- In ’68, Italo Calvino said the only solution in Palestine … 4
- Setting a dangerous precedent: 16-year-old Ali Shamlawi faces 25 counts … 3
- ‘No consequences… ad finitum’ — Reporters reject State Dep’t explanation … 13
- Rob’t Kraft accuses Putin 8 years later– why now? 10
- Exile and the Prophetic: Bought and sold 3
- Report: Tel Aviv University collaborating with settler organization in East … 0
- Israel stirs the pot in Syria 5
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left … 18
- ‘Girls on Fire’ tell Alicia Keys — Don’t play Apartheid … 195
- End your illusion: Israeli government will never implement a two-state … 170
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 134
- An Israeli veteran comes forward to decry ‘how shitty we … 93
- House committee votes to give Israel another 1/2 billion in … 93
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to … 90
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 87
- World Bank, the PA and Israel work together to confiscate … 83
- End your illusion: Israeli government will never implement a two-state … 178
- The kids are back, and it’s not alright 126
- The horror: ‘Breaking the Silence’ releases women’s frightful testimonies of … 126
- Approaching 60, Norman Finkelstein reflects 116
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit … 92
- The MSM tries to distinguish between Manning and Snowden. Don’t … 86
- Palestinian activist Abir Kopty: Oslo should go, the peace process … 85
- I’ve got Mohammed Assaf fever 72
- Palestinian activist .@AbirKopty: Oslo should go, the peace process serves Israeli interests http://t.co/DryGxFv7iq, 1 hour ago
- In ’68, Italo Calvino said the only solution in Palestine is ‘the revolutionary road’ http://t.co/B94HPkIlWZ, 1 hour ago
- Will Rush Holt– who questioned Israel’s policy of ‘total devastation’ in Gaza– stand by Palestine in NJ Senate race? http://t.co/63jvnCY1yA, 1 hour ago
- Meet the Israeli-linked firm that sold Big Brother machines to Mubarak, Qaddafi – and Washington http://t.co/8yF3twZDfE, 1 hour ago
- Fmr French FM reportedly says Israel seeks to ‘destroy’ Syria (and any other neighbor it can’t get along with) http://t.co/q8XHauPcqt, 1 hour ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Looking for ‘a new devil,’ Israeli leaders and supporters left scrambling after election of moderate Rouhani (18)
- Hillary’s court is the Israel lobby (20)
- Hostage: In sum, Daily Show audience is younger, better educated, more politically aware–and, I assume, much smaller...
- Weiner should be ‘hounded’ for his support for apartheid (49)
- gamal: Annie courage mon brave, but what would we do without you? because of your goodheart you can keep my gate any...
- Taxi: annie, There’s a very serious problem with the mod pace on mw. It didn’t used to be THIS bad...
- Annie Robbins: Unfortunately, for all your desire to act as the ultimate gatekeeper of opinions i was so upset when...
- Israel stirs the pot in Syria (5)
- Donald: “A strong Assad means Syria will continue to play a pivotal role in maintaining a military front...
- US and Israel are accused of manipulating Hague to acquit accused Serb and Croat leaders (98)
- Hostage: P.S. Here’s a link to the cable which shows that Meron was deeply involved in discussions about the...
- Hostage: In your view is this more likely a heated dispute over the legal standard of proof in highly controversial...
- Hostage: Fascinating discussion. Hostage, as the main contributor, just exactly where do you come down on the...
Our WritersMore Writers
Tag Archives: Park 51
As part of our summer fundraiser we are very excited to offer the book “Islamophobia and the Politics of Empire” as a thank you gift. Alex Kane sits down with author Deepa Kumar to discuss “liberal Islamophobia,” Obama’s wars, the anti-mosque movement and the long history of anti-Muslim sentiment.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center consults with the Obama administration on issues of anti-Semitism. The center has no business policing discourse on bigotry when its actions and discourse are anti-Muslim.
A coalition of progressive Jewish organizations on both coasts yesterday slammed the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s honoring of the civil rights-era Freedom Riders while “engaging in anti-Muslim bigotry that is no less destructive than that against which the Freedom Riders protested,” … Continue reading
Michael Bloomberg and New York’s Muslims: a lesson in how Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations
Ever since Lawrence Swaim of the California-based Interfaith Freedom Foundation articulated his valuable insight to me that the question of Israel courses through Jewish-Muslim relations, I’ve been coming across stories that fit into that theme. In general, strong support for … Continue reading
Last Friday at NYU, Noah Feldman, the terrifyingly-successful Harvard Law School professor and former Iraq war apparatchik, raised one of the central points in the pro-Israel argument when he said in essence that the Palestinians are not ready for democracy. … Continue reading
Jewish groups denounce ‘Museum of Tolerance’ builder Simon Wiesenthal Center for support of Islamophobia
A coalition of four Jewish groups, backed by a wide array of peace and justice organizations, held a demonstration Sept. 16 outside the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s Museum of Tolerance in New York, denouncing the organization’s opposition to the Islamic community … Continue reading
Shariah: The Threat to America, a report released by the Center for Security Policy in Washington DC on Wednesday, is an attempt to provide a veneer of seriousness in support of the hysterical ravings of people like Pamela Geller. The … Continue reading
It should come as no surprise that elected officials are aiding and abetting anti-Muslim sentiment in the U.S., especially with mid-term elections nearby. But it was still a little shocking to read Think Progress national security blogger Matt Duss’ post … Continue reading
Benjamin Sarlin follows up on the ongoing Marty Peretz controversy for the Daily Beast. He reports: Robert Paul Wolff, a professor at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst who is being honored at the same event as Peretz, joined in the criticism. … Continue reading
Thousands rallied in Manhattan’s City Hall Park, near the site of Ground Zero, on the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks to denounce anti-Muslim bigotry, while blocks away an equal number demonstrated against the proposed Cordoba House Islamic … Continue reading
A month after the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), the “nation’s premier civil rights” agency (in their words), came out against building an Islamic community center blocks away from Ground Zero because “building [it] in the shadow of the World Trade Center … Continue reading
Yesterday, the Washington Post profiled some of the "conservative writers and bloggers critical of Islam" that have been fueling the national uproar over the proposed Muslim community center that would sit two-and-a-half blocks away from Ground Zero. Michelle Boorstein looks … Continue reading