@dionissis_mitropoulos, blah, blah, blah, excessively long comment...
- The current problem with electrical service in Gaza results from Hamas' inability to reconcile with the PLO. They get all the electrical service they pay for.
- Israel is not my country.
- Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Ask Hamas, they do not believe it either.
- Your link on the IDFs supposed believe the siege is useless does not support your position. And such a ridiculous claim does not support the smell test. Why in the world would the IDF favor unfettered sea and air shipments to Gaza from their friends in Iran?
- Are you really sourcing your own comments as proof of something? At least source a comment that pretends to state what you imagine.
- The arming of Hamas is not hypothetical.
- Sure Hamas offered civil control, so they can concentrate their energies on their "resistence". Building a better life for the people of Gaza is way harder than stealing the concrete for their houses and building tunnels. And BTW, the PLO does not want civil control they want everything.
- Ending the siege does not provide Israel with monitoring of shipments. And no, permitting Hamas to grow in size and power equal to Hezbollah is dumb idea.
- Hamas does not want to end the siege to grow in power? Well, isn't that nice, those Hamas boys are so sweet. I bet they just want to import rainbows and ponies for everyone!
If Hamas were so concerned with the welfare of the Gazans they would not be so insistent on clinging to power against the best interests of the Gazans. If they were so interested in the welfare of their people they would put an end to the conditions, claims and behavior that requires the blockade to remain in place. If they were so interested in the welfare of Gaza they would stop picking fights, stop building tunnels into Israel, stop building and launching rockets. They would build homes instead of tunnels, roads instead of rockets. They would tell the Israelis they no longer claim Israel as their own, they are ending their ridiculous claims to a RoR, and that they are fully invested in building a country for their people in Gaza.
But that will never happen so long as so many useful idiots continue to carry water for the militant thugs of Gaza.