- Registration of Jews and other human beings 1
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 0
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 0
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa … 29
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 49
- Passover Auto-Pilot 21
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli … 15
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have … 0
- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 0
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 0
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 113
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @jmalsin: Relax, everyone. Hamas and Fatah agreed to "begin negotiations" to form a unity government. http://t.co/fWX6HZdeG7, 12 mins ago
- RT @stevesalaita: Sorry, Israel. Even the North Pole is practicing #BDS: http://t.co/B7AOemUZ9G, 16 mins ago
- Registration of Jews and other human beings http://t.co/rP82EQiHyu, 24 mins ago
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy crops http://t.co/DGyxU1nU3E http://t.co/6Xvrci6M9b, 26 mins ago
- Palestinian youth fulfill their 'right of return' to the destroyed village of Iqrit http://t.co/qvUmCk7mI4 http://t.co/rVusSbXBei, 58 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa Waiver Program (29)
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (49)
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (1)
- seafoid: Poor Zionists. They can discriminate against Palestinians in their Shangri la but it’s not acceptable...
- Father of photographer critically wounded at West Bank protest: ‘This is life under occupation’ (40)
- talknic: @ j “It is ironic. It’s like we care if the world recognize our annexation of half of Mexico”...
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics (16)
Tag Archives: Caterpillar
On Tuesday night, Loyola University Chicago became the first Jesuit University in the United States to pass a student government resolution to divest from companies complicit in aiding the Israeli occupation. The Senate voted 26-0, with 2 abstentions, to call on the school to remove its holdings from eight corporations that play an active role in the human rights abuses committed by the Israeli government.
As TIAA-CREF gathers for annual meeting in North Carolina, trustees should heed lessons of the civil rights movement
Here in North Carolina, we know that student leadership on issues of human and civil rights can change the world. Every day I pass by the Woolworth’s on Elm Street in Greensboro where the sit-in movement began on February 1, 1960. What started with students demanding they be served a cup of coffee helped lead to the passage of the Civil Rights Act, desegregating public spaces across the country. And yet today, TIAA-CREF supports that same kind of racism through its investment in Veolia Environment, a company directly connected with the operation of segregated buses in the Occupied West Bank.
TIAA-CREF partially divested from Caterpillar, but they remain deeply invested in companies complicit in the Israeli occupation. BDS activists rallied in three cities on Tuesday to pressure the pension fund to divest from Northrop Grumman, Caterpillar, Veolia, Elbit, Motorola Solutions and Hewlett-Packard.
The vote, with 36 in favor, 11 against and 1 abstention, is a boon to divestment activists. The full plenary vote on the divestment resolution is set for Thursday or Friday of this week.
Delegates to the United Methodist Church General Conference (UMGC) were shown Wednesday a vision of what the future could look like if Israel were to finally end its control of the Palestinian territories.
As we have noted, Caterpillar has suspended the delivery of bulldozers to Israel apparently because of the important suit that the family of Rachel Corrie, who was killed by a Caterpillar bulldozer in occupied Rafah in 2003, has brought against … Continue reading
This is important and I’ve been sitting on it, sorry. Four points: –Caterpillar has temporarily stopped delivering bulldozers to Israel. JPost: Caterpillar, the company which supplies the IDF with bulldozers, has announced that it is delaying the supply of D9 … Continue reading