- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ … 18
- Tony Blair’s Middle East speech: dangerous and anti-Muslim 15
- Jenin refugee camp hit by wave of Israeli raids and … 5
- BDS activists leaflet Ben & Jerry’s shops on commercial ties … 14
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) 42
- From McMecca to McJerusalem 2
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 60
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 60
- ‘NYT’ photo feature on women in Gaza ignores Israel and … 0
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 0
- Father of photographer critically wounded at West Bank protest: ‘This … 0
- Bridgegate 2.0: Israeli tech students manipulate traffic patterns 0
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli … 0
- Snowden revealed a world of conspiracies I once would have … 0
- UN peace envoy denied entry to Church of the Holy … 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets … 74
- RT @alexbkane: DAM in Ramallah http://t.co/MIRu1HwO0T, 3 hours ago
- Rashid Khalidi sees John Kerry’s failure strengthening the call for boycott, divestment and sanctions http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW #BDS, 5 hours ago
- Rashid Khalidi says US opposition to reunification of Palestinian parties exposes the “farce” of the peace process http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW, 5 hours ago
- Khalidi: It's time for Palestinians 'to get off their knees' and turn to Europe and ICC http://t.co/J6FVaShSqW http://t.co/UkS8SEPdaq, 5 hours ago
- Report: Starbucks to buy 10% stake in SodaStream http://t.co/gffMLICMkv, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (77)
- Bumblebye: @hophmi “”[[space reserved for hophmi to try and dissemble about the comments from Shmuel,...
- Khalidi: It’s time for Palestinians ‘to get off their knees’ and turn to Europe and ICC (18)
- pabelmont: I always get a kick (of a sort) out of the idea that anyone has “recognized” Israel as a...
- Hostage: to clarify my above comment, individuals are tried in the ICC, but only for crimes committed while acting...
- Hostage: only states can be sued in the ICC. Palestine is, unfortunately, not truly a state. Even though the UN...
- Israel stops US-led peace talks citing Palestinian unity (Updated) (42)
- Stephen Shenfield: The Israeli government can see that they now face a real threat of peace. It is natural that they...
- irishmoses: The reconciliation of Hamas and Fatah into a united Palestinian entity encompassing Gaza is a critical...
- Stephen Shenfield: Liar! Provocateur! Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia!
- Tony Blair’s Middle East speech: dangerous and anti-Muslim (15)
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (51)
- yonah fredman: hey puppies, the genocidal nature of too many of the verses of the book of Numbers and Deuteronomy is...
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (77)
Tag Archives: Hamas
One of the more remarkable yet less remarked upon moments of the recent Israeli massacre in Gaza came when the Qassam Brigades gave a press conference on 17 November. They had a message for the Israeli public: “It was your leadership,” they said, “that dragged you into this and into the shelters to score cheap political points.” What’s truly stunning is that the Qassam Brigades were making an open anti-government appeal to the people of Israel.
As Israel continues to pound the Gaza Strip, and factions within the beleaguered territory retaliate as best they can, there are many myths and stereotypes dominating mainstream media coverage, and many conversations. Here are a few of the most common misunderstandings.
Pam Bailey reports from a CODEPINK delegation to Pakistan: “I am convinced that the two — drones and the Taliban — cannot be considered separately. The former “feeds” the latter.”
The second anti-Islam class exposed was titled “Understanding the Threat to America,” and claimed that Islamists have infiltrated the US government, media and more.
