- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 0
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 0
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 0
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 3
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 46
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 34
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 0
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- ‘There’s a lot of anti-Semitism out there’ — Johansson reviews … 93
- Right-wing Israeli official says Israel is the home of all Jews & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/IIJZkS5REa, 5 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 21 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 24 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 24 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, Apr 18
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians (3)
- Walid: Today, 2 fresh elements added to Marc’s Easter paralleling, the Sacrament of Penance and the...
- MHughes976: Marc is quoting Mr. Raushenbusch of Huffington Post and satirising the ‘Pastor Facebooks’...
- pabelmont: Jesus crucified by “the Jews”? By “The Jews”? Come on! But, of course, shorthand...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (41)
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (52)
- MHughes976: The reference to destruction because of the symbolic status of the thing destroyed seems quite...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (34)
- adele: Am I sponsoring slave work if I do order there? I stopped buying from amazon after I became aware of how...
- LeaNder: He may slip it in as part of the structure for the new Amazon “drone” program;-) That’s the problem I...
- Hostage: For whatever reason I seem to have this vague memory, that all correspondence for foreign media on the...
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (12)
- MHughes976: I would point out to Marc that the Tanakh covers 3-4,000 years, from Adam to Cyrus and beyond, so that...
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians (3)
Category Archives: Beyondoweiss
Always looking for your Mondoweiss fix? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & our new and improved newsletter
Sign up for the new and improved Mondoweiss newsletter and follow Mondoweiss on Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you for another wonderful year of Mondoweiss. In what has become somewhat of a yearly tradition around these parts, here is a rundown of some of our site stats from the past year.
Ari Shavit says that progressive American Jews need Israel like “oxygen” so as not to assimilate. His is a culturally-conservative argument
Peter Kaplan, longtime New York editor, who among many other accomplishments launched the website Mondoweiss, died on Friday in NY, at 59.
Mondoweiss is now ramping up our presence on Facebook. We’re posting a lot more frequently and are looking to jumpstart conversation on our Facebook page in addition to the comments page on this site.
I was a phoebe, nothing more, Emily Dickinson wrote, and Justin Allen underlines the theme in a video saving a phoebe trapped in a garage
Carmen Soprano recognized what was happening to her life and to Meadow because of marriage to Tony but she simply was not able to give up the power she wielded in the community and the material goods.
Anthony Weiner thinks he can tough it out, like Bill Clinton. But if the Clinton scandals had come out when Clinton was running, he wouldn’t have become president.
A good guy won the Tour de France, which is an extreme sport with beautiful scenery and monuments to warfare, and dedicated to wealthy nations
We’ll be doing some routine maintenance on the site over the weekend and there may be sporadic moments when the site is down.
Prince Charles has mommy issues, and the Queen has a hard life. But that’s the job
A report on a Vuillard show on NPR highlights the importance of a Jewish elite in European cultural politics, and ours too
During the Euro Cup final between Spain and Italy yesterday, ESPN commentators said that they were hoping for a spectacular game to show off the greatness of soccer to an American audience– as opposed to the ugly final between Spain … Continue reading
Middle class kids are building postracial America
People say the Israel Palestine conflict is complicated. It’s not
Writer of The Social Network imposed a victimized narrative on Mark Zuckerberg, who’s anything but
Our ancestors got away with destroying old growth forests. South Americans today are held to a higher standard
Memorials to victims of the Holocaust are embedded in Hamburg street in front of house where the couple lived
‘I had arrived at the psychological role of mediator between the Jews and America, and among Americans themselves’ –Arthur Miller on his intermarriage in 1940
Sabbath dinner at the Eliezer Society at Yale turns into a heated discussion of Israel/Palestine
Auden wrote ‘by far’ the best book in 1945, but was denied the Pulitzer for alleged Communism and aloofness from WW II
Frankly political considerations guided the Pulitzer Prize award for poetry in 1945, at the end of the war
We read memoirs in order to judge the people who wrote them
The Israel lobby colonized American Jewish spiritual identity, and consecrated it to nationalist myths half a world away, when our inspirations are American
Five rustic tales of an upstate N.Y. Jew touch on new social conditions
Here’s a mental health break going into 2012. Thanks again everyone for a great year and we’ll see you soon.