I am neither Arab or Jew, so the simplicity of my questions often get bogged down in the slog of points of view, the disputation of facts, convenient and self-serving narratives, and, of course, propaganda. “It’s too complicated, Terry. You’d never understand.”
I don’t claim knowledge that others possess. I just have my questions.
1. Why does the Holocaust occupy a position of almost reverential worship in the Zionist narrative?
2. What does the U.S. really gain for our $38 billion gift to the Zionists?
3. Why are the Zionists so extraordinarily afraid of challenges to their narrative?
4. How can a people so devastated by history then turn around and apply the same strategies and tactics to another people?
5. Why is every threat existential?
6. Why should we believe as if history began in 1948?
7. How can Christians support behavior that is so foreign to the teachings of their Lord?
8. Do civilized people want as an example a police state who destroys whole families of those suspected of or involved in crimes against them?
9. Why are Israeli citizens in the West Bank permitted to kill Palestinians with impunity?
10. Why is the Israeli government permitted to monitor and censor social media in the United States?
I’d toss in one about why the press is so silent on all this, but I know the answer to that one, and it’s disgusting. I spend 45+ years in media and know lots of people.
I have great respect for professor Salaita and believe that one day he will have his platform and that we will all be better off for it. Light has a funny way of overcoming darkness, and that’s what we’re witnessing today.