- Film Review — ‘Al Helm: Martin Luther King in Palestine’ 1
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial 1
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream 2
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 33
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 6
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 22
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 2
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 8
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 0
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 0
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 0
- Israel apologists attempted to discredit Mandela with false Israel apartheid … 0
- ‘The Israeli sniper shot my son as if he hunted … 0
- Thousands mourn Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14, following ‘assassination’ by Israeli … 0
- Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial 0
- Butler: ASA boycott resolution pressures Israeli and US institutions supporting … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 127
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 115
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 86
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Man of zeal? 71
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 69
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 65
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial http://t.co/3BmK05QVN9, 4 hours ago
- RT @aptly_engineerd: Israel approves detention without charges for African migrants http://t.co/5SUIhnyfpt via @reuters, 7 hours ago
- RT @elivalley: “'Anti-Zionists’ will not be permitted to speak using the Hillel name or under the Hillel roof.” - @eric_fingerhut http://t.co/yLjpfbZv3S, 7 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Ashrawi urges NBC to halt drama series set in East Jerusalem | Maan News Agency http://t.co/2dALLUUJjA, 8 hours ago
- RT @adanielroth: Billel? Hillel Cool? Hillel Zero? Crystal Hillel? Hillel St. Blues? #NewNamesForSwarthmoreHillel @alexbkane @Mondoweiss @simonerzim, 8 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela (22)
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (73)
- ToivoS: Here is my take on what Kerry is doing in Palestine. I think this is a case of linkage between the Iran...
- JeffB: @Hostage – I agree there is some desire for some level of symbolic actions against settlements in the...
- JeffB: @Hostage – Correction: Zionism isn’t a nationality. No it is a nationalism not a nationality....
- Man of zeal? (73)
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are hurting Obama on Iran deal (33)
Category Archives: Beyondoweiss
Peter Kaplan, longtime New York editor, who among many other accomplishments launched the website Mondoweiss, died on Friday in NY, at 59.
Mondoweiss is now ramping up our presence on Facebook. We’re posting a lot more frequently and are looking to jumpstart conversation on our Facebook page in addition to the comments page on this site.
I was a phoebe, nothing more, Emily Dickinson wrote, and Justin Allen underlines the theme in a video saving a phoebe trapped in a garage
Carmen Soprano recognized what was happening to her life and to Meadow because of marriage to Tony but she simply was not able to give up the power she wielded in the community and the material goods.
Anthony Weiner thinks he can tough it out, like Bill Clinton. But if the Clinton scandals had come out when Clinton was running, he wouldn’t have become president.
A good guy won the Tour de France, which is an extreme sport with beautiful scenery and monuments to warfare, and dedicated to wealthy nations
We’ll be doing some routine maintenance on the site over the weekend and there may be sporadic moments when the site is down.
Prince Charles has mommy issues, and the Queen has a hard life. But that’s the job
A report on a Vuillard show on NPR highlights the importance of a Jewish elite in European cultural politics, and ours too
During the Euro Cup final between Spain and Italy yesterday, ESPN commentators said that they were hoping for a spectacular game to show off the greatness of soccer to an American audience– as opposed to the ugly final between Spain … Continue reading
Middle class kids are building postracial America
People say the Israel Palestine conflict is complicated. It’s not
Writer of The Social Network imposed a victimized narrative on Mark Zuckerberg, who’s anything but
Our ancestors got away with destroying old growth forests. South Americans today are held to a higher standard
Memorials to victims of the Holocaust are embedded in Hamburg street in front of house where the couple lived
‘I had arrived at the psychological role of mediator between the Jews and America, and among Americans themselves’ –Arthur Miller on his intermarriage in 1940
Sabbath dinner at the Eliezer Society at Yale turns into a heated discussion of Israel/Palestine
Auden wrote ‘by far’ the best book in 1945, but was denied the Pulitzer for alleged Communism and aloofness from WW II
Frankly political considerations guided the Pulitzer Prize award for poetry in 1945, at the end of the war
We read memoirs in order to judge the people who wrote them
The Israel lobby colonized American Jewish spiritual identity, and consecrated it to nationalist myths half a world away, when our inspirations are American
Five rustic tales of an upstate N.Y. Jew touch on new social conditions
Here’s a mental health break going into 2012. Thanks again everyone for a great year and we’ll see you soon.
America’s philosemitism grew out of the gifts that Jewish culture brought to modern society.
We’ve had a Netflicks DVD of The Social Network hanging around the house for months. My wife watched it ages ago, by herself, but because I’m so dependent, I’ve been pressing her to watch it again, with me. Last night … Continue reading