- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 25
- American Studies Association national council endorses academic boycott of Israel 11
- ‘Globe’ readers slam paper for ignoring unfair distribution of water … 5
- Marked for destruction: Jerusalem neighborhoods brace for large wave of … 1
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ 14
- Israel approves new town in Negev– no Bedouins need apply 0
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 21
- Like the status quo? Ever wanted to stand on the … 10
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 0
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 0
- 12,000 Cherokee, 40,000 Bedouin — Don’t let history repeat 0
- More Jewish settlers needed in Galilee to ‘balance’ Palestinian population 0
- A loving remembrance of Peter Kaplan 0
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing … 0
- Interview with Dr. Haidar Eid: ‘The Palestinian struggle is not … 0
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 142
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- (Updated) Senator Chuck Schumer promises more Iran sanctions, vows to … 129
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 84
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- The false analogy of Syria and Palestine 67
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- RT @alexbkane: Hilarious. @Eric_Alterman takes issue with @natashalennard's correct math--He has written 9 pieces on @MaxBlumenthal http://t.co/VWrlzjfZ8D, 5 hours ago
- RT @Justworldbooks: We'll b ready to upload #gazawritesback files to printer any day now! Woohoo! http://t.co/jT2rA0NIHt, 5 hours ago
- RT @AmerStudiesAssn: ASA National Council Votes Unanimously To Endorse Academic Boycott of Israel #2013ASA #BDS http://t.co/wxZAxu5XAM, 7 hours ago
- RT @AmerStudiesAssn: The ASA National Council endorses academic boycott and recommends the members endorse as well. #2013ASA #BDS, 7 hours ago
- RT @jvplive: PRESS RELEASE: Jewish Voice for Peace Responds to @AmerStudiesAssn's Resolution on Academic Boycotts: http://t.co/FS1XBxuMPC, 7 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex (21)
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond Tree’ was to shine a light on Palestinian suffering and help bring about peace (150)
- Hostage: In other words, while the novel has value, is sympathetic, reaches audiences, it also did not meet a goal...
- Hostage: Susan Abulhawa’s critique of Corasanti’s book provided a point of departure with which to critique the...
- Hostage: Twain did not write Huck Finn from the perspective of a black man, but a white boy. He actually wrote...
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (14)
- Annie Robbins: Has Corasanti written from a *Jewish perspective* about Zionism & the dynamics within Jewish...
- Annie Robbins: She returns to the US, gets her Masters in Middle Eastern studies at Harvard, continuing on for a Law...
- Betsy: Has Corasanti written from a *Jewish perspective* about Zionism & the dynamics within Jewish social life...
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle (55)
- Hostage: Regarding the claim that stereotypes can be backed up: That was Taxi’s argument. I actually pointed...
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing about Palestinians (20)
- Mayhem: Ari Shavit no doubt is too ‘Zionist’ for MW sensibilities, but I would contend that Allison is...
Tag Archives: divestment
As TIAA-CREF gathers for annual meeting in North Carolina, trustees should heed lessons of the civil rights movement
Here in North Carolina, we know that student leadership on issues of human and civil rights can change the world. Every day I pass by the Woolworth’s on Elm Street in Greensboro where the sit-in movement began on February 1, 1960. What started with students demanding they be served a cup of coffee helped lead to the passage of the Civil Rights Act, desegregating public spaces across the country. And yet today, TIAA-CREF supports that same kind of racism through its investment in Veolia Environment, a company directly connected with the operation of segregated buses in the Occupied West Bank.
When United Methodist delegates gather as a plenary to vote on church policies this week, two petitions will be presented that reflect opposing approaches to helping Palestinians.
Delegates to the United Methodist Church General Conference (UMGC) were shown Wednesday a vision of what the future could look like if Israel were to finally end its control of the Palestinian territories.
The Israeli government was pleased that a “60 Minutes” piece on Palestinian Christians did not air on Christmas or Easter. But the report did air a week before the United Methodist Church’s convention, where a divestment resolution is being considered.
Christians for Fair Witness on the Middle East markets itself as a liberal group working for peace in Israel/Palestine. But its budget is bankrolled by philanthropy that funds settlements and Islamophobia.
Two weeks back we reported on a debate on Jewish Perspectives on Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions at a Brooklyn church (videos here). Adam Horowitz moderated, and Kathleen Peratis, a lawyer and member of the J Street board, argued against boycott. … Continue reading
Steve Grossman, one of the candidates in next Tuesday’s Democratic primary for Massachusetts State Treasurer, is a past national president of AIPAC (The American-Israel Public Affairs Committee). Grossman, former chair of the Democratic National Committee, has been very coy about publicly … Continue reading