- Students post eviction notices at U of Michigan dorms, draw … 5
- Mockupation Israel: IDF trains in Ashkelon playground because it ‘looks … 3
- Israeli government kills plan to uproot Bedouin 6
- Brandeis profs take side of ‘courageous’ Al Quds president, against … 6
- Swarthmore Hillel should invite Blumenthal and Abulhawa into the schoolhouse … 3
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more … 14
- From the Royal Albert Concert Hall to an Israeli Dungeon: … 15
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t … 43
- Remember Mandela’s actions, Kerry urges Palestinians and Israelis 0
- Man of zeal? 0
- Fallows: A free society must reckon with Blumenthal’s book, as … 0
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 0
- Kerry threatens to delay Palestinian prisoner release if PA refuses … 0
- On Human Rights Day, stop the blank check to Israel 0
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 0
- Honor Mandela by viewing Palestine with the same moral clarity … 0
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 145
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 120
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 88
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Man of zeal? 85
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 83
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- RT @UpsideDownTweet: Mexicans Against Zionism http://t.co/UdVbW2UdS5, 33 mins ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: @Mondoweiss @sjabulhawa I'm on board and Susan is in Philly. What do you say @SwatHillel?, 2 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: The People, 1; Gatekeepers, 0 -- I was just informed that Goliath has been selling steadily and will enter a second printing in mid-January., 2 hours ago
- RT @ibnezra: Thinking about starting a Tumblr blog called: "Israel's Wall, in snow." Here is the first post. http://t.co/Is1dOUTPpz, 3 hours ago
- RT @AliAbunimah: There will not be a popular intifada before the Palestinian Authority is dissolved, writes @IyadBurnat http://t.co/Z5fPwFcD6r via @intifada, 3 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more than Obama (14)
- seafoid: The one thing that links dem and gop voters is that the plutocrats shaft them equally 24/7. American voters...
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream (35)
- Bumblebye: Here in the UK they blight our supermarkets too – Asda (Walmart) stocks them (and the box also says...
- Tuyzentfloot: I checked one of the boxes and saw the device was “made in Israel”.I did the same in a belgian...
- HarryLaw: See also, Who profits, SodaStream, a case study for corporate activity in illegal Israel settlements....
- Israeli government kills plan to uproot Bedouin (6)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “Israeli government kills plan to uproot Bedouin” MY COMMENT: I doubt that the plan...
- Students post eviction notices at U of Michigan dorms, draw attention to Palestinian plight (5)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “[M]embers of Students Allied for Freedom and Equality (SAFE) dispersed the notices in the...
- Mockupation Israel: IDF trains in Ashkelon playground because it ‘looks like Gaza’ (3)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “We’re reported extensively on IDF training exercises in the West Bank. Large swaths of...
- Brandeis profs take side of ‘courageous’ Al Quds president, against their own president (6)
- Talkback: Bellamy salute in the US: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Bellamy_salute
- After attending Mandela’s memorial, Knesset member’s blood rejected in gov’t drive because she is African (43)
- Bill Keller says neocons are warmongers who trust Netanyahu more than Obama (14)
Tag Archives: Israel
Ben White Begins U.S. & Canada Speaking Tour Nov. 11-25, despite opposition from the Daily News
Letter to Obama: Don’t visit Nativity Church in Bethlehem, witness Separation Wall & refugee camps instead
Munther Isaac, director of the “Christ at the Checkpoint Conference” and faculty member at the Bethlehem Bible College has written an open letter to President Obama on his upcoming visit to Bethlehem.
One of the more remarkable yet less remarked upon moments of the recent Israeli massacre in Gaza came when the Qassam Brigades gave a press conference on 17 November. They had a message for the Israeli public: “It was your leadership,” they said, “that dragged you into this and into the shelters to score cheap political points.” What’s truly stunning is that the Qassam Brigades were making an open anti-government appeal to the people of Israel.
With the news that the UN General Assembly has voted 138-9 to accept Palestine as a “non-member observer state,” fireworks erupted and horns honked in Gaza. Finally, Palestinians were feeling as if they were having their day in the sun.
