- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 6
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 33
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 52
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 10
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 8
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Opponents of UCLA divestment ignore strong South African support for … 0
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 8 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 8 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 12 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 13 hours ago
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department 'midwives' democracy http://t.co/2nA5CBXhOc, 13 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (6)
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (52)
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (33)
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in D.C. (25)
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the ‘peace process’ (21)
- Ecru: Secretary of State was honest for 0.2 seconds (or ” .2 of a second” missing out the zero) Sorry...
- Mainstream press embraces Netanyahu’s speech as supporting Kerry initiative (52)
- Hostage: The Partition proposal was rejected and no independent Palestinians have had an opportunity to decide. FYI,...
Category Archives: Beyondoweiss
Thank you for another wonderful year of Mondoweiss. In what has become somewhat of a yearly tradition around these parts, here is a rundown of some of our site stats from the past year.
Ari Shavit says that progressive American Jews need Israel like “oxygen” so as not to assimilate. His is a culturally-conservative argument
Peter Kaplan, longtime New York editor, who among many other accomplishments launched the website Mondoweiss, died on Friday in NY, at 59.
Mondoweiss is now ramping up our presence on Facebook. We’re posting a lot more frequently and are looking to jumpstart conversation on our Facebook page in addition to the comments page on this site.
I was a phoebe, nothing more, Emily Dickinson wrote, and Justin Allen underlines the theme in a video saving a phoebe trapped in a garage
Carmen Soprano recognized what was happening to her life and to Meadow because of marriage to Tony but she simply was not able to give up the power she wielded in the community and the material goods.
Anthony Weiner thinks he can tough it out, like Bill Clinton. But if the Clinton scandals had come out when Clinton was running, he wouldn’t have become president.
A good guy won the Tour de France, which is an extreme sport with beautiful scenery and monuments to warfare, and dedicated to wealthy nations
We’ll be doing some routine maintenance on the site over the weekend and there may be sporadic moments when the site is down.
Prince Charles has mommy issues, and the Queen has a hard life. But that’s the job
A report on a Vuillard show on NPR highlights the importance of a Jewish elite in European cultural politics, and ours too
During the Euro Cup final between Spain and Italy yesterday, ESPN commentators said that they were hoping for a spectacular game to show off the greatness of soccer to an American audience– as opposed to the ugly final between Spain … Continue reading
Middle class kids are building postracial America
People say the Israel Palestine conflict is complicated. It’s not
Writer of The Social Network imposed a victimized narrative on Mark Zuckerberg, who’s anything but
Our ancestors got away with destroying old growth forests. South Americans today are held to a higher standard
Memorials to victims of the Holocaust are embedded in Hamburg street in front of house where the couple lived
‘I had arrived at the psychological role of mediator between the Jews and America, and among Americans themselves’ –Arthur Miller on his intermarriage in 1940
Sabbath dinner at the Eliezer Society at Yale turns into a heated discussion of Israel/Palestine
Auden wrote ‘by far’ the best book in 1945, but was denied the Pulitzer for alleged Communism and aloofness from WW II
Frankly political considerations guided the Pulitzer Prize award for poetry in 1945, at the end of the war
We read memoirs in order to judge the people who wrote them
The Israel lobby colonized American Jewish spiritual identity, and consecrated it to nationalist myths half a world away, when our inspirations are American
Five rustic tales of an upstate N.Y. Jew touch on new social conditions
Here’s a mental health break going into 2012. Thanks again everyone for a great year and we’ll see you soon.
America’s philosemitism grew out of the gifts that Jewish culture brought to modern society.