- Tariq Abu Khdeir is not deterred: Despite Israeli police attack, … 10
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these … 21
- Amid fierce debate, members of German think tank take a … 14
- Air strikes and rocket fire resume as Gaza negotiations collapse 47
- Ceasefire comes to a close — Mohammed Assaf’s ‘Raise Your … 35
- Revenge devoid of purpose: Punitive demolitions of Palestinian homes 8
- NY Times describes Israel’s June rampage in the West Bank … 8
- More Orientalist insinuations in the New York Times 39
- Man who saved Jewish boy in Holocaust acts to save … 0
- Social worker, 45, among 3 killed by Israeli soldiers at … 0
- Checking under Israel’s Iron Dome 0
- Rabbi slams ‘militarization’ in St. Louis but when it comes … 0
- Palestine posters archive nominated to UNESCO Memory of the World … 0
- Knight in shining armor? 0
- 5 micro incidents of hope 0
- Gov. Cuomo annexes Jerusalem to Israel — and ‘NYT’ echoes … 0
- US branch of the Jewish ‘family’ owes the homeland ‘unconditional … 170
- Watch: Young Israeli Jew at Western Wall calls for ‘another … 117
- Hollywood’s latest blacklist shadows Bardem, Cruz, Almodovar 105
- The Walzer Problem 96
- ‘One nation, one state, one leader’ — frightening slogan at … 90
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Is the firing of Steven Salaita the beginning of a … 86
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- RT @ChemiShalev: Hamas: Israel tried to kill Mohammed Deif, head of Qassam brigades and no. 1 on Israel's list. His fate unclear but wife & daughter dead, 9 hours ago
- Tariq Abu Khdeir is not deterred: Despite Israeli police attack, he plans 2 return 2 Palestine http://t.co/drxGmuLPCc http://t.co/DYGlKYtuv3, 9 hours ago
- 'I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts' http://t.co/nXjb3jhp1d #IfNotNow #Gaza http://t.co/GY6ZQGjWSV, 9 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: A timeline full of horrors: James Foley, #Ferguson, #Gaza, 9 hours ago
- Amid fierce debate, members of German think tank @rosaluxstiftung take a stand on Gaza http://t.co/cech4T4i9m, 14 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- HAMAS made me do it! (13)
- Gruesome tales surface of Israeli massacres against families in Gaza’s Shujaiya neighborhood (29)
- With ceasefire set to expire, Palestinians aim to lift the siege while Israel wants to turn ‘Gaza into Ramallah’ (14)
- Kay24: At least not in our lifetime. I will die a sad person knowing the Palestinians never got justice, ever. :((
- Witnessing Gaza (30)
- Rob Reiner wants to pick Palestinians’ leaders for them (16)
- Marco: The anti-Tea Party sentiments of Hollywood liberals like Reiner is motivated more by condescension towards...
- UPDATED: Bay Area demonstrators succeed for second day in ‘Blocking the Boat for Gaza’ (36)
Tag Archives: Caterpillar
On Tuesday night, Loyola University Chicago became the first Jesuit University in the United States to pass a student government resolution to divest from companies complicit in aiding the Israeli occupation. The Senate voted 26-0, with 2 abstentions, to call on the school to remove its holdings from eight corporations that play an active role in the human rights abuses committed by the Israeli government.
As TIAA-CREF gathers for annual meeting in North Carolina, trustees should heed lessons of the civil rights movement
Here in North Carolina, we know that student leadership on issues of human and civil rights can change the world. Every day I pass by the Woolworth’s on Elm Street in Greensboro where the sit-in movement began on February 1, 1960. What started with students demanding they be served a cup of coffee helped lead to the passage of the Civil Rights Act, desegregating public spaces across the country. And yet today, TIAA-CREF supports that same kind of racism through its investment in Veolia Environment, a company directly connected with the operation of segregated buses in the Occupied West Bank.
TIAA-CREF partially divested from Caterpillar, but they remain deeply invested in companies complicit in the Israeli occupation. BDS activists rallied in three cities on Tuesday to pressure the pension fund to divest from Northrop Grumman, Caterpillar, Veolia, Elbit, Motorola Solutions and Hewlett-Packard.
The vote, with 36 in favor, 11 against and 1 abstention, is a boon to divestment activists. The full plenary vote on the divestment resolution is set for Thursday or Friday of this week.
Delegates to the United Methodist Church General Conference (UMGC) were shown Wednesday a vision of what the future could look like if Israel were to finally end its control of the Palestinian territories.
As we have noted, Caterpillar has suspended the delivery of bulldozers to Israel apparently because of the important suit that the family of Rachel Corrie, who was killed by a Caterpillar bulldozer in occupied Rafah in 2003, has brought against … Continue reading
This is important and I’ve been sitting on it, sorry. Four points: –Caterpillar has temporarily stopped delivering bulldozers to Israel. JPost: Caterpillar, the company which supplies the IDF with bulldozers, has announced that it is delaying the supply of D9 … Continue reading