- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall … 2
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached … 3
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question 4
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 14
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of … 16
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations 5
- As Israel’s occupation drags on, boycotts are one way forward 1
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 12
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 796
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 230
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 111
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 103
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 75
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 84
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 74
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- RT @ggreenwald: From AJ Editor RT @hash_said @WHarkavy It was a temporary glitch. It's back up., 9 hours ago
- RT @WHarkavy: .@Mondoweiss @ggreenwald Right now, at least, column and editor's note aren't on Al Jazeera site. Here's an alt link http://t…, 10 hours ago
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question http://t.co/dezeLR7gp1, 10 hours ago
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached to issue in U.S. http://t.co/LCs1vTVK44, 10 hours ago
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day http://t.co/jV4CaYbOnE, 10 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (14)
- W.Jones: Annie, If given a choice between the two, I think generally people would pick the Israeli...
- W.Jones: The biggest change I can see is in the radical left in America. Most often people I talk with from it are...
- American: This is interesting also…..that CNI has been asked to speak to Tea Party meetings. I don’t...
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (12)
- Inanna: What the article misses is the larger history of Jewish life in the Arab-Muslim world and some articulation...
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US Special Envoy on anti-Semitism (16)
- New York City Council official urges Brooklyn College to hire ‘professor from Israel’ (22)
- RoHa: “A New York statute forbidding permanent certification as a public school teacher of any person who is...
- RoHa: “Who’s got the power in a relationship where you know your professor is ardently pro-Palestinian,...
- Abdul-Rahman: “Jewish students feel that professors are biased against Israel, the Jewish Week recently...
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question (4)
- irmep: Not to be too vulgar, but here in DC that is now called “Getting Diane Reemed.” WAMU hosts...
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (14)
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Today in Palestine
- Hamde Abu Rahme
- Stephanie Westbrook
- James North
- Ahmed Moor
Tag Archives: Gaza Flotilla
From Haaretz: “A non-violent protest of 4,000 people or more, even if they only march to a checkpoint or a settlement, and especially if the Palestinian police does not deter them, will be unstoppable,” one IDF officer claims. “Such a … Continue reading
Another American family, this time the Jilanis, will have to grieve without justice over Israeli killing
Emily Henochowicz, Tristan Anderson, Furkan Dogan, Brian Avery, Rachel Corrie and more–all American citizens killed or severely injured by Israel with no justice served and barely a peep heard from U.S. authorities. Now, add Ziad Jilani, who was a permanent … Continue reading
‘The Palestine Cables’: Gaza is a burning issue from Egypt to Latin America to Pakistan, to John Kerry being ‘shocked by what I saw’
This is the third entry in “The Palestine Cables,” Alex Kane’s series on what WikiLeaks is telling us about the Palestinian position in world politics. Forsaken by the “peace process,” ignored by mainstream media, denied justice two years after Israel … Continue reading
Culture of impunity. From Haaretz. The Israeli border police who fired a tear gas canister at American art student Emily Henochowicz, maiming her, inside the Occupied Territories, during a protest last May 31, have been cleared of any wrongdoing. Her … Continue reading
This is interesting. Risk analyst Ian Bremmer of the Eurasia group was on Charlie Rose two nights back describing the struggle between market capitalism and state capitalism, US v China. My sense is that risk analysts are cold fish who … Continue reading
This is important. Tomorrow night at Rutgers, the New Jersey state university, Palestinian solidarity groups are exercising their right to assembly and free speech by gathering to raise money for the US boat to Gaza– which seeks to aid the … Continue reading
The New York Post, the sensationalistic right-wing daily in New York, is joining the smear campaign against Moustafa Bayoumi, the Brooklyn College professor and the editor of the newly released book titled Midnight on the Mavi Marmara: The Attack on … Continue reading
When the well-connected Israeli policy group, the Reut Institute, released a February 2010 report on what it labeled the "delegitimization challenge" from the global Palestine solidarity movement, Ali Abunimah of the Electronic Intifada pointed out that the report "never considers … Continue reading
My post about nonviolence vs. violence and the Gaza Flotilla unleashed a heated debate. Max Ajl, David Bromwich, Robin Yassin-Kassab, Ken O’Keefe elsewhere, Max Ajl again, and Norman Finkelstein outside this forum have spilled many impassioned electrons on this topic, not to mention … Continue reading
Prof. Michael N. Nagler, founder of UC Berkeley’s Peace and Conflict Studies program and the Metta Center for Nonviolence Education (also, one of my mentors), shares a compelling perspective on the need to maintain strict discipline in a nonviolent direct action such … Continue reading