Israel has violated the ceasefire with Lebanon over 7,000 times since the end of the 2006 war on Lebanon.
These violations include:
- Dropping poisonous balloons over Southern Lebanon causing 8 people to be rushed to the hospital after inhaling toxic fumes.
- Crossing into Lebanese territory and shooting at shepherds.
- Consistently violating Lebanese airspace, the most recent incident being on May 26th of this year.
- Crossing into Lebanese territory in an attempt to change the demarcation line between both countries.
- Consistently crossing into Lebanese territory and kidnapping random civilians and livestock.
P.S. there were over a million cluster bombs dropped on Southern Lebanon. To this day, Israel refuses to tell the Lebanese where they were dropped and children are constantly getting maimed by them. The most recent incident was on July 26 of this year when 9 year old Yaqoub Youssef Zreiq was injured by an unexploded bomb. These bombs look like toys... those kid friendly Israelis.
"What we did was insane and monstrous, we covered entire towns in cluster bombs," the head of an IDF rocket unit in Lebanon said regarding the use of cluster bombs and phosphorous shells during the war.
Quoting his battalion commander, the rocket unit head stated that the IDF fired around 1,800 cluster bombs, containing over 1.2 million cluster bomblets.
Here is a compilation of other violations not captured above.
I really want to know, where UNIFIL has been during all those violations? Perhaps it would be in Lebanon's best interest to get rid of UNIFIL and allow Hezbollah to secure the borders...
Update: I just did some fact checking on myself and found that Israel did give a map to the Lebanese 3 years later of the 1,000,000 + cluster bombs dropped, after years of the UN begging them to do so. Yes and how accurate could it be?