- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 15
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 3
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 24
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 9
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 8
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 32
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 7
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 17
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @YousefMunayyer: Imagine if Abbas refused to negotiate because of the make of of Netanyahu's coalition, the most right-wing settlement drunk in history, 2 hours ago
- 'Al Jazeera' examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized 'universalists' http://t.co/CTwfMbXhKM, 2 hours ago
- Israel encouraging more Christians to join military service http://t.co/0wDVo4tpjY via @reuters, 5 hours ago
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron http://t.co/wblFK3LyLL http://t.co/0XGl6B9JuS, 5 hours ago
- Video: A Jew who visited Palestine responds to @nytimes assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews http://t.co/47nU3SMYpk, 6 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized ‘universalists’ (3)
- Federal agencies express concerns about Israel’s entry into the Visa Waiver Program (36)
- ritzl: @jenin- Someday the threat of Israeli retaliation against your family will be a distant memory. Best.
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern overturns Students for Justice in Palestine suspension (9)
- shams: Any idea who advised them to take the deal? I’m not sure why constant monitoring of the administration...
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron (15)
- Walker: Well said, marty.
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli occupation (18)
- LeaNder: Thanks, ritzl, I’ll look into that. At the moment I am trying to mentally digest a series of links,...
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed village of Iqrit (7)
- Mikhael: Walid says: April 23, 2014 at 12:55 pm Israelis are very scared. They must feel their world is coming to an...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (68)
- Woody Tanaka: “Woody, do you say the same thing about the Quran?” Of course. Religious texts are...
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (24)
- elephantine: Yes! I had to watch it a second time because the bald guy at the end gave me the heebeejeebeez when I...
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (32)
- hophmi: “hophmi, you seem to suggest that if the flyers had required everyone in Donetsk to register as Jewish...
Author Archives: Brandon Davis
Brandon Davis follows up on his post on arrests of internationals in Hebron: “The law in a place like Israeli-controlled Hebron (called “H2,” about 20% of the entire city of Al-Khalil/Hebron) is a string of legal and military policies that lack coherence or justification. Hebron – and the West Bank more broadly – might be governed by a Divine Law, but it’s not the 613 Commandments in the Torah. This theocratic state is ruled by the God of “Security,” and invoking his name overrides any other ethical, moral or legal values systems.”
The soldier told me to calm down. He told me that he was American, too – from Manhattan, no less, the same city listed as the birthplace on my U.S. passport. He told me I had the right to be there, “but the Arabs don’t.”
“They’re Americans,” I told him.
972’s cover story on Saturday featured pleasant photos of children playing in a spring under the triumphant headline: “For first time, weekly protest in Nabi Saleh reaches destination: its own spring.” The story is brief, just four short paragraphs that … Continue reading