- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 7
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 35
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 72
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 5
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 21
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 11
- Following criticism, ‘NYT’ quotes Barghouti, Vilkomerson and Ashrawi on BDS 9
- On American Zionist Education: An excerpt from ‘The Politics of … 9
- National summit to re-assess the special relationship — Friday in … 0
- ‘Politico’ leaves Israel off list of 25 ‘awkward allies’ of … 0
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 0
- Netanyahu mentions ‘BDS’ 18 times in denouncing movement and its … 0
- John Kerry and David Broza perform for AIPAC 0
- Reflections of an Iraqi in Palestine 0
- Capitalism and its contradictions: From Arizona to Florida to #UCLAdivest 0
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 108
- ‘NYT’ says East Jerusalem isn’t occupied, and Israel lobby takes … 108
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Poll: If two-states collapse, Americans overwhelmingly favor ‘democracy’ 85
- Thought experiment. Dateline Ukraine 82
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/07/2014 - http://t.co/PYrDx7sDJc, 4 hours ago
- RT @alexbkane: SEIU organizer has swallowed the hasbara, claims Israel treats immigrants fairly https://t.co/1Yz6bSjYVo, 13 hours ago
- RT @EliClifton: 'D.C. elite say pro-Israel lobby losing influence, likened to NRA' http://t.co/Ekawm3GoKs, 13 hours ago
- RT @Remroum: State Dept to 'check out' vicious attack on Palestinian athletes http://t.co/QRDaEZUNFu via @Mondoweiss, 17 hours ago
- 'Apartheid on the Hill': @TuftsSJP transforms Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation http://t.co/nrVwEehYXj, 17 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (35)
- lysias: I just read an allegation that Yatsenyuk (and his sister) are scientologists. Oh boy!
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft protest in Jerusalem (72)
- ‘NYT’ provides frank descriptions of lobby’s power in review of Truman book (20)
- Woody Tanaka: I don’t agree that you say that about all. Certainly there were some, but I believe that many of...
- Citizen: Further, if memory serves, Max B said himself that no non-Jewish person could have written Goliath because...
- Citizen: @ Woody I agree. Those “same men” championed equal civil rights in USA for the same main reason...
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight Israeli occupation (7)
- Susie Kneedler: NOW, LIVE: C-SPAN3 is showing and streaming LIVE the “National Summit to Reassess the...
- Anti-Defamation League exploits fear of Muslims to undermine anti-gay bill (18)
- traintosiberia: Fatwa is overrated . Any Muslim can utter a Fatwa with or without any basis of any religious or...
- New Israeli legislation favoring Christians seeks to divide Palestinian community (35)
- Walid: Sibiriak, how much of this nation-affinity is natural or rather spontaneous and how much of it is programmed...
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy (35)
Tag Archives: Hamas
One of the more remarkable yet less remarked upon moments of the recent Israeli massacre in Gaza came when the Qassam Brigades gave a press conference on 17 November. They had a message for the Israeli public: “It was your leadership,” they said, “that dragged you into this and into the shelters to score cheap political points.” What’s truly stunning is that the Qassam Brigades were making an open anti-government appeal to the people of Israel.
As Israel continues to pound the Gaza Strip, and factions within the beleaguered territory retaliate as best they can, there are many myths and stereotypes dominating mainstream media coverage, and many conversations. Here are a few of the most common misunderstandings.
Pam Bailey reports from a CODEPINK delegation to Pakistan: “I am convinced that the two — drones and the Taliban — cannot be considered separately. The former “feeds” the latter.”
The second anti-Islam class exposed was titled “Understanding the Threat to America,” and claimed that Islamists have infiltrated the US government, media and more.
