- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 1
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 10
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 92
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 4
- No rescue! 12
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 28
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 5
- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 8
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 0
- Resurrecting Passover? 0
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 0
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 0
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 0
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 0
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- ‘Not a single person in this room would accept living … 86
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @bartongellman: Name of Shin Bet chief was well known but official secret. I called 411 and asked for Karmi Gilon’s phone. “You know I can’t tell you that.”, 11 hours ago
- RT @bartongellman: That was long ago. I don’t know conditions now, but it would take real brass to arrest or expel a NYT correspondent. Don’t think I’d obey., 11 hours ago
- RT @bartongellman: I got no gag orders as WP Israel reporter and pretended not to know about them. Once threatened with canceled press card. Not terrifying., 11 hours ago
- RT @bartongellman: Unclear to me how the NYT knew it was under gag order in Israel. Surely not pre-clearance with censors? http://t.co/j9wQ7QB04c, 11 hours ago
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks — Finkelstein http://t.co/sHhVcJh6lR, 12 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- No rescue! (12)
- Ellen: Mr. Ellis writes yet another confused and confusing post. And superfluous, a bit bizarre. An insult to all...
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount (10)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount MY COMMENT: It is time to begin a...
- talknic: “It is not possible for David Ben Gurion who has been dead over 40 years ago (December 1973) to found...
- oldgeezer: This effectively incitement to violence and it should be treated as such. I find it ludicrous and...
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks — Finkelstein (92)
- Hostage: Like Chomsky: can someone ask the guy a pointed question about the office of special plans or the Clean...
- Hostage: What’s to stop Israel from saying “if you won’t do it for yourselves, do without?” Israel has prevented...
- Hostage: “won’t be able to stop” vs. “can’t stop” Difference in meaning? The correction implies the task is simply...
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ (1)
- ritzl: Great question and effort. Tweeted.
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there (30)
- pjdude: And considering how un scientific israeli archeology is I’m loathe to accept what their conclusions...
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign (28)
- Citizen: @ Donald I haven’t quite gotten through Goliath either, although it’s on the table here. Look...
- No rescue! (12)
Author Archives: Adie Mormech
What’s it like to spend ten years in prison and not recognize your daughter when you get out? This is typical of Palestinian prisoners held by Israel
Adie Mormech writes from Gaza: Witnessing the merciless punishment of a defenceless and blameless people makes my heart heavy. Witnessing the human loss while governments and media sing for the perpetrator, makes my mind numb. It feels like you’re in no man’s land. Where dead kids don’t matter. Where it’s okay for people’s houses to fall in. Where every person living here can be executed and in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter. Things matter, when most of the world’s humanity decides it should.
Adie Mormech writes from besieged Gaza — “Outside you can make a difference. I’m asking you, because the Israeli army will not empathise with the people they are looking down on through their cockpit windows. Nor will their politicians. But you can empathise and you can act. The Israeli cabinet has approved the call-up of 75,000 reservists compared to the 10,000 reservists called up for the massacres during Cast Lead. There is not much time.”
Mahmoud Sarsak’s refusal to attend the Barcelona Vs Real Madrid Classico match is a historic act of non-normalisation against Israel. For the hero of the Palestinian national team who fought his way free from an Israeli prison throughout a 96 day hunger strike ordeal, this is an act that sends a message to all others faced with the same question, “to normalise or not to normalise”
A demonstration commemorating the beginning of “Operation Cast Lead” was held Tuesday in the Gazan city of Beit Hanoun. Families of victims were in attendance, as were 5 International Solidarity Movement activists. Two years have passed since the Israeli attacks … Continue reading
Live bullets were fired from snipers at an Erez control tower within a metre of demonstrators on the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People on Tuesday morning in Beit Hanoun, Northern Gaza. A German activist Vera Macht was … Continue reading
When 91 year old Ibrahim Abu Sayed left his home near Beit Hanoun in northern Gaza, yesterday morning, in order to check on his land and his animals which graze next to the remains of his former home, he took … Continue reading