What if America’s democracy was like Israel’s?? I need your input please.
Is anyone else sick and tired of Israel’s insistence about it being the ‘only democracy in the Middle East’? What’s even more appalling is this tired cliche is repeated by our members of Congress. Question: How many of these Congressmen/women would like to replace our democracy with Israel’s version of ‘democracy’? How would America be if we did that?
1. Colored children (African Americans, Latinos, Asians…) here in the US would be tried in a military court, not in a civil court. (Palestinian minors are charged in military courts. Jewish minors are tried in a civil court). Israel established a juvenile military court, ‘the first and only juvenile military court in operation in the world.’ http://en.wikipedia.org/…/Children_in_the_Israeli%E2%80%93P…
2. Non whites would be forced to use separate roads and have separate license plates. (Israel has Jewish only roads. A Palestinian using this road is subject to imprisonment.) http://visualizingpalestine.org/…/segregated-roads-west-bank
3. A Caucasian here in the US would be able to evict a colored person’s family, and move in, without any retribution.
4. If a person in the US has been suspected, not even convicted of a crime, the government would demolish the person’s home.
(“Simply put: the use of house demolition as a punitive measure is a form of collective punishment contrary to international law. Israel must immediately end its use of this devastating practice”.) http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx…
5. The US could bomb whole apartment complexes and neighborhoods if they suspected that a single person residing there had a bomb.
(“Why Israel’s bombardment of Gaza neighborhood left US officers ‘stunned’ http://america.aljazeera.com/…/israel-bombing-stunsusoffice…)
6. Children tried in military courts (as young as 12) would be routinely threatened with and in some cases subjected to torture and rape.
(According to a new report by the independent, non-governmental, human rights organization the Palestinian Prisoners Club (PPC), at least 600 Palestinian children have been arrested in Jerusalem alone in the past five months. Of these, roughly 40% were sexually abused.)http://my.firedoglake.com/…/40-of-palestinian-children-det…/
7. Non whites would be tried in military courts. The conviction rate would be 99.74%.
(‘A new internal IDF document revealed today by Haaretz shows that in 2010, 99.74 percent of the trials of Palestinians in Israeli military courts ended in convictions. That’s 25 acquittals, out of 9,542 cases.’) http://972mag.com/conviction-rate-for-palestinians-in-is…/…/
8. Congress would make laws to make it legal to kick out any Congressional member who is not white.
9. America would be declared a Christian country, and would routinely deny access to people wanting to go and pray in synagogues, mosques
or other places of worship. They would also routinely invade a synagogue with armed forces and fire smoke bombs.
10. If a colored person killed a cop or army member, the army could go and massacre a whole neighborhood of innocent coloreds who had nothing to do with the crime.
11. America would pass more than 50 racist laws against colored people.
(“The Israeli occupation issued since 1948 more than 60 racist laws against Palestinian citizens in the occupied territories of 1948 in all spheres of life, including education, state services, and civil and political rights.”) https://occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com/…/the-laws-that-en…/
12. Boycotting would be illegal. Congress would pass a law criminalizing boycotts. If you disagree with an American company’s practices, and wanted to boycott them, you could end up being penalized.
(‘Under the new law, which was approved by a vote of 47 to 38 in the parliament, or Knesset, any boycott against Israel, including those organized by groups inside its territory and in the West Bank, will be deemed a civil offense’) http://articles.latimes.com/…/world/la-fg-israel-boycott-20…
13. Colored neighborhoods could be walled off, and access to electricity and drinking water severely restricted.
(In my scenario, I use Caucasians as Israelis and Colored people as Palestinians. This in no way is to equate Whites with Israelis. I only use it to illustrate the racist nature of Israeli democracy. Please do not take offense. .If you have an alternative way of illustrating this, please let me know.)