The unrecognized heroes of Palestine are the human rights investigators. Their job is to investigate and expose the atrocities committed against their people, no matter who the perpetrator — Israeli or Palestinian. Nine times out of 10, they are stymied, … Continue reading
Hamas has issued a statement today regarding Palestine’s UN bid. Its interest for me is in the way Hamas describes what it thinks is the Palestinian national consensus. It seems that Hamas’ only substantive objection to going to the UN … Continue reading
Arrests of 100+ ‘Hamas agents’ in West Bank seem to be Israel’s latest effort to thwart Palestinian reconciliation
Israeli security forces report that they have arrested at least 100 suspected members of Hamas and claim to have foiled multiple bombing and kidnapping plots. These actions would seem to indicate a severe setback for Hamas’s influence in the Occupied … Continue reading
I have a confession. I love the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. I can, and often do, read it for hours. It is a treasure trove, home to some of the best propaganda on the planet. The MFA website … Continue reading
In response to the youth of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank rising up on March 14 and 15 to call for Palestinian political unity, both the leaders of Fatah and Hamas pledged to enter into talks aimed at … Continue reading
Are we witnessing the stirrings of a new, large-scale Israeli military operation? Haaretz today reports that “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Wednesday that the Israel Defense Forces would continue to use ‘firm determination and assaults’ on Gaza…[Netanyahu said:] ‘It could … Continue reading
The Palestine Cables: Egyptian VP Suleiman, Israel’s favorite, wants ‘Gaza to go ‘hungry’ but not ‘starve”
The Israeli establishment is pleased to see that Omar Suleiman, the former head of Egypt’s intelligence services who was recently appointed to be Egypt’s first vice president, is angling to continue the Mubarak regime. As reports circulate that Hosni Mubarak … Continue reading
The Egyptian uprising against the Mubarak regime is historic and important in its own right. But it may also lead to significant changes in the region that could be positive for the Palestinian cause. Israel is worried about a reliable … Continue reading
‘The Palestine Cables’: Other countries want to ‘smoke out’ Israel on NPT and Mossad use of passports
Whether it’s the Mossad’s use of foreign passports or the refusal to open up about its nuclear weapons program, Israel is developing a reputation as a rogue state. Some of the nearly 2,000 secret State Department cables so far released … Continue reading
Yossi Melman has revealed in Ha’aretz that the Iron Dome missile, developed at great expense and fanfare by Rafael Advanced Defence Systems, will not be used to protect the southern Israeli towns of Sderot and Ashkelon, the mission for which … Continue reading
Israel’s war against Palestine is a graveyard of questions that died begging to be asked. The media report Israel’s actions accompanied by explanations that Israel itself supplies. The Palestinian family was thrown out of their home because they are not … Continue reading
Three years ago I heard the American-born Israeli Michael B. Oren promoting his new book Power, Faith and Fantasy: America in the Middle East, 1776 to the Present at a university near my home in upstate New York. Oren is … Continue reading
Slog through Benny Morris’ latest screed about who’s to blame for the collapse of the two state solution at your own risk… It’s like a ride on a quadruple loop roller coaster. The twists and turns of the rampant intellectual dishonesty, … Continue reading
Michael Bloomberg and New York’s Muslims: a lesson in how Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations
Ever since Lawrence Swaim of the California-based Interfaith Freedom Foundation articulated his valuable insight to me that the question of Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations, I’ve been coming across stories that fit into that theme. In general, strong support for … Continue reading
Last Friday at NYU, Noah Feldman, the terrifyingly-successful Harvard Law School professor and former Iraq war apparatchik, raised one of the central points in the pro-Israel argument when he said in essence that the Palestinians are not ready for democracy. … Continue reading
Viva Palestina Lifeline 5 convoy reached Gaza today, with 140 vehicles, 300 activists and over three million pounds worth of aid. Each consecutive convoy is larger than the last one, increasing the number of activists involved (from 30 countries) and … Continue reading
The photo shown above of an Israeli throwing a shoe at an image of Barack Obama perfectly captures the bizarre notion emanating from right-wing Zionist circles, both in the U.S. and in Israel, that President Obama is hostile to the … Continue reading
And other news from Today in Palestine:
When the Islamophobic furor against the proposed Muslim community center two-and-a-half blocks away from Ground Zero began to peak in mid-late July, some people wondered why it was occurring now, nine years after the 9/11 attacks. As the New York … Continue reading