- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 41
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 27
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 38
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 10
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 49
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 68
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 184
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 14 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 16 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 16 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 17 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 17 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (27)
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation (8)
- Talkback: I know it’s offtopic here, but I just want to let you know, that Mariam Barghouti tweeted that she...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (38)
- Resurrecting Passover? (33)
- jon s: As I’ve pointed out in previous comments, there is no slaughter of innocents in the Purim story. In the...
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (49)
- Daniel Rich: @ DEBKA DaBakr Since 1967 Israel has razed over 800,000 Palestinian olive trees, the equivalent to...
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (10)
- oldgeezer: I do hope you are being sarcastic. I agree with you 100% in terms of the letter of the law. The technical...
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (41)
Tag Archives: Caterpillar
On Tuesday night, Loyola University Chicago became the first Jesuit University in the United States to pass a student government resolution to divest from companies complicit in aiding the Israeli occupation. The Senate voted 26-0, with 2 abstentions, to call on the school to remove its holdings from eight corporations that play an active role in the human rights abuses committed by the Israeli government.
As TIAA-CREF gathers for annual meeting in North Carolina, trustees should heed lessons of the civil rights movement
Here in North Carolina, we know that student leadership on issues of human and civil rights can change the world. Every day I pass by the Woolworth’s on Elm Street in Greensboro where the sit-in movement began on February 1, 1960. What started with students demanding they be served a cup of coffee helped lead to the passage of the Civil Rights Act, desegregating public spaces across the country. And yet today, TIAA-CREF supports that same kind of racism through its investment in Veolia Environment, a company directly connected with the operation of segregated buses in the Occupied West Bank.
TIAA-CREF partially divested from Caterpillar, but they remain deeply invested in companies complicit in the Israeli occupation. BDS activists rallied in three cities on Tuesday to pressure the pension fund to divest from Northrop Grumman, Caterpillar, Veolia, Elbit, Motorola Solutions and Hewlett-Packard.
The vote, with 36 in favor, 11 against and 1 abstention, is a boon to divestment activists. The full plenary vote on the divestment resolution is set for Thursday or Friday of this week.
Delegates to the United Methodist Church General Conference (UMGC) were shown Wednesday a vision of what the future could look like if Israel were to finally end its control of the Palestinian territories.
As we have noted, Caterpillar has suspended the delivery of bulldozers to Israel apparently because of the important suit that the family of Rachel Corrie, who was killed by a Caterpillar bulldozer in occupied Rafah in 2003, has brought against … Continue reading
This is important and I’ve been sitting on it, sorry. Four points: –Caterpillar has temporarily stopped delivering bulldozers to Israel. JPost: Caterpillar, the company which supplies the IDF with bulldozers, has announced that it is delaying the supply of D9 … Continue reading