- Hillary Clinton just lost the White House in Gaza — … 22
- The day the settlers left: Gaza during the ‘Disengagement’ 6
- Soldiers fire on Palestinian protesters in Nablus, including 14-year-old boy 0
- As Salaita’s case becomes a cause, U of Illinois issues … 9
- A visit to the East Jerusalem hospital treating children injured … 21
- Coming Soon: A new Mondoweiss 19
- Jodi Rudoren loves a winner 36
- ‘Ads Against Apartheid’ is going national 14
- Ari Shavit calls out every brutality, except the ones Israel … 0
- We must disrupt the status quo (and that’s why I … 0
- What’s 7 letters and begins with Z and runs in … 0
- At least 20 Palestinians killed as Israel resumes attacks on … 0
- Dead American soldier in IDF signed up to fight global … 0
- Salaita’s stellar teaching record exposes political motivation behind his firing 0
- ‘Absolutely not!’ — Young Colorado Jews meet hostility when they … 0
- In Gaza havens are far, heavens are closer 0
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means … 210
- Democratic Party leader echoes Netanyahu’s new theme: Hamas equals ISIS 112
- ‘Common Dreams’ website traps Hasbara troll spewing anti-Semitism 108
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- Hillary Clinton’s 11th-hour diplomacy 80
- Air strikes and rocket fire resume as Gaza negotiations collapse 78
- In Photos: Thousands pack Rafah streets for funeral of top … 78
- A visit to the East Jerusalem hospital treating children injured by Israeli strikes on Gaz... - http://t.co/i9qjS6IdYH, 5 hours ago
- RT @ChrisGunness: Condemn the killing of 1st Israeli child in this conflict. Condemn killing of nearly 500 children in Gaza RT, 8 hours ago
- Video: Chicago Jewish activists disrupt Rahm Emanuel, Michael Oren at Israel fundraiser http://t.co/tGAOpJwwTX via @intifada, 21 hours ago
- RT @sareemakdisi: UIUC Chancellor on firing @stevesalaita: she doesn't even do him the "courtesy" of directly accusing him of anything http://t.co/zVwbRAKKcc, 21 hours ago
- .@TonyLerman declares "The End of Liberal Zionism" in @nytimes op-ed calling on Jews to push for equal rights http://t.co/Llleotj5Cr, 21 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts’ (57)
- AbigailOK: @Michtom +1 and then some!
- Despite ravages of war, Gaza supports armed resistance to lift the siege (20)
- Salaita’s stellar teaching record exposes political motivation behind his firing (33)
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means killing children’ (140)
- Anti-occupation activists in New York blast United Jewish Appeal for supporting attacks on Gaza (11)
- just: Antony Loewenstein: “…In the global Jewish diaspora, dissent against Israel of this magnitude is a...
- Ari Shavit calls out every brutality, except the ones Israel is complicit in (38)
- jon s: Ari Shavit has a piece today on the rise of Antisemitism: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion /.premium-1.611665
- Four arrested after occupying Senator Feinstein’s LA office to protest military aid (3)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “Four arrested after occupying Senator Feinstein’s LA office to protest military aid”...
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts’ (57)
Tag Archives: Israel
Ben White Begins U.S. & Canada Speaking Tour Nov. 11-25, despite opposition from the Daily News
Letter to Obama: Don’t visit Nativity Church in Bethlehem, witness Separation Wall & refugee camps instead
Munther Isaac, director of the “Christ at the Checkpoint Conference” and faculty member at the Bethlehem Bible College has written an open letter to President Obama on his upcoming visit to Bethlehem.
One of the more remarkable yet less remarked upon moments of the recent Israeli massacre in Gaza came when the Qassam Brigades gave a press conference on 17 November. They had a message for the Israeli public: “It was your leadership,” they said, “that dragged you into this and into the shelters to score cheap political points.” What’s truly stunning is that the Qassam Brigades were making an open anti-government appeal to the people of Israel.
With the news that the UN General Assembly has voted 138-9 to accept Palestine as a “non-member observer state,” fireworks erupted and horns honked in Gaza. Finally, Palestinians were feeling as if they were having their day in the sun.
