- In electric atmosphere, Medea Benjamin takes over the president’s speech 1
- Bradley Manning blows chance to have a gay wedding 0
- Weiner’s Park Ave apartment belongs to man whose ‘only agenda’ … 3
- UN and Hunter College events feature plight of Bedouin refugees, … 1
- AIPAC promotes Netanyahu on two states (and ignores the statements … 0
- Jamal al-Dura calls on Israeli government to bring him his … 4
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the … 9
- Cornell SJP publishes ‘Notes on Palestine/Israel’ as an antidote to … 0
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1709
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1361
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 438
- Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says … 401
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 355
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 104
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 94
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… … 56
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 53
- Voskamp on .@medeabenjamin: Obama’s chf of staff sitting behind me,seemd unfazed & wondered if he shd call off guards http://t.co/PUqQE1DDA0, 2 hours ago
- In electric atmosphere, Medea Benjamin takes over the president’s speech http://t.co/PUqQE1DDA0, 2 hours ago
- Bradley Manning blows chance to have a gay wedding http://t.co/I6Luwltzkq, 3 hours ago
- Weiner’s Park Ave apartment belongs to man whose ‘only agenda’ is Israel http://t.co/tk6hNX36NR, 3 hours ago
- RT @DanielSeidemann: @AmbassadorOren You apparently treat American support for Israel the way your boss treats double beds in flight: a div…, 5 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Weiner’s Park Ave apartment belongs to man whose ‘only agenda’ is Israel (3)
- Kerry faults Israelis for complacency — peace isn’t ‘on the tip of everybody’s tongue’ (9)
- Rusty Pipes: Well, there’s this from Obama’s speech: “‘We are working to promote peace...
- UN and Hunter College events feature plight of Bedouin refugees, due to be expelled again from E-1 (1)
- Pamela Olson: Incredibly powerful words — especially point 11. Reminds me of what Gandhi said about Western...
- In electric atmosphere, Medea Benjamin takes over the president’s speech (1)
- rsmatesic: When do you suppose was the last time the man who makes his living speaking from a podium began his...
- CBS stands by Bob Simon, blowing off CAMERA’s charges of anti-Semitism (11)
- Walid: Don, at around 1:07 you’ll see 5 or 6 Israeli goons putting a choke hold on the priest and take him...
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit (45)
- The etymology of anti-Semitism (11)
- Katie Miranda: lol ! I never liked gefilte fish. :}
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Annie Robbins
- Pamela Olson
- Alex Kane
- Scott McConnell
Category Archives: syria
US promotes regional states/Israeli alliance against Iran while leading provocative naval drills in the Gulf
The U.S. is promoting a military alliance among Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Turkey in order to counter what they perceive as an Iranian threat.
I have argued for years that Israel’s only route for integration into the Middle East is through Palestinians. Without a just resolution of the Palestinian issue, Israel will forever be isolated, turning to the West for support and living in its “dangerous neighborhood” as a militarized pariah. Contra my argument, what if Israel’s way into the Middle East is through its military dominance and becoming a significant cooperative player in the “stabilization” of the Middle East – without a real Palestinian state?
I love it when American pundits talk about American intervention just shy of American boots on the ground – as if everyone else’s suffering is unimportant in comparison.
As Israel strikes Syria from the air, Prime Minister Netanyahu is affirming that discussions about the Arab League’s proposal aren’t about so much about land swaps. The recognition of Israel as a Jewish state is more important. Of course, it helps that Israel already has a solid lock on the land it wants. Now it’s time to wrap up the Jewish state idea.
US has accused Syrian regime of using chemical weapons, but UN investigator says rebels have used them. At the New York Times, Bill Keller, who pushed the Iraq war, advises, “Syria Is Not Iraq,” and that “getting Syria right starts with getting over Iraq.” The columnist ascribes great power to the U.S. to be able to fix things over there– on what basis?
Listen to these Palestinians, now yet again refugees in another land. First the Zionist armies exiled them from their villages in Palestine in 1948, now the armies of Bashar exiled them from Syria, which had became a temporary home.
The takeaway: We see and hear of victims of terrorism in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Palestine, Pakistan, and Afghanistan every day. The death of an innocent, no matter where, is nothing short of horrifying.
