One of the goals of this site is to promote critical discussion and debate on US foreign policy and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. We want Mondoweiss to be a place that everyone feels comfortable visiting, to read and comment, regardless of political perspective. People might not always like what we post, but everyone should feel invited and encouraged to join the discussion, share their opinions, and engage in debate.
For this reason here are the ground rules:
- No racist or sexist comments. This includes anti-Arab, Islamophobic and anti-Semitic comments (and yes, Christian-bashing too). This includes comments that disparage, intimidate or attack a person based on perceived ethnicity or gender.
- No Nakba or Holocaust denial. We’re not going to tolerate any discussion of the Jewish role in the rise of the Nazis which is used as a pretext for blaming Jews for the Nazi rise, a form of Holocaust denial we want no part of. Similarly, this policy includes Nakba denial as well, and efforts to blame the expulsion of Palestinians in 1948 on Palestinian actions.
- No profanity. Along with racism and sexism the prevalence of profanity in the comments on the blog has forced people away. This has to end.
- No personal attacks. We encourage spirited, passionate debate, but if you have to resort to vicious personal attack, you’re not advancing the discussion. Stay on the issues.
- No calls for violence or glorification or celebration of violence. Against anyone. Ever.
- No imposture. You can use any pseudonym you like, but if you represent yourself as someone you’re not, you’re outta here.
- No trolling. Wikipedia defines trolling as “someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response.” That definition is good enough for us. We hope our comment section can feature an engaged and free flowing debate, but we are not interested in commenters whose only aim is to disrupt or sabotage the discussion.
- This is not a site to discuss 9/11 theories. This discussion turns into a huge distraction, is not central to the life of the site, and is a drag on the moderators.
If we judge that you have broken one of these rules you will be banned. We will ban the IP address you are posting from and if you try to post from another IP address we will ban that as well.
We like to think that this site has become a dynamic and necessary forum. Your help will ensure that it continues to grow and develop.
Updated May 25, 2018
This notice falls under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who We Are
Mondoweiss is an independent website devoted to informing readers about developments in Israel/Palestine and related US foreign policy. We provide news and analysis unavailable through the mainstream media regarding the struggle for Palestinian human rights.
The website is fiscally sponsored by The Center for Economic Research and Social Change (CERSC), a nonprofit organization that is tax-exempt in the United States under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions are tax-deductible in the United States as allowed by relevant law, and other jurisdictions may also have applicable law governing such donations.
Our postal address:
P.O. Box 442380
Detroit, MI 48244
- Primary website: mondoweiss.net;
- Any sites launched on a sub-domain of mondoweiss.net;
- Online store: store.mondoweiss.net;
- Fundraising portal: mondoweiss.kindful.com
How To Contact Us
Personal Data We Collect May Include
- Email address;
- Website URL;
- Social Media handle;
- Newsletter: opens, clicks, opt-ins;
- Comments submitted by users;
- Support inquiries submitted by email;
- Information collected when you make a donation or purchase may include: Names, email address, mailing and billing addresses, phone number, credit card or bank information.
Consent to Collect
We collect data from users that have created accounts with us on our websites. We ask for consent during the account creation process with a checkbox. A link to this page is provided during the account creation process. The legal basis for us to collect the data is to be able to provide you with a service.
Your Data, Your Rights
- You can request a copy of your data which we will provide within 30 days;
- You can request your data to be anonymized which we will do within 30 days;
- While we will do everything we can to keep our service secure, in the event of a data breach or misuse, we will inform our users of what happened and what we have done to put it right within 30 days.
Services and Third Parties
Mondoweiss never shares or resells any of our data. However, we do use third-party services to store and manage data for the following purposes:
- Email marketing;
- Social media marketing;
- Communications among Mondoweiss staff;
- Website analytics;
- Merchandise sales
Length of Data Collection
Mondoweiss will keep identifiable data for an undetermined amount of time or until the user asks us to anonymize and / or delete their data.
Who Has Access to Our Data?
- Data at Mondoweiss is not shared or sold with any third party.
- Staff and contractors of Mondoweiss and our fiscal sponsor CERSC have access to users’ data for the purpose of providing services.