Photo: Tovah Lazaroff/ Jerusalem Post
Ahead of a High Court order to evacuate the illegal outpost of Migon by Tuesday, Israeli police carried out the evacuation in the West Bank today. Migron was built on land stolen from Palestinian owners.
The price tag youth who were in the colony are only moving a few miles away to another hilltop.
Last month 17 of the families petitioned the High Court to remain, claiming they had bought the land.
The court rejected that claim, but said that the structure on lot 10 could remain until the investigation into the purchase claim was completed.
In the days leading up to the evacuation, Migron residents held multiple meetings seeking consensus on how the community should respond to the order.
In the end, they agreed that each family should decide for themselves how they wanted to leave.
Binyamin Regional Council deputy head Motti Yogevn said that some 12 to 15 families had vacated quietly overnight.
He added that they had gone briefly to the nearby Ofra settlement and from there they planned to move to a new modular site prepared for them, two kilometers away from Migron by the Psagot winery.
During the night several dozen teen activists headed to the outpost. Some placed stones and tires across the entryway to the outpost, to bar the military vehicles. But by dawn the road was cleared.
As the sun rose, Migron residents recited the morning service in the synagogue.
Many of them had painted graffiti on the side of their homes, with slogans that said, “Migron we shall return” and “the eternal people does not fear the long road.”
One anti-Likud graffiti stated: “Begin = Sinai [evacuation], Sharon = Gush Katif [Gaza], Bibi = Migron. Only the Likud can.”