As Israel continues to pound the Gaza Strip, and factions within the beleaguered territory retaliate as best they can, there are many myths and stereotypes dominating mainstream media coverage, and many conversations. Here are a few of the most common misunderstandings.
While Israel — cheered on by its American boosters led by AIPAC and Mitt Romney — beats the drums for a war against Iran, President Obama in late July signed the United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act — hardly a … Continue reading
The pain of Cast Lead is still festering, just beneath the surface in Gaza. It is evident in the estimated 6,500 amputees you see almost everywhere — some begging, others going about their everyday lives. One of the lasting stories of Cast Lead that haunts me the most is the fate of 11-year-old Amal al-Samouni.
There are so many basic things most of us take for granted….like, electricity. But in Gaza — especially these days — it’s a precious commodity.
An activist recounts attempting to enter Gaza through both the Israeli and Egyptian borders.
Bennett Ramberg, formerly of GHW Bush’s State Department, now a purported expert on international relations, offers this unsettling prediction/threat in the New York Times’s Jan. 25th print edition: If Jerusalem really believes that a nuclear-armed Tehran poses an existential threat –– … Continue reading
Men should not be killed while walking to their village water well
Italian construction firm Pizzarotti is stupefied, bewildered, stunned. In an article on today’s Corriere della Sera, Italy’s top newspaper, covering Deutsche Bahn’s withdrawal from the Israeli project for a high-speed train line that cuts through the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Michele … Continue reading
I have a confession. I love the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. I can, and often do, read it for hours. It is a treasure trove, home to some of the best propaganda on the planet. The MFA website … Continue reading
Dear Mr. John Daggett, Oshkosh Corporation spokesman. The following item is from Defense Professional News:
Irrelevant Quartet diplomat Tony Blair says: Israel needs to ‘accelerate and deepen’ measures to build Palestinian confidence that a state is in the offing… …While all the while, Israel continues to accelerate and deepen measures to steal Palestinian land and … Continue reading
Sneak Peak: The editors’ note from The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict
The following is an adapted excerpt of the Editors’ Note from The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict. The book will be available on January 11, and you can pre-order it here. Reports come … Continue reading
As fifty children lose their homes under the auspices of the Supreme Court the question should be asked: Does the Supreme Court act in the service of a racist ideology in the spirit of Rabbi Eliyahu and his cohorts? One … Continue reading
671 ‘New York Times’ readers recommend letter calling Israel a ‘fascist state’ that is dragging us down
One of those signs that is sure to send a chill through the Israel lobby. A couple of days ago Roger Cohen did an anguished Op-Ed for the New York Times about the American Jewish community’s intolerance of criticism of … Continue reading
Max Blumenthal has an important new piece for the Electronic Intifada on the Carmel fire and what it reveals about Israel’s history and current politics. From The Carmel wildfire is burning all illusions in Israel: Among the towns that have … Continue reading
Message to Vieux Farka Touré: Colonialism is colonialism, whether it happens in West Africa or Palestine
I was greatly disappointed to learn that Vieux Farka Touré performed last week at the Tel Aviv Opera House on November 26, 2010. The son of the late, world-renowned Malian guitarist and singer Ali Farka Touré, Vieux Farka Touré has … Continue reading
Despite Israel’s international call for aid to help fight the raging wildfires in the north of the country, the Israeli army had plenty of extra soldiers to suppress the weekly unarmed demonstrations in Nabi Saleh, Ni’ilin and Bil’in. Instead of … Continue reading
I try to give the people what they want (I’ve been a news guy most of my life), and a lot of people are talking about the cable on Wikileaks from Tel Aviv a year ago about all the organized … Continue reading
This Friday’s demonstration took place as a protest against the Wall, the settlements, and the Israeli practices of occupation, deportation and exclusion. A large group marched after Friday prayers from the center of the village toward the target areas of … Continue reading
Nearly 5 years ago Scott McConnell sent me Walt and Mearsheimer’s famous LRB paper on the Israel lobby and I ran around the house saying it was high noon for the lobby. Well, noon has stretched out over many years. … Continue reading