- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 7
- Video: Soldiers aim guns at fallen boy’s head outside West … 14
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 15
- Exile and the prophetic: The Jewish Identity Network 7
- Trauma begins at home 7
- CNN’s Tapper lends himself to claustrophobic discussion of unicorn– Israel’s … 8
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 21
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 18
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 782
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 205
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 104
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 88
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 69
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 64
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- RT @MhamdG: Two friends (@WalaaGh & @MahaIghbaria ) meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem http://t.co/226bwrY48g via @Mondoweiss, 5 hours ago
- Story behind a photo - Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem http://t.co/0UZkQMevP1, 5 hours ago
- Exile and the prophetic: The Jewish Identity Network http://t.co/UPuEQQgkjI, 9 hours ago
- Trauma begins at home http://t.co/on36d4DzxP, 9 hours ago
- CNN’s Tapper lends himself to claustrophobic discussion of unicorn– Israel’s survival as ‘a Jewish democracy’ http://t.co/GAK5ZiP9jt, 9 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem (7)
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be (25)
- Philip Weiss: let’s start with Robert Cohn, Fagin, Twain’s essay against the Jews. There’s a Jew...
- PeaceThroughJustice: “Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Tolstoy, Ernest Hemingway, they all caricatured Jews....
- subconscious: In situations of political or military conflict, demonization of the official enemy is the norm. It...
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (69)
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (18)
- NoMoreIsrael: Not only was there no accountability for US-Israeli crimes against humanity in Central America, the...
- CNN’s Tapper lends himself to claustrophobic discussion of unicorn– Israel’s survival as ‘a Jewish democracy’ (8)
- Denis: This Tapper guy is no mental slouch. He knows where he is. On the third day of the non-stop Boston bombing...
- Video: Soldiers aim guns at fallen boy’s head outside West Bank settlement (14)
- tree: Cliff, you can access up to 10 Haaretz articles per month with a simple registration, no payment necessary. If...
- Philip Weiss
- Adam Horowitz
- Marc H. Ellis
- Alex Kane
- Annie Robbins
- Today in Palestine
- Allison Deger
Tag Archives: IDF
Men should not be killed while walking to their village water well
The IDF’s spin doctors are at it again. They claim Mustafa Tamimi’s death was an “exceptional” incident, but this doesn’t hold up under scrutiny.
Nabi Saleh and Gaza came under attack by the Israeli army today. One protester in Nabi Saleh is in critical condition, while 4 have been killed in Gaza.
As someone who spends a lot of time performing critical analysis of the press as well as studying propaganda in general, there are occasionally stories which prick my interest. A couple of days ago, a story appeared on the IDF Spokesperson’s … Continue reading
The Israeli army, the New York Times and Ynet all said or suggested yesterday that the Israeli army was teargassing demonstrators, including Jawaher Abu Rahmah, 36, who was killed, because of demonstrator violence; and the outlets were all quickly discredited … Continue reading
Jeb al Theeb, a small West Bank village south of Bethlehem, is under constant threat by the illegal Israeli settlements surrounding it. The small house we called home for a month had a view of the so-called Lieberman Road, which … Continue reading
Roger Cohen praises Fayyad, and pushes the Obama-Clinton efforts. The settlement deal with Netanyahu is “positive but a detail.” (I’m not sure what he means by that.) His take on the Palestinian change of attitude reminds me a little of … Continue reading
My nephew will be called up some time in the next few weeks to begin his three-year stint in the Israeli army. He is not my first nephew to reach draft age. My brother’s four oldest sons have all passed … Continue reading
A number of friends have pointed out a slightly-unsettling-in-a-way-you-can’t-put-your-finger-on-it aspect of the 60 Minutes piece last Sunday night on occupied East Jerusalem: the affable spokesman for the religious occupiers, with an American accent, is one Doron Spielman. And Doron Spielman … Continue reading
Is Israel a good counter-terrorism role model for the US? This question has been on my mind ever since the morning of September 12, 2001, when professors in two consecutive lecture classes told us first-year law students that we needn’t … Continue reading
When 91 year old Ibrahim Abu Sayed left his home near Beit Hanoun in northern Gaza, yesterday morning, in order to check on his land and his animals which graze next to the remains of his former home, he took … Continue reading
My post about nonviolence vs. violence and the Gaza Flotilla unleashed a heated debate. Max Ajl, David Bromwich, Robin Yassin-Kassab, Ken O’Keefe elsewhere, Max Ajl again, and Norman Finkelstein outside this forum have spilled many impassioned electrons on this topic, not to mention … Continue reading