- ‘This wall will fall’ (the writing on the wall, at … 5
- US Homeland Security investigates Israeli arms deal to Iran 25
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers– ‘you were about to … 26
- Marty Peretz’s message to Chris Hughes: Keep ‘The New Republic’ … 14
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible … 61
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate 59
- Video: Moataz Washaha’s family asks us to boycott Israel 1
- Water service restored to thousands of Palestinians in East Jerusalem … 0
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 0
- ‘Visit Palestine’–My personal message to Mayor Bill de Blasio 0
- Caught in an honest moment, Kerry casts doubt on the … 0
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 0
- ‘Apartheid on the Hill’: Students transform Tufts campus to highlight … 0
- Thousands denied water in Jerusalem as California Gov signs energy … 0
- A model factory for a colonialism in trouble: the SodaStream … 0
- NYC Community Board member calls BDS ‘the face of anti-Semitism’ 0
- AIPAC reaches out to Christians with morphing Star of David 149
- ‘Daily Beast’ labels Abbas ‘stubborn’ for refusing to recognize Israel … 137
- Anti-anti-semitism: How did a movement against bigotry lend itself to … 119
- ‘Netanyahu is a Nazi’: Scenes from an Orthodox anti-military draft … 114
- ‘NYT’ dismisses Wieseltier attack on Judis as tempest-in-a-teapot 99
- Obama warns Israel about delegitimization, and Oren suggests annexation 93
- Pelosi calls Israel’s creation ‘the most spectacular political achievement of … 91
- Dateline, Ukraine: How the State Department ‘midwives’ democracy 91
- RT @DinaJaber: BZU Campus sorrow grief at #sajiDarwish 18 yr student killed by israelis #Ramallah #Paletsine http://t.co/GHexgn2vgz, 1 hour ago
- RT @jrosyfield: Clearly #Israel is instigating. 6 #Palestinians killed across the OPT in the last 24 hours, 1 hour ago
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 03/11/2014 - http://t.co/fVv7WigYqE, 2 hours ago
- News of alleged Iranian arms headed to Gaza has been all over media but another arms interception story was ignored http://t.co/ogj0sCn9Is, 13 hours ago
- 'This wall will fall' (the writing on the wall, at Ohio State) http://t.co/D4Zuq7rj6K, 17 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Video: 8-year-old boys stopped by soldiers– ‘you were about to throw stones’ (26)
- Grindr in Hebron: A dispatch from the last debate (59)
- Sumud: German Lefty ~ Do you really expect me to “write sensitively” about Zionist racists just because they happen...
- Sibiriak: tokyobk : A German who doesn’t write sensitively about Jews may not be an anti-semite but is definitely an...
- eljay: >> A German who doesn’t write sensitively about Jews may not be an anti-semite but is definitely an...
- ‘NYT’ piece on Israel coexistence singer leaves out his latest gig: AIPAC (11)
- Sumud: Clearly, if a few people at a BDS event boo at the mention of Jews, BDS must be antisemitic. I’ve never...
- Robert Caro, Nakba-denier (80)
- Sumud: Sibiriak ~ First of all, I reject both your and Lindbergh’s assertion of a monolithic entity “the Jews”. If...
- Krauss: I’m thinking of his private letters when he was a young man, which weren’t published until many...
- Bing Bong: “Exactly. He should have said something. He said nothing.” So he didn’t actively deny...
- Evangelicals who dissent from Christian Zionism wear ‘stain of indelible infamy,’ Israel says (61)
- FreddyV: My issue is when people use their religious definition as currency. Messianic Jews are virtually worshipped...
Author Archives: Adie Mormech
What’s it like to spend ten years in prison and not recognize your daughter when you get out? This is typical of Palestinian prisoners held by Israel
Adie Mormech writes from Gaza: Witnessing the merciless punishment of a defenceless and blameless people makes my heart heavy. Witnessing the human loss while governments and media sing for the perpetrator, makes my mind numb. It feels like you’re in no man’s land. Where dead kids don’t matter. Where it’s okay for people’s houses to fall in. Where every person living here can be executed and in the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter. Things matter, when most of the world’s humanity decides it should.
Adie Mormech writes from besieged Gaza — “Outside you can make a difference. I’m asking you, because the Israeli army will not empathise with the people they are looking down on through their cockpit windows. Nor will their politicians. But you can empathise and you can act. The Israeli cabinet has approved the call-up of 75,000 reservists compared to the 10,000 reservists called up for the massacres during Cast Lead. There is not much time.”
Mahmoud Sarsak’s refusal to attend the Barcelona Vs Real Madrid Classico match is a historic act of non-normalisation against Israel. For the hero of the Palestinian national team who fought his way free from an Israeli prison throughout a 96 day hunger strike ordeal, this is an act that sends a message to all others faced with the same question, “to normalise or not to normalise”
A demonstration commemorating the beginning of “Operation Cast Lead” was held Tuesday in the Gazan city of Beit Hanoun. Families of victims were in attendance, as were 5 International Solidarity Movement activists. Two years have passed since the Israeli attacks … Continue reading
Live bullets were fired from snipers at an Erez control tower within a metre of demonstrators on the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People on Tuesday morning in Beit Hanoun, Northern Gaza. A German activist Vera Macht was … Continue reading
When 91 year old Ibrahim Abu Sayed left his home near Beit Hanoun in northern Gaza, yesterday morning, in order to check on his land and his animals which graze next to the remains of his former home, he took … Continue reading