As Israel continues to pound the Gaza Strip, and factions within the beleaguered territory retaliate as best they can, there are many myths and stereotypes dominating mainstream media coverage, and many conversations. Here are a few of the most common misunderstandings.
While Israel — cheered on by its American boosters led by AIPAC and Mitt Romney — beats the drums for a war against Iran, President Obama in late July signed the United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act — hardly a … Continue reading
Under the misleading headline “How America Can Slow Israel’s March to War,” former White House official/former and current Israel lobbyist Dennis Ross delivers a prescription for the opposite: Second, America should begin discussions with the permanent members of the United … Continue reading
The pain of Cast Lead is still festering, just beneath the surface in Gaza. It is evident in the estimated 6,500 amputees you see almost everywhere — some begging, others going about their everyday lives. One of the lasting stories of Cast Lead that haunts me the most is the fate of 11-year-old Amal al-Samouni.
There are so many basic things most of us take for granted….like, electricity. But in Gaza — especially these days — it’s a precious commodity.
An activist recounts attempting to enter Gaza through both the Israeli and Egyptian borders.
Bennett Ramberg, formerly of GHW Bush’s State Department, now a purported expert on international relations, offers this unsettling prediction/threat in the New York Times’s Jan. 25th print edition: If Jerusalem really believes that a nuclear-armed Tehran poses an existential threat –– … Continue reading
Men should not be killed while walking to their village water well
Italian construction firm Pizzarotti is stupefied, bewildered, stunned. In an article on today’s Corriere della Sera, Italy’s top newspaper, covering Deutsche Bahn’s withdrawal from the Israeli project for a high-speed train line that cuts through the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Michele … Continue reading
I have a confession. I love the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. I can, and often do, read it for hours. It is a treasure trove, home to some of the best propaganda on the planet. The MFA website … Continue reading
Dear Mr. John Daggett, Oshkosh Corporation spokesman. The following item is from Defense Professional News:
Irrelevant Quartet diplomat Tony Blair says: Israel needs to ‘accelerate and deepen’ measures to build Palestinian confidence that a state is in the offing… …While all the while, Israel continues to accelerate and deepen measures to steal Palestinian land and … Continue reading
Sneak Peak: The editors’ note from The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict
The following is an adapted excerpt of the Editors’ Note from The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict. The book will be available on January 11, and you can pre-order it here. Reports come … Continue reading
As fifty children lose their homes under the auspices of the Supreme Court the question should be asked: Does the Supreme Court act in the service of a racist ideology in the spirit of Rabbi Eliyahu and his cohorts? One … Continue reading
671 ‘New York Times’ readers recommend letter calling Israel a ‘fascist state’ that is dragging us down
One of those signs that is sure to send a chill through the Israel lobby. A couple of days ago Roger Cohen did an anguished Op-Ed for the New York Times about the American Jewish community’s intolerance of criticism of … Continue reading
Max Blumenthal has an important new piece for the Electronic Intifada on the Carmel fire and what it reveals about Israel’s history and current politics. From The Carmel wildfire is burning all illusions in Israel: Among the towns that have … Continue reading
Message to Vieux Farka Touré: Colonialism is colonialism, whether it happens in West Africa or Palestine
I was greatly disappointed to learn that Vieux Farka Touré performed last week at the Tel Aviv Opera House on November 26, 2010. The son of the late, world-renowned Malian guitarist and singer Ali Farka Touré, Vieux Farka Touré has … Continue reading
Despite Israel’s international call for aid to help fight the raging wildfires in the north of the country, the Israeli army had plenty of extra soldiers to suppress the weekly unarmed demonstrations in Nabi Saleh, Ni’ilin and Bil’in. Instead of … Continue reading
I try to give the people what they want (I’ve been a news guy most of my life), and a lot of people are talking about the cable on Wikileaks from Tel Aviv a year ago about all the organized … Continue reading
This Friday’s demonstration took place as a protest against the Wall, the settlements, and the Israeli practices of occupation, deportation and exclusion. A large group marched after Friday prayers from the center of the village toward the target areas of … Continue reading
Nearly 5 years ago Scott McConnell sent me Walt and Mearsheimer’s famous LRB paper on the Israel lobby and I ran around the house saying it was high noon for the lobby. Well, noon has stretched out over many years. … Continue reading