The unrecognized heroes of Palestine are the human rights investigators. Their job is to investigate and expose the atrocities committed against their people, no matter who the perpetrator — Israeli or Palestinian. Nine times out of 10, they are stymied, … Continue reading
Hamas has issued a statement today regarding Palestine’s UN bid. Its interest for me is in the way Hamas describes what it thinks is the Palestinian national consensus. It seems that Hamas’ only substantive objection to going to the UN … Continue reading
Arrests of 100+ ‘Hamas agents’ in West Bank seem to be Israel’s latest effort to thwart Palestinian reconciliation
Israeli security forces report that they have arrested at least 100 suspected members of Hamas and claim to have foiled multiple bombing and kidnapping plots. These actions would seem to indicate a severe setback for Hamas’s influence in the Occupied … Continue reading
I have a confession. I love the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. I can, and often do, read it for hours. It is a treasure trove, home to some of the best propaganda on the planet. The MFA website … Continue reading
In response to the youth of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank rising up on March 14 and 15 to call for Palestinian political unity, both the leaders of Fatah and Hamas pledged to enter into talks aimed at … Continue reading
Are we witnessing the stirrings of a new, large-scale Israeli military operation? Haaretz today reports that “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Wednesday that the Israel Defense Forces would continue to use ‘firm determination and assaults’ on Gaza…[Netanyahu said:] ‘It could … Continue reading
The Palestine Cables: Egyptian VP Suleiman, Israel’s favorite, wants ‘Gaza to go ‘hungry’ but not ‘starve”
The Israeli establishment is pleased to see that Omar Suleiman, the former head of Egypt’s intelligence services who was recently appointed to be Egypt’s first vice president, is angling to continue the Mubarak regime. As reports circulate that Hosni Mubarak … Continue reading
The Egyptian uprising against the Mubarak regime is historic and important in its own right. But it may also lead to significant changes in the region that could be positive for the Palestinian cause. Israel is worried about a reliable … Continue reading
‘The Palestine Cables’: Other countries want to ‘smoke out’ Israel on NPT and Mossad use of passports
Whether it’s the Mossad’s use of foreign passports or the refusal to open up about its nuclear weapons program, Israel is developing a reputation as a rogue state. Some of the nearly 2,000 secret State Department cables so far released … Continue reading
Yossi Melman has revealed in Ha’aretz that the Iron Dome missile, developed at great expense and fanfare by Rafael Advanced Defence Systems, will not be used to protect the southern Israeli towns of Sderot and Ashkelon, the mission for which … Continue reading
Israel’s war against Palestine is a graveyard of questions that died begging to be asked. The media report Israel’s actions accompanied by explanations that Israel itself supplies. The Palestinian family was thrown out of their home because they are not … Continue reading
Three years ago I heard the American-born Israeli Michael B. Oren promoting his new book Power, Faith and Fantasy: America in the Middle East, 1776 to the Present at a university near my home in upstate New York. Oren is … Continue reading
Slog through Benny Morris’ latest screed about who’s to blame for the collapse of the two state solution at your own risk… It’s like a ride on a quadruple loop roller coaster. The twists and turns of the rampant intellectual dishonesty, … Continue reading
Michael Bloomberg and New York’s Muslims: a lesson in how Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations
Ever since Lawrence Swaim of the California-based Interfaith Freedom Foundation articulated his valuable insight to me that the question of Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations, I’ve been coming across stories that fit into that theme. In general, strong support for … Continue reading
Last Friday at NYU, Noah Feldman, the terrifyingly-successful Harvard Law School professor and former Iraq war apparatchik, raised one of the central points in the pro-Israel argument when he said in essence that the Palestinians are not ready for democracy. … Continue reading
Viva Palestina Lifeline 5 convoy reached Gaza today, with 140 vehicles, 300 activists and over three million pounds worth of aid. Each consecutive convoy is larger than the last one, increasing the number of activists involved (from 30 countries) and … Continue reading
The photo shown above of an Israeli throwing a shoe at an image of Barack Obama perfectly captures the bizarre notion emanating from right-wing Zionist circles, both in the U.S. and in Israel, that President Obama is hostile to the … Continue reading
And other news from Today in Palestine:
When the Islamophobic furor against the proposed Muslim community center two-and-a-half blocks away from Ground Zero began to peak in mid-late July, some people wondered why it was occurring now, nine years after the 9/11 attacks. As the New York … Continue reading