- On ‘Death to Arabs’ in Jerusalem & Tel Aviv 0
- 9 Reasons why Israel is under rocket attack 1
- It’s time for liberal Jewish bodies to take a stand 8
- Critical Ethnic Studies Association and the African Literature Association endorse … 1
- Palestinians build tunnel to attack Israeli kindergarten, Netanyahu says 11
- Speaking to the Deaf: Activists attempt to talk with the … 0
- ‘Heartbreaking’ is U.S. government’s talking point for Gaza massacre 52
- ‘We know that Israel has no red line when it … 8
- In Photos: Activists clash with Israeli and Palestinian Authority forces … 0
- Hamas wants to pile up ‘telegenically-dead Palestinians for their cause’ … 0
- Kristof says Stephen Hawking and American Studies Association support Hamas 0
- Video: ‘It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation’ — John … 0
- This Jew can’t support Israel 0
- Gaza, a poem 0
- ‘Washington Post’ exhibits naked double standard in Israeli, Palestinian deaths … 0
- Look at Netanyahu’s ‘evidence’ that civilians are harboring rockets in … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 234
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 216
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 130
- Video: A beautiful brother went looking for his family in the death zone (Updated) http://t.co/RrgiLke0la, 2 mins ago
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship http://t.co/6w2izwg2h7, 19 mins ago
- You are not Alone: To Palestinians on July 20, 2014 http://t.co/pd28sZn72i, 19 mins ago
- Here are other similar recent posts: Fascists wanted to murder us http://t.co/rQQoNe16hj & 'Are U a fucking leftist?' http://t.co/jvSn8hxk3v, 20 mins ago
- Here is our latest post on Israeli society's descent into fascism. We receive multiple submissions like this daily http://t.co/lzzKvB4Qjz, 23 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Category Archives: 2010 Mondo Awards Entries
Annual call for essays that inspire people with hopeful answers to Middle East conflict
This morning we’re rolling out two more Mondo Awards for inspiring work published over the new year 2 months back. Today we feature two young writers from Gaza who wrote for our Gaza series, Gaza Two Years Later. Rawan Yaghi’s … Continue reading
Entry 34 in the Mondo Awards end-of-the-year Inspire-us contest is a nomination of George Khoury, board member of Sabeel. Palestinian Christian George Khoury said he has gone through a “hell of a history.” When he was 6 years old, he … Continue reading
Entry 33 in the Mondo Awards end-of-the-year Inspire-us contest is a poem by a regular commenter at this site, yourstruly. where and when did it begin? on the plains of east africa in the middle pleistocene? or was it only … Continue reading
Entry 32 in the Mondo Awards end-of-the-year Inspire-us contest is a play. We have included some of the author’s stage directions and notes to self. CAST OF 6….ALL GAZANS GRANDMOTHER….AGE UNDETERMEND….70? ABDUL…AGE 40 WIFE OF ABDUL..AGE 40
Entry 31 in the Mondo Awards end-of-the-year Inspire-us contest is a nomination of Furkan Dogan, an American-Turkish citizen killed on the Mavi Marmara on Mary 31, 2010. The author, who lives in Turkey, wishes to use only his first name. … Continue reading
Entry 30 in the Mondo Awards end-of-the-year Inspire-us contest is a nomination of Hanin Zoabi, a member of the Israeli Knesset. Hanin Zoabi braved the waters of Gaza and of the Knesset.
Entry 29 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest was read aloud by the author (left) at the celebration of International Day of Peace on September 21, 2010 at the Peace and Social Justice Center of South Central Kansas (photo … Continue reading
Entry 28 in the Mondo Awardsend-of-year Inspire-us contest is the nomination by Hazel Kahan of Aya Kaniuk and Tamar Goldschmidt: I must bring to your attention Aya and Tamar, the two brave, stalwart, indefatigable Israeli women of Mahsanmilim who report … Continue reading
This is Entry 27 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. The author gives her bio at the bottom. Just because I cannot keep My child away From the battlefield Outside our door
This is Entry 26 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. The author also wrote our first Entry. Gaza-ing through the bullet-lit sky I wonder why I ignored the cries from this place Where my feet now stand Where even … Continue reading
This is Entry 25 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. R. Vilkomerson has worked steadily to bring BDS to life
This is Entry 24 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. According to the Israeli chief rabbinate, a Jew is a person known to be a Jew. They apply the reasoning that errs on the side of “putting a fence … Continue reading
This is Entry 23 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. The author nominates several: Mustafa Barghouti for his secularism, common sense and for standing up for ordinary Palestinians. Because he knows what is right and that his people deserve … Continue reading
This is Entry 22 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. The author is secretary of Americans AGAINST Apartheid UK We would like to nominate our personal hero, Deborah Fink, a UK activist (as well as a talented soprano and … Continue reading
This is Entry 21 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. The writer says that he wrote this letter last June 17, 2010, and circulated it widely. A public response to New York Times columnist Roger Cohen On June tenth, … Continue reading
This is Entry 20 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. In 1994 a man wrote me asking if I was a Jew. My answer was, I do not adhere to the Judaic religion, observe Jewish rituals or live in … Continue reading
This is Entry 19 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. The writer has asked to use only one name. I live in the US now, a country I threw my lot with well over 30 years ago. Though I … Continue reading
This is Entry 18 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. When I was a freshman in high school, I decided it would be a good idea to start an argument with Israel’s ambassador to Korea. For some reason, when … Continue reading
This is Entry 17 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. Over thirty years ago Art and Peggy Gish started standing in the front of the Athens Ohio County Court House on every Monday. They began this tradition with a … Continue reading
This is Entry 16 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. On the last day of my recent trip to Israel/Palestine, the question I dreaded most finally came and I think I was finally ready to engage it. “What exactly … Continue reading
This is Entry 15 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. Taxi is a pseudonym for a regular commenter on this site. Perhaps it is time to confess I really am a female despite my use of the blogname … Continue reading
This is Entry 14 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. It is a nomination of five young Jews who heckled Netanyahu last month. Monday morning, November 8, 2010. I turned on my computer and checked my email. A message … Continue reading
This is Entry 13 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. Rick Burgess first posted this piece on his site on the day of the flotilla attack last spring. This is the article I am sick of reading. This is … Continue reading
This is Entry 12 in the Mondo Awards end-of-year Inspire-us contest. A regular commenter at this site, occupyresist, asks that we preserve her anonymity, and she nominates scholar-author Norman G. Finkelstein. I was wrapping up a degree in Chicago. My … Continue reading