– What you call stinging criticism is actually just a reaction to the comments being made about “Palestinians on a witch hunt to get Greta.”
– Personally, I don’t care what any individual thinks about anything at all, but if you run social media PUBLICLY to advocate for the Palestinian cause and then moronically tweet videos claiming that Jews are responsible for the holocaust then you should be ready for the backlash from anyone and everyone that gives a crap about the Palestinian cause.
– Palestinians that want to clarify that the majority of us deplore the videos and that Greta’s explanations don’t sit well with us are not the enemies. Greta’s defenders have been from the beginning reacting as though Palestinians are to blame since this entire fiasco broke out. Now it seems that her fans are rewriting history of how this all got started while willfully ignoring what the facts are. Her explanation may resonate with you, but not for everyone and to expect that Palestinians not speak out against this is shocking. Anyone foolhardy enough to suggest that Palestinians are simply obeying their Zionist masters for demanding accountability can hardly be described as a friend of the Palestinians. I wonder how any of you would react if a group promoting equality and justice in the U.S. tweeted an article about Africans being responsible for slavery. Or an article that said blacks actually lynched themselves. I wonder if you would demand that African-Americans publicly defend the offenders the way you expect Palestinians to line up behind Greta when no real explanation has yet to be offered?
– I am incredibly disappointed in the reactions from a lot of Mondoweiss readers, the fear that some of you have to confront anti-semitism (again, I have not called her that but I also did not see per Bekah’s post that she was very angered by it). Confronting anti-semitism does not weaken our fight against Zionism or apartheid Israel.
– There’s a lot of racism (anti-Arab) in the responses from a lot of the folks here, it’s obvious that many don’t recognize it because I think I may be the only one that has repeatedly pointed it out but white people just have zero business telling people of color how to conduct their struggles and how to drive them. I’m sorry if this hurts your feelings but I am not attacking you as people, I am just saying, you have absolutely no right to tell us how to conduct our struggle and to make demands of who we expect accountability from.
– Palestinians not happy with what Greta did and the explanations she offered are being condescended to and outright told they are ingrates and not deserving of solidarity if this is the attitude we will have. For me, as someone who identifies as a person of color I can’t help to see a lot of so called solidarity activists using their privilege (in most cases white) to tell the natives how to conduct themselves.
– Anyone is welcome to join Palestinians in Palestine and stand in solidarity with them. Many Palestinians are very grateful for the assistance they get from internationals which allows them to do basic things like walk their children to school or harvest their olives, but doing those things does not allow you the privilege to chastise Palestinians when they don’t do what you want them to do. Nor does it give you the privilege to dictate what Palestinian resistance should or should not look like. Do not speak for us we have a voice and we are using it.