- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall … 2
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached … 3
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question 4
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 14
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of … 16
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations 5
- As Israel’s occupation drags on, boycotts are one way forward 1
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 12
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 796
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 230
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 111
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 103
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 75
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 84
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 74
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Dershowitz should stop lying about Tutu’s record 56
- RT @ggreenwald: From AJ Editor RT @hash_said @WHarkavy It was a temporary glitch. It's back up., 8 hours ago
- RT @WHarkavy: .@Mondoweiss @ggreenwald Right now, at least, column and editor's note aren't on Al Jazeera site. Here's an alt link http://t…, 9 hours ago
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question http://t.co/dezeLR7gp1, 9 hours ago
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached to issue in U.S. http://t.co/LCs1vTVK44, 9 hours ago
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day http://t.co/jV4CaYbOnE, 9 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (14)
- W.Jones: Annie, If given a choice between the two, I think generally people would pick the Israeli...
- W.Jones: The biggest change I can see is in the radical left in America. Most often people I talk with from it are...
- American: This is interesting also…..that CNI has been asked to speak to Tea Party meetings. I don’t...
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (12)
- Inanna: What the article misses is the larger history of Jewish life in the Arab-Muslim world and some articulation...
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US Special Envoy on anti-Semitism (16)
- New York City Council official urges Brooklyn College to hire ‘professor from Israel’ (22)
- RoHa: “A New York statute forbidding permanent certification as a public school teacher of any person who is...
- RoHa: “Who’s got the power in a relationship where you know your professor is ardently pro-Palestinian,...
- Abdul-Rahman: “Jewish students feel that professors are biased against Israel, the Jewish Week recently...
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question (4)
- irmep: Not to be too vulgar, but here in DC that is now called “Getting Diane Reemed.” WAMU hosts...
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (14)
Our WritersMore Writers
Tag Archives: J Street
Malcolm Hoenlein blasts J Street as “irresponsible” for advocating diplomacy over war with Iran, while prominent Jewish leaders contemplate the use of nuclear weapons on Iran.
J Street President says that Palestinian human rights is not his portfolio
When the liberal “pro-Israel, pro-peace” lobby J Street launched in 2008, it was big news. Coupled with a new presidential administration pledging sustained engagement on Israel/Palestine, the thought many had was that this was the moment a lasting peace deal … Continue reading
Egyptian journalist Mona Eltahawy’s speech at the J Street conference was more than just another good speech–it’s a further indication of the shift in discourse on the Middle East following the uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt and around the region. Slowly … Continue reading
‘Progressive Zionist’ group in U.S. calls for settlement boycott (while J Street continues to refuse to)
The liberal Zionist organization Meretz USA is calling on American Jews and Israelis to boycott West Bank settlements. While distancing itself from the Palestinian-led boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement, the statement represents a significant stand among left-leaning American Zionist … Continue reading
The truth that the ‘Palestine Papers’ has broken into the mainstream: Israel is the obstacle to peace
The release of the “Palestine Papers,” Al Jazeera’s leak of thousands of documents relating to Israeli-Palestinian negotiations, is creating space in the American mainstream for this central truth: it is Israel’s fault that there has not been a peace agreement … Continue reading
‘J Street’ honorably opposes McCarthyism in Israeli civil society (but what about ethnically-cleansed Palestinians?)
The other day J Street’s Jeremy Ben-Ami sent me another entreaty to help him “save Israel.” This one was grabbed a little more of my attention than the last one. Matthew — Yesterday, in a move ripped from Joe McCarthy’s … Continue reading
Another J Street fundraising pitch lands in my inbox: Matthew — “What If Israel Ceases to Be a Democracy?” was the provocative headline of a must-read Monday blog post by the Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg imagining the unthinkable in Israel… His … Continue reading
J Street: ‘Right wing activists and donors regularly intimidate Jewish communal institutions’ re Israel
The cancellation by a Reform synagogue in Newton MA of a J Street event tonight has had a salutary effect. Some folks are speaking out. J Street has started a petition for more open discussion in the Jewish community:
Astonishing. A J Street event is cancelled by a Reform Newton synagogue due to fierce opposition by a small group inside the congregation. And they have money. This is why Barney Frank has said that he can’t come out against … Continue reading
Josh Block used to work at AIPAC (and before that for Edward Kennedy). He just left the organization and, freed from institutional restraint, teed off on J Street, and J Street knocked him back. And now Block has gone back … Continue reading
Eli Clifton at Lobelog says that Bill Kristol and his neocon outfit, the Emergency Committee for Israel, had little traction in the midterm election; and that Jews continue to vote Democratic, and Iran and Israel are not big issues for … Continue reading
This is important and I’ve been sitting on it, sorry. Four points: –Caterpillar has temporarily stopped delivering bulldozers to Israel. JPost: Caterpillar, the company which supplies the IDF with bulldozers, has announced that it is delaying the supply of D9 … Continue reading
Good reporting by the Washington Jewish Week’s Adam Kredo on the Donna Edwards flap we reported on yesterday. Notice the pressure on gritty tough Donna Edwards to toe the line. I think you can’t bend that lady’s mind; so t’s … Continue reading
Rep. Baird: ‘J Street’ threatened to end support for Rep. Edwards over meeting with ‘New Policy’ group
Wow. The fat is in the fire; and the litmus tests of the American Jewish community are being publicly scrutinized. Here is a video on C-Span of Congressman Brian Baird yesterday, criticizing J Street for reportedly assailing Congresswoman Donna Edwards’s … Continue reading
Yesterday I caught some of Andrew Sullivan’s appearance on Charlie Rose from the night before. He said he had stopped attending Catholic mass because the child abuse scandal sickened him, he said the church hierarchy was corrupted by it and … Continue reading
Two weeks ago neocons launched an attack on J Street by publishing the unsurprising revelation that the alternative Jewish lobby had gotten money from George Soros. The Washington Times declared that the Obama administration was distancing itself from J Street– … Continue reading
The dueling ads for the Senate race in Pennsylvania by J Street and neo-conservative outfit the Emergency Committee for Israel, headed by William Kristol, has media outlets talking about a “proxy fight over President Obama’s Middle East policy, for the … Continue reading