- The threat of sanctions worked against Israel in 1956 — … 3
- Remnick gets the timeline wrong 3
- ‘Israel today, Israel tomorrow, Israel forever,’ Rep. Hakeem Jeffries says … 24
- ‘Children killed in their sleep’: Israeli artillery fire hits UN … 31
- Gaza protests across West Bank are suppressed by skunk water, … 2
- Video: Mark Regev, deciphered 21
- More voices describe Gaza slaughter as a ‘genocide’ 13
- Over a hundred people join Norman Finkelstein for civil disobedience … 2
- The killing fields 0
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 0
- As in Vietnam and South Africa, Gazan masses are willing … 0
- Oren’s charge that networks showcase Palestinian dead at behest of … 0
- Raising money for Israelis being bombed in hospitals and schools, … 0
- Fox’s Hannity abuses Yousef Munayyer, says he has a ‘thick … 0
- Pro-Israel Facebook page is titled, ‘Death to Dianna Buttu’ 0
- Survivors of massacre in Khuza’a say Israeli forces used Palestinians … 0
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 241
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- Video: If you voted for Hamas, Israel has a right … 234
- Kerry is off the Israel bandwagon 161
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 152
- Israeli embassy puts Mona Lisa in a hijab — ‘Israel … 151
- Claim that Hamas killed 3 teens is turning out to … 146
- RT @JareerKassis: As a child, I remember my parents shielding me from TV images of Sabra & Shatila. Today, I have to shield my own kids. #Gaza #Palestine, 11 mins ago
- RT @HalaGorani: More: US defense official tells CNN US is resupplying Israel w certain ammunition. Would come from weapons stockpile US keeps inside Israel, 31 mins ago
- RT @elgindy_: "I've seen dead children before, but never like during this war in Gaza. Never so many, never so often." http://t.co/PGX4v3SFcH, 1 hour ago
- RT @GabrielHelou: 129 Palestinians killed, over 400 injured since dawn #GazaUnderAttack #Palestine, 1 hour ago
- RT @ISMPalestine: #Gaza MOH: "Israeli attack on crowded market during ceasefire is ‘barbarity personified'" http://t.co/09v2Z3cLX7 http://t.co/Hi9zcT9i2N, 1 hour ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Remnick gets the timeline wrong (2)
- Mooser: “Nonsense. They did not “know” they had been killed.” Oh, give it up, Mondonut. Everybody at...
- The threat of sanctions worked against Israel in 1956 — and it can work again (3)
- ‘Children killed in their sleep’: Israeli artillery fire hits UN school, killing at least 20 (29)
- just: This is beyond cruel. Slaughtering innocents while they sleep. Has anyone had enough? I have. I have had...
- seafoid: It’s basically Jews with guns, Mooser And no gun control. 95% of them think the killing in Gaza is...
- Mooser: “Hatikva – the hope of the return to Zion” Gosh, when I hear Hatikvah, and think of Jews...
- ‘Israel today, Israel tomorrow, Israel forever,’ Rep. Hakeem Jeffries says at NY rally (21)
- Mooser: “Shot — allegedly — by Arthur Bremer” Wow, is there no justice? Bremer was jailed all that time...
- Take the right position on Israel and you can raise 1/4 million, Senate candidate is advised (10)
- Mooser: I always love the way they say “Jewish Community” as if the contributions are Temple-tested and...
- Mooser: Thanks, Annie, I was wondering about how Mondo was fairing technically. Glad the server-switch went smoothly.
- just: I’d suggest a dickey for the hickey, but good on you to be so fashionista- savvy!
- Remnick gets the timeline wrong (2)
Category Archives: Beyondoweiss
Please help us continue to cover breaking news from Israel/Palestine, and as a thank you get Ali Abunimah’s new book
Mondo is helping to change the conversation about Israel and Palestine, but we need help to do so. Please contribute; and for all those who give $30 or more, a special offer: Ali Abunimah’s new book, The Battle for Justice in Palestine.
Mondo readers noticed that the site was down for a couple hours this morning. For a good reason: we had to change servers due to growing traffic
It’s summer, and we have a wonderful gift for those who give $80 or more to our June fundraiser: a book of Palestinian cooking. Your choice, either Olives, Lemons & Za’atar: The Best Middle Eastern Home Cooking from Rawia Bishara, the owner of the legendary New York restaurant Tanoreen, or The Gaza Kitchen, an exciting compilation of Mediterranean specialties by Laila El-Haddad and Maggie Schmitt. We depend on readers for support, and again and again you have come through. Thank you!
Always looking for your Mondoweiss fix? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & our new and improved newsletter
Sign up for the new and improved Mondoweiss newsletter and follow Mondoweiss on Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you for another wonderful year of Mondoweiss. In what has become somewhat of a yearly tradition around these parts, here is a rundown of some of our site stats from the past year.
Ari Shavit says that progressive American Jews need Israel like “oxygen” so as not to assimilate. His is a culturally-conservative argument
Peter Kaplan, longtime New York editor, who among many other accomplishments launched the website Mondoweiss, died on Friday in NY, at 59.
Mondoweiss is now ramping up our presence on Facebook. We’re posting a lot more frequently and are looking to jumpstart conversation on our Facebook page in addition to the comments page on this site.
I was a phoebe, nothing more, Emily Dickinson wrote, and Justin Allen underlines the theme in a video saving a phoebe trapped in a garage
Carmen Soprano recognized what was happening to her life and to Meadow because of marriage to Tony but she simply was not able to give up the power she wielded in the community and the material goods.
Anthony Weiner thinks he can tough it out, like Bill Clinton. But if the Clinton scandals had come out when Clinton was running, he wouldn’t have become president.
A good guy won the Tour de France, which is an extreme sport with beautiful scenery and monuments to warfare, and dedicated to wealthy nations
We’ll be doing some routine maintenance on the site over the weekend and there may be sporadic moments when the site is down.
Prince Charles has mommy issues, and the Queen has a hard life. But that’s the job
A report on a Vuillard show on NPR highlights the importance of a Jewish elite in European cultural politics, and ours too
During the Euro Cup final between Spain and Italy yesterday, ESPN commentators said that they were hoping for a spectacular game to show off the greatness of soccer to an American audience– as opposed to the ugly final between Spain … Continue reading
Middle class kids are building postracial America
People say the Israel Palestine conflict is complicated. It’s not
Writer of The Social Network imposed a victimized narrative on Mark Zuckerberg, who’s anything but
Our ancestors got away with destroying old growth forests. South Americans today are held to a higher standard
Memorials to victims of the Holocaust are embedded in Hamburg street in front of house where the couple lived
‘I had arrived at the psychological role of mediator between the Jews and America, and among Americans themselves’ –Arthur Miller on his intermarriage in 1940
Sabbath dinner at the Eliezer Society at Yale turns into a heated discussion of Israel/Palestine
Auden wrote ‘by far’ the best book in 1945, but was denied the Pulitzer for alleged Communism and aloofness from WW II
Frankly political considerations guided the Pulitzer Prize award for poetry in 1945, at the end of the war
We read memoirs in order to judge the people who wrote them