I never said he's responsible for the death ofmore than 200,000 Syrians. He's not the only responsible.
"That he, rather than the rebels used chemical weapons on his own people?"
I will ask you the same question: do you have any evidence that it was the rebels the ones who carried out the chemical attacks?
There's no hard evidence that it was the regime or the rebels. However, there are plenty of strong indications that the chemical attacks were carried out by the regime, among them:
- The rebels did not have access to a chemical arsenal.
- Only the Syrian army had access to a chemical arsenal; no other group inside Syria.
- Only the Syrian army had the capability and logistics to carry out chemical attacks.
- Chemical attacks were only targeted rebel areas.
- The attacks only benefited the regime and decimated the rebels significantly, especially in the capital.
- All chemical attacks were launched from governmental areas, in particular the regime stronghold of Jabal Qasiyun (Damascus).
"Please don’t just provide a link to some anti Assad Western media story. Show me objective evidence!"
Are UN's Independent International Commission of Inquiry reports "objective" enough to you?
"Yes, Syria has disintegrated, because the West AND Israel"
Let me get this straight.
There is a sectarian civil war against a tyranny. And who's to blame? Not the regime, that has been oppressing the people for decades and has killed tens of thousands of its own citizens; not the Sunni fanatics that want to overthrow the regime because it's Shia and not Islamist enough; not the ones who hold the weapons and use them; etc.
Who's to blame? The West and Israel! This is no more than hatred and prejudice. Aren't Arabs human beings and masters of themselves?
"So yes, give the Golan back to the legitimate regime of Syria, that of Assad."
Assad's regime is not legitimate. It's a dictatorship and it was not voted by the people. Only democratic regimes chosen by the people are legitimate.
Let's ask Golan residents, most of them Druze, what do they prefer: peace, security and freedom under Israeli democracy or blood and death under a tyrant or a 'rebel' Islamist terror regime in a war-torn failed state.