- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 15
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 33
- Resurrecting Passover? 24
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 170
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate 3
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 64
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 77
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 14
- You know Israel’s in trouble when ‘NYT’ runs op-ed saying … 0
- It’s time to reveal the Israeli role in the US … 0
- ‘Secret’ London conference seeks to link BDS to… terrorism 0
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 0
- China Miéville: It’s become a cliche to talk about Palestine … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Passover for Palestine 0
- A prayer for Passover 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 170
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- ‘Poof’ — Kerry blames Israel for breakdown of talks (Updated) 144
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- RT @ChemiShalev: Mondoweiss: The excellence of Shalev’s interview is that he comes off as petty and Walt seems big. http://t.co/5q1uZ6VH13, 6 hours ago
- RT @MaxBlumenthal: Hillel expels and condemns anti-Zionist Jews but welcomes evangelical Christian End Timers with open arms: http://t.co/5a5oi1fESb, 6 hours ago
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile http://t.co/U92Y4MGemY, 9 hours ago
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving in US gov’t http://t.co/IBkp1QtiTc, 14 hours ago
- RT @DaliaHatuqa: Israel's 7-year blockade of Gaza the "longest in history," says new UNRWA head Pierre Krahenbuhl. http://t.co/PaCLN8nQXr, 16 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving in US gov’t (33)
- Resurrecting Passover? (24)
- Walid: “You have a fierce moral clarity and my respect,” Keith, there is no doubt about that; I feel...
- Walid: W. Jones, what the Puritans did to the Indians was chickenshit compared to what they had done to the Irish...
- yonah fredman: Walid- I am not proud of Deir Yassin and Tantura. But I think that if all you’re going to do is...
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (15)
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel (77)
Tag Archives: Israel
Ben White Begins U.S. & Canada Speaking Tour Nov. 11-25, despite opposition from the Daily News
Letter to Obama: Don’t visit Nativity Church in Bethlehem, witness Separation Wall & refugee camps instead
Munther Isaac, director of the “Christ at the Checkpoint Conference” and faculty member at the Bethlehem Bible College has written an open letter to President Obama on his upcoming visit to Bethlehem.
One of the more remarkable yet less remarked upon moments of the recent Israeli massacre in Gaza came when the Qassam Brigades gave a press conference on 17 November. They had a message for the Israeli public: “It was your leadership,” they said, “that dragged you into this and into the shelters to score cheap political points.” What’s truly stunning is that the Qassam Brigades were making an open anti-government appeal to the people of Israel.
With the news that the UN General Assembly has voted 138-9 to accept Palestine as a “non-member observer state,” fireworks erupted and horns honked in Gaza. Finally, Palestinians were feeling as if they were having their day in the sun.
As Israel continues to pound the Gaza Strip, and factions within the beleaguered territory retaliate as best they can, there are many myths and stereotypes dominating mainstream media coverage, and many conversations. Here are a few of the most common misunderstandings.
While Israel — cheered on by its American boosters led by AIPAC and Mitt Romney — beats the drums for a war against Iran, President Obama in late July signed the United States-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act — hardly a … Continue reading
Under the misleading headline “How America Can Slow Israel’s March to War,” former White House official/former and current Israel lobbyist Dennis Ross delivers a prescription for the opposite: Second, America should begin discussions with the permanent members of the United … Continue reading
The pain of Cast Lead is still festering, just beneath the surface in Gaza. It is evident in the estimated 6,500 amputees you see almost everywhere — some begging, others going about their everyday lives. One of the lasting stories of Cast Lead that haunts me the most is the fate of 11-year-old Amal al-Samouni.
There are so many basic things most of us take for granted….like, electricity. But in Gaza — especially these days — it’s a precious commodity.
An activist recounts attempting to enter Gaza through both the Israeli and Egyptian borders.
Bennett Ramberg, formerly of GHW Bush’s State Department, now a purported expert on international relations, offers this unsettling prediction/threat in the New York Times’s Jan. 25th print edition: If Jerusalem really believes that a nuclear-armed Tehran poses an existential threat –– … Continue reading
Men should not be killed while walking to their village water well
Italian construction firm Pizzarotti is stupefied, bewildered, stunned. In an article on today’s Corriere della Sera, Italy’s top newspaper, covering Deutsche Bahn’s withdrawal from the Israeli project for a high-speed train line that cuts through the Occupied Palestinian Territories, Michele … Continue reading
I have a confession. I love the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs website. I can, and often do, read it for hours. It is a treasure trove, home to some of the best propaganda on the planet. The MFA website … Continue reading
Dear Mr. John Daggett, Oshkosh Corporation spokesman. The following item is from Defense Professional News:
Irrelevant Quartet diplomat Tony Blair says: Israel needs to ‘accelerate and deepen’ measures to build Palestinian confidence that a state is in the offing… …While all the while, Israel continues to accelerate and deepen measures to steal Palestinian land and … Continue reading
Sneak Peak: The editors’ note from The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict
The following is an adapted excerpt of the Editors’ Note from The Goldstone Report: The Legacy of the Landmark Investigation of the Gaza Conflict. The book will be available on January 11, and you can pre-order it here. Reports come … Continue reading
As fifty children lose their homes under the auspices of the Supreme Court the question should be asked: Does the Supreme Court act in the service of a racist ideology in the spirit of Rabbi Eliyahu and his cohorts? One … Continue reading
671 ‘New York Times’ readers recommend letter calling Israel a ‘fascist state’ that is dragging us down
One of those signs that is sure to send a chill through the Israel lobby. A couple of days ago Roger Cohen did an anguished Op-Ed for the New York Times about the American Jewish community’s intolerance of criticism of … Continue reading
Max Blumenthal has an important new piece for the Electronic Intifada on the Carmel fire and what it reveals about Israel’s history and current politics. From The Carmel wildfire is burning all illusions in Israel: Among the towns that have … Continue reading
Message to Vieux Farka Touré: Colonialism is colonialism, whether it happens in West Africa or Palestine
I was greatly disappointed to learn that Vieux Farka Touré performed last week at the Tel Aviv Opera House on November 26, 2010. The son of the late, world-renowned Malian guitarist and singer Ali Farka Touré, Vieux Farka Touré has … Continue reading
Despite Israel’s international call for aid to help fight the raging wildfires in the north of the country, the Israeli army had plenty of extra soldiers to suppress the weekly unarmed demonstrations in Nabi Saleh, Ni’ilin and Bil’in. Instead of … Continue reading
I try to give the people what they want (I’ve been a news guy most of my life), and a lot of people are talking about the cable on Wikileaks from Tel Aviv a year ago about all the organized … Continue reading
This Friday’s demonstration took place as a protest against the Wall, the settlements, and the Israeli practices of occupation, deportation and exclusion. A large group marched after Friday prayers from the center of the village toward the target areas of … Continue reading
Nearly 5 years ago Scott McConnell sent me Walt and Mearsheimer’s famous LRB paper on the Israel lobby and I ran around the house saying it was high noon for the lobby. Well, noon has stretched out over many years. … Continue reading