- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 5
- Video: Soldiers aim guns at fallen boy’s head outside West … 14
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 15
- Exile and the prophetic: The Jewish Identity Network 7
- Trauma begins at home 7
- CNN’s Tapper lends himself to claustrophobic discussion of unicorn– Israel’s … 8
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 0
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 0
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 676
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 312
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 203
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 101
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 88
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 67
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 64
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- RT @MhamdG: Two friends (@WalaaGh & @MahaIghbaria ) meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem http://t.co/226bwrY48g via @Mondoweiss, 1 hour ago
- Story behind a photo - Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem http://t.co/0UZkQMevP1, 1 hour ago
- Exile and the prophetic: The Jewish Identity Network http://t.co/UPuEQQgkjI, 6 hours ago
- Trauma begins at home http://t.co/on36d4DzxP, 6 hours ago
- CNN’s Tapper lends himself to claustrophobic discussion of unicorn– Israel’s survival as ‘a Jewish democracy’ http://t.co/GAK5ZiP9jt, 6 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be (25)
- Philip Weiss: let’s start with Robert Cohn, Fagin, Twain’s essay against the Jews. There’s a Jew...
- PeaceThroughJustice: “Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Tolstoy, Ernest Hemingway, they all caricatured Jews....
- subconscious: In situations of political or military conflict, demonization of the official enemy is the norm. It...
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (69)
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (18)
- NoMoreIsrael: Not only was there no accountability for US-Israeli crimes against humanity in Central America, the...
- CNN’s Tapper lends himself to claustrophobic discussion of unicorn– Israel’s survival as ‘a Jewish democracy’ (8)
- Denis: This Tapper guy is no mental slouch. He knows where he is. On the third day of the non-stop Boston bombing...
- Video: Soldiers aim guns at fallen boy’s head outside West Bank settlement (14)
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be (25)
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Annie Robbins
- Alex Kane
- Alice Rothchild
- Ahmed Moor
Category Archives: Occupation
A video that is part of a campaign to pressure the Catalan and Spanish governments to end military and security cooperation with Israel.
Clashes broke out across the West Bank, including in East Jerusalem, yesterday as Palestinians marked the 65th anniversary of the Nakba. Allison Deger reports from Ofer prison where protesters faced off with Israeli soldiers.
Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt
Heads of Christian churches in Jerusalem denouncing attacks on worshipers: A day of joy and celebration was turned to great sorrow and pain for some of our faithful because they were ill-treated by some Israeli policemen
Moriel Rothman uses the Shamasneh family eviction case in Sheikh Jarrah as an example of how the dispossession of the Palestinian people continues today, albeit in less dramatic fashion than 65 years ago.
Yesterday May 14th Fatou Bensouda, Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC), released a statement announcing her office would be opening a preliminary investigation into the massacre on board the Mavi Marmara in which the lives of 9 human rights activists were brutally cut short by the Israeli military on May 31, 2010, in international waters off the coast of Gaza.
Visualizing Palestine has released its latest infographic to coincide with the 65th anniversary of the Nakba.
Israel fires at Palestinian fisherman in Gaza and confirms military-controlled buffer zone three times larger than previously reported
Gaza siege IDF: ‘Forbidden zone’ in Gaza three times larger than previously stated [with map] 972mag 12 May by Noam Sheizaf — The Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories has clarified that the ‘forbidden’ buffer zone in Gaza strip … Continue reading
At the Middle East Policy Council event, Siegman declared that the Middle East peace process is “probably the greatest scam in modern diplomatic history, and future historians are going to be absolutely in awe in how that was pulled off.” For Siegman, this isn’t a recent development.
Allison Deger reports from Jerusalem Day, a celebration of Israel’s 1967 conquest of the holy city, as religious-nationalists parade through the Palestinian sections of the Old City. Above, Israeli girls sing and dance in front of the Jaffa Gate entrance to the Old City.
Another young Palestinian talent has been locked away by Israel. Broadcast Journalist Musab Shawer Al-Tamimi (22), who worked at Al-Khalil (Hebron)Radio, was sentenced to 5 months in prison on World Press Freedom Day.
‘The policy of the present Israeli government is likely to lead to disaster’: Stephen Hawking pulls out of conference hosted by Shimon Peres, backs academic boycott of Israel (Updated)
Controversy erupted over a Guardian report last night that Professor Stephen Hawking backs the academic boycott of Israel and cancelled an appearance at an academic conference organized by Israeli President Shimon Peres. Initially Cambridge University issued a statement that Hawking pulled out over health concerns, but now it has now retracted that statement and affirmed that Hawking’s decision was made out of support for the Palestinian call for boycott. Above, Stephen Hawking visiting staff and students at Birzeit University in 2006.
The Coalition to Stop $30 Billion to Israel is proud to announce yet another billboard has just gone up calling for an end to military aid to Israel–this time in Albany, New York.
Israeli’s new Housing Minister Uri Ariel says Jewish Home Party will oppose any Gov’t budget without settlement expansion included
May 8 is Jerusalem Day, and Israelis are already celebrating by issuing declarations about how many Jewish babies Jerusalem Jews are producing and how many Palestinians are producing
Until last week the Arab world’s position on Israeli borders was firm. Then Secretary of State John Kerry visited the Middle East and the Arab League reversed its stance on settlements, backing “land swaps” between Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories.
The Israeli government has responded to Google’s decision to recognize Palestine.
Greek Orthodox Christians marked the beginning of Easter Sunday with a four-hour midnight service in Gaza’s 1,606-year-old Church of Saint Porphyrius.
No longer do the soldiers just protect the settlers, they attack Palestinians together with the settlers Israeli forces, settlers attack Ramallah village RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 5 May — Settlers raided on Saturday night Ras Karkar village west of Ramallah, and attacked … Continue reading
Doesn’t the land-swap business in the Middle East strike you as political corruption in the international market place? The Arab League presented its amended “Land Swaps for Israeli-Palestinian Peace” plan yesterday and presented it to the US administration in Washington D.C. Secretary of State John Kerry heralded their plan as a “big step” toward peace in the Middle East. Swapping land in Israel/Palestine, where Israeli settlements stay in place and Palestinians receive land Israel doesn’t want, is a scam.
Noted Israeli activist Ezra Nawi faces a struggle to continue protesting in the West Bank. He needs a new truck.
Over the weekend former Israel Prime Minister Ehud Olmert spoke at a conference organized by the Jerusalem Post in New York City. As the the video above shows the crowd did not support his argument that a Palestinian state is in Israeli self-interest.
Video: Israeli occupation bulldozers demolished a house and a building in al-Tur village – Jerusalem Silwanic.net 24 April link to silwanic.net Video: East Jerusalem resident demolished a room in his house with his own hands Silwan, Jerusalem (SILWANIC) 2 Apr … Continue reading
On Wednesday an Israeli court ordered an expansion of the separation barrier into the Cremisan Valley. The wall will now envelop a Catholic monastery and school on three sides, and confiscate precious wine-producing lands. Will this landgrab awaken the world to the plunders of Greater Jerusalem?
Israeli columnist Gideon Levy calls for a “one person, one vote” movement to end Israeli control over Palestinian lives.
Last week’s episode of “This American Life,” the popular public-radio show hosted by Ira Glass, included a striking 23-minute segment about the Israeli occupation of the West Bank. The piece was reported by Nancy Updike, an award-winning producer who’s been with the show since it began in 1995. Updike explores the routinized harassment of villagers in Nabi Saleh by the Israeli military. Above, Israeli soldiers arrest a Palestinian from the village.