- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 0
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 2
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 11
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 0
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 7
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 23
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 13
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 668
- ‘The policy of the present Israeli government is likely to … 485
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 310
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 148
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 119
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 65
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 2 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 2 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 2 hours ago
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack http://t.co/G5N0uJqOwT, 2 hours ago
- RT @War_Times: Blood on Israel’s Hands from #Palestine to the Mayan Highlands http://t.co/hAHRMXYXMm #Nakba @mondoweiss @jadaliyya #Guatema…, 23 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (11)
- Shingo: This is silly. Every country has the right to refuse entry to suspected foreign troublemakers So why does it...
- Ellen: Brian, your statement is bizzare. I imagine you have not read the proposed bill or even the article above....
- notatall: Since Israel has never defined its borders, Esker’s comment is beside the point.
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be (7)
- Citizen: Maybe Phil’s dentist is projecting in the freudian sense? My dentist is Indian, and he won’t...
- yourstruly: How convenient, too, that at a time when there are so many reasons for the public to question our...
- gingershot: Here’s a good example of racism in the media – reported on Ynet today: Gene Simmons calls...
- Anthony Bourdain heads to Israel/Palestine (28)
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell (23)
- Les: Now you are required to be a 100% zionist. 99.4% no longer makes the grade.
- Issue in the L.A. mayor’s race? Support Israel! (8)
- Philip Weiss: Thank you for this sharp intervention
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (11)
Our WritersMore Writers
Tag Archives: Hamas
One of the more remarkable yet less remarked upon moments of the recent Israeli massacre in Gaza came when the Qassam Brigades gave a press conference on 17 November. They had a message for the Israeli public: “It was your leadership,” they said, “that dragged you into this and into the shelters to score cheap political points.” What’s truly stunning is that the Qassam Brigades were making an open anti-government appeal to the people of Israel.
As Israel continues to pound the Gaza Strip, and factions within the beleaguered territory retaliate as best they can, there are many myths and stereotypes dominating mainstream media coverage, and many conversations. Here are a few of the most common misunderstandings.
Pam Bailey reports from a CODEPINK delegation to Pakistan: “I am convinced that the two — drones and the Taliban — cannot be considered separately. The former “feeds” the latter.”
The second anti-Islam class exposed was titled “Understanding the Threat to America,” and claimed that Islamists have infiltrated the US government, media and more.
The unrecognized heroes of Palestine are the human rights investigators. Their job is to investigate and expose the atrocities committed against their people, no matter who the perpetrator — Israeli or Palestinian. Nine times out of 10, they are stymied, … Continue reading
Hamas has issued a statement today regarding Palestine’s UN bid. Its interest for me is in the way Hamas describes what it thinks is the Palestinian national consensus. It seems that Hamas’ only substantive objection to going to the UN … Continue reading
Arrests of 100+ ‘Hamas agents’ in West Bank seem to be Israel’s latest effort to thwart Palestinian reconciliation
Israeli security forces report that they have arrested at least 100 suspected members of Hamas and claim to have foiled multiple bombing and kidnapping plots. These actions would seem to indicate a severe setback for Hamas’s influence in the Occupied … Continue reading
I have a confession. I love the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. I can, and often do, read it for hours. It is a treasure trove, home to some of the best propaganda on the planet. The MFA website … Continue reading
In response to the youth of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank rising up on March 14 and 15 to call for Palestinian political unity, both the leaders of Fatah and Hamas pledged to enter into talks aimed at … Continue reading
Are we witnessing the stirrings of a new, large-scale Israeli military operation? Haaretz today reports that “Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed Wednesday that the Israel Defense Forces would continue to use ‘firm determination and assaults’ on Gaza…[Netanyahu said:] ‘It could … Continue reading
The Palestine Cables: Egyptian VP Suleiman, Israel’s favorite, wants ‘Gaza to go ‘hungry’ but not ‘starve”
The Israeli establishment is pleased to see that Omar Suleiman, the former head of Egypt’s intelligence services who was recently appointed to be Egypt’s first vice president, is angling to continue the Mubarak regime. As reports circulate that Hosni Mubarak … Continue reading
The Egyptian uprising against the Mubarak regime is historic and important in its own right. But it may also lead to significant changes in the region that could be positive for the Palestinian cause. Israel is worried about a reliable … Continue reading
‘The Palestine Cables’: Other countries want to ‘smoke out’ Israel on NPT and Mossad use of passports
Whether it’s the Mossad’s use of foreign passports or the refusal to open up about its nuclear weapons program, Israel is developing a reputation as a rogue state. Some of the nearly 2,000 secret State Department cables so far released … Continue reading
Yossi Melman has revealed in Ha’aretz that the Iron Dome missile, developed at great expense and fanfare by Rafael Advanced Defence Systems, will not be used to protect the southern Israeli towns of Sderot and Ashkelon, the mission for which … Continue reading
Israel’s war against Palestine is a graveyard of questions that died begging to be asked. The media report Israel’s actions accompanied by explanations that Israel itself supplies. The Palestinian family was thrown out of their home because they are not … Continue reading
Three years ago I heard the American-born Israeli Michael B. Oren promoting his new book Power, Faith and Fantasy: America in the Middle East, 1776 to the Present at a university near my home in upstate New York. Oren is … Continue reading
Slog through Benny Morris’ latest screed about who’s to blame for the collapse of the two state solution at your own risk… It’s like a ride on a quadruple loop roller coaster. The twists and turns of the rampant intellectual dishonesty, … Continue reading
Michael Bloomberg and New York’s Muslims: a lesson in how Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations
Ever since Lawrence Swaim of the California-based Interfaith Freedom Foundation articulated his valuable insight to me that the question of Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations, I’ve been coming across stories that fit into that theme. In general, strong support for … Continue reading
Last Friday at NYU, Noah Feldman, the terrifyingly-successful Harvard Law School professor and former Iraq war apparatchik, raised one of the central points in the pro-Israel argument when he said in essence that the Palestinians are not ready for democracy. … Continue reading
Viva Palestina Lifeline 5 convoy reached Gaza today, with 140 vehicles, 300 activists and over three million pounds worth of aid. Each consecutive convoy is larger than the last one, increasing the number of activists involved (from 30 countries) and … Continue reading
The photo shown above of an Israeli throwing a shoe at an image of Barack Obama perfectly captures the bizarre notion emanating from right-wing Zionist circles, both in the U.S. and in Israel, that President Obama is hostile to the … Continue reading
And other news from Today in Palestine:
When the Islamophobic furor against the proposed Muslim community center two-and-a-half blocks away from Ground Zero began to peak in mid-late July, some people wondered why it was occurring now, nine years after the 9/11 attacks. As the New York … Continue reading