- ‘Heartbreaking’ is U.S. government’s talking point for Gaza massacre 35
- ‘We know that Israel has no red line when it … 6
- ‘Slate’ blames Birthright for indoctrinating American Jew who was killed … 43
- The green line is gone: Hundreds of Palestinian citizens of … 0
- Israel’s ‘defeat’ 7
- Something you can do, wherever you are 5
- Humanitarian agencies warn of imminent water crisis in Gaza 3
- US plays decisive role in Israel’s attack on Gaza 31
- In Photos: Activists clash with Israeli and Palestinian Authority forces … 0
- Hamas wants to pile up ‘telegenically-dead Palestinians for their cause’ … 0
- Kristof says Stephen Hawking and American Studies Association support Hamas 0
- Video: ‘It’s a hell of a pinpoint operation’ — John … 0
- This Jew can’t support Israel 0
- Gaza, a poem 0
- ‘Washington Post’ exhibits naked double standard in Israeli, Palestinian deaths … 0
- Look at Netanyahu’s ‘evidence’ that civilians are harboring rockets in … 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 234
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 216
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Understanding Hamas 160
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 130
- Just received an email in Hebrew from the address [email protected]. Assuming it’s not fan mail., 18 mins ago
- 'Heartbreaking' is U.S. government's talking point for Gaza massacre http://t.co/FIYvB85nr1, 2 hours ago
- RT @RBrulin: Dear @FridaGhitis: Ur "Pacifists calling for war" tweet relates to article where Falk calls for Ghandian non violence http://t.co/rxk76u9UPc, 2 hours ago
- RT @RBrulin: CNN journo tweets article she clearly has not read. other journos opine &comment, also w/out having read it. Twitter. http://t.co/HwRNiP1nGw, 2 hours ago
- Ibrahim Bulul: "We support the resistance b/c you can't expect us 2 blame Hamas while Israel is committing massacres" http://t.co/CKItuzFvoe, 2 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Category Archives: Beyondoweiss
Please help us continue to cover breaking news from Israel/Palestine, and as a thank you get Ali Abunimah’s new book
Mondo is helping to change the conversation about Israel and Palestine, but we need help to do so. Please contribute; and for all those who give $30 or more, a special offer: Ali Abunimah’s new book, The Battle for Justice in Palestine.
Mondo readers noticed that the site was down for a couple hours this morning. For a good reason: we had to change servers due to growing traffic
It’s summer, and we have a wonderful gift for those who give $80 or more to our June fundraiser: a book of Palestinian cooking. Your choice, either Olives, Lemons & Za’atar: The Best Middle Eastern Home Cooking from Rawia Bishara, the owner of the legendary New York restaurant Tanoreen, or The Gaza Kitchen, an exciting compilation of Mediterranean specialties by Laila El-Haddad and Maggie Schmitt. We depend on readers for support, and again and again you have come through. Thank you!
Always looking for your Mondoweiss fix? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & our new and improved newsletter
Sign up for the new and improved Mondoweiss newsletter and follow Mondoweiss on Facebook and Twitter.
Thank you for another wonderful year of Mondoweiss. In what has become somewhat of a yearly tradition around these parts, here is a rundown of some of our site stats from the past year.
Ari Shavit says that progressive American Jews need Israel like “oxygen” so as not to assimilate. His is a culturally-conservative argument
Peter Kaplan, longtime New York editor, who among many other accomplishments launched the website Mondoweiss, died on Friday in NY, at 59.
Mondoweiss is now ramping up our presence on Facebook. We’re posting a lot more frequently and are looking to jumpstart conversation on our Facebook page in addition to the comments page on this site.
I was a phoebe, nothing more, Emily Dickinson wrote, and Justin Allen underlines the theme in a video saving a phoebe trapped in a garage
Carmen Soprano recognized what was happening to her life and to Meadow because of marriage to Tony but she simply was not able to give up the power she wielded in the community and the material goods.
Anthony Weiner thinks he can tough it out, like Bill Clinton. But if the Clinton scandals had come out when Clinton was running, he wouldn’t have become president.
A good guy won the Tour de France, which is an extreme sport with beautiful scenery and monuments to warfare, and dedicated to wealthy nations
We’ll be doing some routine maintenance on the site over the weekend and there may be sporadic moments when the site is down.
Prince Charles has mommy issues, and the Queen has a hard life. But that’s the job
A report on a Vuillard show on NPR highlights the importance of a Jewish elite in European cultural politics, and ours too
During the Euro Cup final between Spain and Italy yesterday, ESPN commentators said that they were hoping for a spectacular game to show off the greatness of soccer to an American audience– as opposed to the ugly final between Spain … Continue reading
Middle class kids are building postracial America
People say the Israel Palestine conflict is complicated. It’s not
Writer of The Social Network imposed a victimized narrative on Mark Zuckerberg, who’s anything but
Our ancestors got away with destroying old growth forests. South Americans today are held to a higher standard
Memorials to victims of the Holocaust are embedded in Hamburg street in front of house where the couple lived
‘I had arrived at the psychological role of mediator between the Jews and America, and among Americans themselves’ –Arthur Miller on his intermarriage in 1940
Sabbath dinner at the Eliezer Society at Yale turns into a heated discussion of Israel/Palestine
Auden wrote ‘by far’ the best book in 1945, but was denied the Pulitzer for alleged Communism and aloofness from WW II
Frankly political considerations guided the Pulitzer Prize award for poetry in 1945, at the end of the war
We read memoirs in order to judge the people who wrote them