- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall … 2
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached … 3
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question 3
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 4
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of … 4
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations 5
- As Israel’s occupation drags on, boycotts are one way forward 1
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 11
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 796
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 227
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 148
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 121
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 111
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 102
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 84
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 74
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- RT @ggreenwald: From AJ Editor RT @hash_said @WHarkavy It was a temporary glitch. It's back up., 5 hours ago
- RT @WHarkavy: .@Mondoweiss @ggreenwald Right now, at least, column and editor's note aren't on Al Jazeera site. Here's an alt link http://t…, 5 hours ago
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question http://t.co/dezeLR7gp1, 6 hours ago
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached to issue in U.S. http://t.co/LCs1vTVK44, 6 hours ago
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day http://t.co/jV4CaYbOnE, 6 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (4)
- David Samel: Thanks, Pamela, for your impressions. I would only add that I thought Bob Simon’s 2009 piece on...
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (54)
- Hostage: Nowhere in this or the linked documents does it show that Kennedy (or any president) insisted on a the...
- New York City Council official urges Brooklyn College to hire ‘professor from Israel’ (12)
- Hostage: Whether professors believe that their expression of polemical political opinions should have consequences,...
- Widely denounced as ‘propaganda,’ Israel’s report on al-Dura calls attention to 950 other child killings (12)
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question (3)
- DavidK: Thanks to Phil, Adam, CODEPINK and many other brave activists the cat’s out of the bag on the Israel...
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (11)
- Mohammed Assaf, singing sensation out of Gaza refugee camp, torches Arab Idol competition (17)
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (4)
Our WritersMore Writers
Tag Archives: AIPAC
Alex Kane talks with Jamal Abdi, policy director for the National Iranian American Council, about the U.S., Israel and Iran.
Occupy AIPAC plans to meet with members of Congress Tuesday to bring their Palestine solidarity and anti-war messages to the halls of power.
‘Atlantic’ blogger Robert Wright skewers an AIPAC-backed Senate resolution that moves ‘America further down the path toward war with Iran.’
A report in Colorlines illuminates how AIPAC works.
Christians for Fair Witness on the Middle East markets itself as a liberal group working for peace in Israel/Palestine. But its budget is bankrolled by philanthropy that funds settlements and Islamophobia.
‘It’s time to stop the bully’: Adbusters editor Kalle Lasn on Occupy Wall Street, the Israel lobby and the New York Times
The editor of Adbusters discusses taking on the neocons, charges of anti-semitism, and the future of Occupy Wall Street.
Advocates decry a Congressional bill to investigate whether groups behind last summer’s Gaza flotilla should be designated as “terrorist” groups
When President Barack Obama delivered his much awaited speech on the “Arab Spring” last Thursday, outlining his administration’s policy on the Arab revolts and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, he proposed a negotiations process that would delay discussions on Palestinian refugees. “These … Continue reading
The Israeli government and its many friends in the U.S. media are rushing to support the brutal Mubarak dictatorship as it copes with the most serious challenge to its rule. As I noted yesterday, Israel is worried about a reliable … Continue reading
Though I’ve been a community organizer for several years, Monday night was the first time I was willing to get arrested for an action. Though unfortunately, we didn’t get the chance to finish performing our dance and sharing our message … Continue reading
The other day I pointed out that the Obama administration was “lobbying the lobby” going to Israel lobbyists like Bill Kristol to get their endorsement of the START treaty as being in Israel’s interest. Well now Senators Chuck Schumer and … Continue reading
Wait, why is a Republican in Treasury making a policy pledge to a foreign country on behalf of Obama 11 days after the 2008 election?
My chief response to the Wikileaks dox is surprise at the transparency of the Israel lobby in action. The most shocking revelation here is that 11 days after the election in 2008, Under Secretary of the Treasury Stuart Levey rushed … Continue reading
As many of you know, the Simon Wiesenthal Center is building a museum of “tolerance” on a Muslim cemetery in Jerusalem. You can see the construction walls in this picture’s middle ground, amidst the gravestones. Another branch of the LA-based … Continue reading
Wow I missed this angle on the AIPAC scandal. Jeff Stein at the Washington Post didn’t. Neither did Justin Elliott who picked him up, calling it “a story that shows just how committed the nationwide network of pro-Israel donors are … Continue reading
The following is a dramatization of Steven J. Rosen’s deposition given on September 22, 2010 as part of his lawsuit against AIPAC. You can read the entire deposition, in a pdf after the jump. Now someone just has to animate … Continue reading
Grant Smith has long argued that AIPAC should have to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act. Well here is a snippet from Smith’s eyebrow-raising report on depositions in the 2009 lawsuit against AIPAC by former staffer Steve Rosen. You’ll … Continue reading
Josh Block used to work at AIPAC (and before that for Edward Kennedy). He just left the organization and, freed from institutional restraint, teed off on J Street, and J Street knocked him back. And now Block has gone back … Continue reading
Dennis Ross, telling an AIPAC gathering about the Obama administration’s foreign policy achievements, in Florida, a week before the midterm elections: As my colleague Stuart Levey from the Treasury Department circles the globe explaining sanctions measures to governments and companies, … Continue reading
Is it election season? Laura Rozen reports that Dennis Ross, the Obama aide at large, and really a representative of the Israel lobby, went to AIPAC in Florida to talk about Iran etc. Read the speech and you will see … Continue reading
Out here in San Francisco, progressives are furious with Nancy Pelosi for enabling the Bush war machine, Obama’s escalation in Afghanistan, and her utter disdain for (our crappy definition of) democracy, as she has refused to debate her libertarian Republican … Continue reading
Good reporting at the Forward, by Joy Resmovits, on Columbia U. opening a new Center for Palestine Studies. No funding for it, though note the appearance of filmmaker James Schamus, who is Jewish, near the end of the story. I … Continue reading
Rep. Baird: ‘J Street’ threatened to end support for Rep. Edwards over meeting with ‘New Policy’ group
Wow. The fat is in the fire; and the litmus tests of the American Jewish community are being publicly scrutinized. Here is a video on C-Span of Congressman Brian Baird yesterday, criticizing J Street for reportedly assailing Congresswoman Donna Edwards’s … Continue reading
Yesterday I caught some of Andrew Sullivan’s appearance on Charlie Rose from the night before. He said he had stopped attending Catholic mass because the child abuse scandal sickened him, he said the church hierarchy was corrupted by it and … Continue reading
Jeffrey Goldberg’s recent attack on J Street included a swipe at Justice Richard Goldstone. Emphasis mine: J Street helped arrange visits by Judge Richard Goldstone, the South African jurist appointed by the U.N. to investigate the most recent conflict in … Continue reading
Steve Grossman, one of the candidates in next Tuesday’s Democratic primary for Massachusetts State Treasurer, is a past national president of AIPAC (The American-Israel Public Affairs Committee). Grossman, former chair of the Democratic National Committee, has been very coy about publicly … Continue reading