a sense of collective and individual belonging, based on my March 28 post, I was filled … Continue reading
Juliano was born on Nakbah Day and murdered on the anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. Forty days have passed since the murder of Juliano Mer Khamis. Juliano –freedom fighter, cultural hero, actor, director, clown, teacher, husband, … Continue reading
Praise the youth This article is dedicated to the Huthwa group, ‘huthwa‘ meaning a step or a stair in Arabic. Huthwa is a volunteer citizen organization, started by the finest of Ramle and Lydda/Lod’s young people, who have done well … Continue reading
With Palestinian novice actors, Juliano Mer Khamis has created a celebration unprecedented in the history of the Jenin refugee camp. One of the actors told me that theater taught him that art could be part of the struggle against the … Continue reading
On a frosty New York weekend afternoon we demonstrated together across at the United Nations building, side by side: Palestinians, Jewish Israelis, Egyptians, Tunisians, and other young people from the Mediterranean region, in fraternity with the forces of freedom arising … Continue reading
Now it is evident based upon the “Palestine Paper” leaks from The Guardian that the government of Israel never intended for a peace. It is now time for the Zionist left to repent for their collaboration with the on-going occupation. Indeed, we … Continue reading
Genocide.co.il I am worried that the 2010 Rabbis’ letter is just the beginning for a much more severe racism wave. An article published at a weekly religious Zionist publication, which mentioned death camps for “Amalek,” makes me fear even more. Amalek, a … Continue reading
Photos from ActiveStills. Account by Noam Lekach, an Israeli citizen: Dozens of American, Palestinian and Israeli activists gathered today (Friday) in front of the Israeli Consulate in Boston to commemorate the death of Jawaher Abu Rahma, a Bil’in resident who … Continue reading
As fifty children lose their homes under the auspices of the Supreme Court the question should be asked: Does the Supreme Court act in the service of a racist ideology in the spirit of Rabbi Eliyahu and his cohorts? One … Continue reading
Oh, Weakness On the way from Brooklyn to Jenin I stopped for a bit of a rest in Tel Aviv and saw that the community of creative artists was still in an uproar around the Ariel Culture Hall issue. I … Continue reading
After very nearly liberating Palestine at the Church of St. Paul and creating worldwide brotherhood and peace between the three religions, we invited Mustafa and Miriam over to brunch on our Brooklyn porch, to discuss why and whether the word … Continue reading
America, America How odd are the leaders Jewish right-wing in the United States. On the one hand, they raise six million dollars to finance a PR war over Jews like me, members of Jewish Voice for Peace. This is an … Continue reading
Jenin State of Emergency: Subject I finished off my last post with a heartfelt cry to the residents of the Occupation Matrix to help Mustafa get to New York, for a film festival which could dramatically promote him, and help … Continue reading
Abraham went up from Beer-sheva to Moriah three days binding and unbinding his son in his mind three days butchering and weeping we are still bound and unbound who are they weeping and butchering who are they laughing and butchering … Continue reading