- 10,000 march on Qalandia in solidarity with Gaza 2
- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 40
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 83
- How Israel militarized social media 13
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 55
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 11
- Gaza massacre is generating ideological crisis in American Zionists 74
- Avishai says we misrepresented his views 67
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of … 0
- Video: Night raid in Bethlehem’s Aida Refugee Camp 0
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 0
- Jews must take action against Israeli brutality 0
- Dear American media, I’m asking you to simply tell what’s … 0
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 0
- Netanyahu’s latest ‘cartoon evidence’: racist image identifying Muslims with terror 0
- Ramallah, July 20 and 21 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 245
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 127
- RT @BayoumiMoustafa: Never noticed until tonight how much the lights falling on this Brooklyn block produce a keffiyeh. #Palestine http://t.co/pncYG7iDRw, 7 hours ago
- RT @Belalmd12: Today (Friday) inshAllah I'm going live on @democracynow 12.00 GMT, will be live streamed here too! > http://t.co/YLk3fe5fEn, 7 hours ago
- RT @ProfessorKumar: Madeline Albright who thought that the deaths of 500k Iraqi children was "worth it" says Israel has gone too far http://t.co/xFscdy88To, 7 hours ago
- RT @e_intifada: Is this the beginning of 3rd intifada? @Remroum @ThisIsGaZa Raw AP footage of West Bank Clashes: http://t.co/yWfQ0RQyfN, 7 hours ago
- RT @MMVickery: #Ramallah hospital is full to capacity. Many protesters shot in the legs, two people confirmed dead, but reports that four have died., 7 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Antony Loewenstein
The case of Australian and Israeli citizen Ben Zygier and his alleged suicide in an Israeli jail in December 2010 provides an instructive window into the secretive relationship between Israel and friendly Western nations. But what makes this international intrigue all the more fascinating is not what most of the commentary is obsessing over — the details of Zygier’s life and how he ended up in a high security prison — but the ways in which young Jews are groomed by an Israeli intelligence service to commit acts of terrorism and subterfuge across the world under the guise of protecting national security.
Antony Loewenstein writes about his recent book tour through Israel/Palestine to discuss his new book “After Zionism” (co-edited with Ahmed Moor).
The anniversary of 9/11 is a good time to reflect on one of the growing alliances in modern times; the far-right in Europe and beyond and hardline Zionism. Its most extreme form was expressed by the Norway killer Anders Breivik. … Continue reading
‘For thirty years the country [Sri Lanka] went through a kind of hell and endured untold economic and cultural deprivation. Now, with things looking up, we need all the friendly input we can get from well-meaning outsiders. Let the writers … Continue reading
Australian detainee Mamdouh Habib recounts torture at the hands of the US/Israeli favorite Omar Suleiman
Australian citizen Mamdouh Habib was captured and tortured in the years after September 11 in both Egypt and Guantanamo Bay. For years, “war on terror” supporters defamed Habib and claimed he was lying about his allegations of mistreatment. However last … Continue reading
Sever Plocker, a columnist for Yediot Aharonot, recently wrote with pride and some sadness that, “At least on the Iranian issue — and apparently on more than a few other matters — the leaders of the world, including the Arab world, think … Continue reading
Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz is currently in Sydney for the Festival of Dangerous Ideas and last night debated, in front of 2000 people at the Sydney Opera House, lawyer Geoffrey Robertson on The Sins of the Father; Should the … Continue reading
“The future of relations with the Muslim world” was the UN-sponsored event hosted at the New York Times building in central Manhattan on 21 July. Filled with journalists from Egypt, China and Turkey and the foreign policy establishment, roughly 150 … Continue reading
Last December I attended the Gaza Freedom March in Cairo to highlight the plight of Palestinians in the Gaza Strip. For the last months I’ve worked on a radio documentary feature for ABC Radio National’s 360 program, Australia’s finest space … Continue reading
The Western view of Gaza is of a desperate and violent place. Terrorism, extremism, Jew-hatred and poverty merge to create a dangerous brew. The Hamas-controlled territory poses a supposedly existential threat to Israel (and Jews everywhere.) But this is only … Continue reading
The drive from Gaza City to Khan Younis takes around 40 minutes. The roads are rocky and the landscape barren, with destroyed houses and factories along the way. Cars and donkey-drawn carts populate the road. Last Friday I rode in a battered taxi towards the city to hear Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh address Friday prayers at the main mosque. Palm trees refused to sway. It was one of Haniyeh’s first public appearances since the end of Israel’s December/January bombardment . . . Continue reading
dirty couches, dogs without water, synagogue seats, and teenage boys with light mustaches (Loewenstein visits an outpost)
(Settlers are shown a court order by the IDF on Hilltop 26. Photo by: Laura Weisman) Antony Loewenstein writes: Dining at a hamburger joint on the weekend in Jerusalem with a few members of Israeli peace group Ta’ayush,including Joseph Dana,…
Antony Loewenstein writes from East Jerusalem: The occupation hits you from the very beginning. Arriving at Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv, I caught a shared shuttle to East Jerusalem. I noticed an advertisement mentioning service to a number of…