One of the effects of the Obama presidency is that it has turned international warmongering on its head. The script, has been somewhat flipped. During the George W. Bush era there was very little doubt who was perceived to be leading the mindless, breast-beating clamour for war. What is now clear and impossible to avoid is that the United Kingdom is assuming the lead in calling for more Western intervention in the Middle East. As such and like Libya, the British have been leading the calls for a United States led intervention in Syria.
Israeli strike on Syria followed violations of Lebanon’s airspace and movement of missile defense system to north
Late Tuesday evening Israeli plans bombed a weapons convoy in Syria destined for Lebanon, marking Israel’s military entry into the now two-year crisis in Syria
No matter the context, no matter what kind of violence, when children are the victims it definitely hits closer to home. As we welcome the New Year, here’s hoping our governments and societies gain the capacity to take responsibility for the mourning and loss they cause. For whether in a small town in Connecticut or a small town in Syria or the West Bank, the grief felt by the families of the victims is uniform, and in all cases impossible to recover from.
As long as Israel continues to flout international law, millions of Palestinian refugees will remain captive in regional struggles that use them as political fodder or see them as a demographic problem, or even worse, a threat.
Following air strikes Sunday by the Syrian military on the country’s largest refugee camp, Palestinians are fleeing from the relative shelter of refugee status in Syria to strapped aid services in Lebanon. Once home to 150,000 refugees, Yarmouk camp in Damascus has emptied with Palestinian leaving en masse for the first time since violence erupted two years ago for the ouster of President Bashar al-Assad.
Araqib village razed for the 45th time The Israeli authorities razed the Araqib village in the Negev desert for the 45th time running claiming that the houses were built without permit. link to www.palestine-info.co.uk Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic … Continue reading
500 Israeli soldiers ransack homes in Burqa Around 500 Israeli soldiers invaded the village of Burqa, north-west of Nablus, in the middle of the night, ransacking homes and causing damages amounting to thousands of euros. Soldiers arrived in over 30 … Continue reading
Palestine: Oppression Will not Work Anyone who knows a little bit of history realizes that when there is situation where a people has refused to surrender and abandon its rights, oppressing it will not work. The only ones who may … Continue reading
Army Occupies School In Jenin Israeli soldiers invaded, on Tuesday evening, a school east of Jenin city, in the northern part of the West Bank, and used it as a military post and monitoring tower. link to www.imemc.org Israeli forces … Continue reading
Netanyahu meeting with foreign diplomats to ‘prepare international public opinion for an Israeli operation in Gaza’
Large Scale Israeli Offensive On Gaza Likely Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported that the office of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is preparing the international public opinion for a large-scale military offensive against the Gaza Strip, adding that it seems that … Continue reading
Palestinian Injured By Settlers Near Nablus Palestinian medical sources in Nablus, in the northern part of the West Bank, reported that a resident was injured during clashes with Israeli soldiers who invaded the Orif village, south of Nablus, and clashes … Continue reading
Seven Palestinians including three children, a woman and her son were arrested in Al Khalil Israeli authorities arrested seven Palestinians on Tuesday in the southern West Bank city of Hebron, including three children, a woman and her son. Said Raba, a … Continue reading
Both U.S. and Israeli ambassadors to the UN addressed Hezbollah at the UN Security Council meeting yesterday after Hezbollah Secretary General Hasan Nasrallah confirmed on Saturday it was Hezbollah who sent the drone shot down by Israel. U.S. Ambassador Susan … Continue reading
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation / Refugees Devout Israeli Jews moving to Arab-Jewish cities Orthodox Jewish Israelis, the driving force of the West Bank settlement movement, have begun to turn … Continue reading
Israeli forces ‘attack East Jerusalem minor’ says soldiers beat and spat on him BETHLEHEM (Ma’an) — A young Palestinian’s errand for his mother took a drastic turn late Friday after he accidentally crossed into the middle of a violent clash … Continue reading
Ethnic Cleansing / Destruction of Property / Apartheid / Refugees Israeli PM to back report legalising settlements Israel’s Prime Minister is intending to enact the Levy Report to legalise settlements in the occupied West Bank under Israeli law, Likud member of … Continue reading
NY state senator David Storobin’s office: ‘Visitors [to the Israeli/Syrian border] are required to don a uniform and carry a gun’
New York state senator David Storobin’s office responded today to criticism over the senator carrying a weapon and wearing an IDF uniform in the occupied Golan Heights, on the Syrian border.
Last May 25, 108 people were massacred at Houla near Homs, Syria. Al Jazeera report confirms that gov’t militias carried out the attacks