- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 19
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 8
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Intense video challenges Catalan and Spanish collaboration with the Israeli … 5
- Exile and the Prophetic: Joseph Massad strikes again 2
- NPR twice celebrates Israeli army– once as ‘rite of passage’ … 11
- UNESCO to send fact-finding mission to Jerusalem following Israeli assaults … 0
- Turkish PM raises Mavi Marmara at White House press conf, … 3
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 651
- ‘The policy of the present Israeli government is likely to … 485
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 307
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 201
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 142
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 119
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 97
- ‘The policy of the present Israeli government is likely to … 275
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- RT @War_Times: Blood on Israel’s Hands from #Palestine to the Mayan Highlands http://t.co/hAHRMXYXMm #Nakba @mondoweiss @jadaliyya #Guatema…, 18 hours ago
- RT @WideAsleepNima: Thanks to @Jadaliyya for posting my @Newseum article: http://t.co/cmdi2bjwkb. Here's a brief follow-up on @MuftahOrg: h…, 22 hours ago
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the world and going home, I would go back’ http://t.co/x9b4xYU25O #Nakba, 22 hours ago
- Rightwing Israeli group Im Tirtzu gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation Kingjay Foundation Trusts http://t.co/MHTY2g3agr, 23 hours ago
- RT @grinhoyz: "Ben-Gurion was convinced that the refugee problem was primarily one of public image (hasbara)": http://t.co/bm8zn0WutZ, 23 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell (19)
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi Marmara (61)
- Hostage: @Hostage Here’s some legal material worthy of analysis by your trenchant legal mind. My trenchant legal...
- Hostage: Again, you cannot define what is Palestine by attempting to define what Israel is not. LOL! I’ve...
- Hostage: The borders of Israel is not the question, rather the borders of Palestine. Which are not defined by your...
- NPR twice celebrates Israeli army– once as ‘rite of passage’ for minorities and beacon to US Jews (11)
- Inanna: If I stole a country then I’d be zealously trying to guard it too. Never know when the rightful...
- Exile and the Prophetic: Joseph Massad strikes again (2)
- Inanna: He sees the Jewishness that most Jews celebrate as colonial and – criminal. Nope. He says the Zionism...
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the world and going home, I would go back’ (8)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Deepa Kumar
Rebranding the War on Terror for the age of Obama: ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ and the promotion of extra judicial killing
The Oscar-nominated film ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ has sparked debate on its justification of torture, its misuse of facts, and its pro-CIA agenda. While the focus of the debate has been on whether torture was necessary to track Osama bin Laden, scant attention has been paid to the larger, more significant message of this film: that extra judicial killing is good.
Eleven years after 9/11, the media are still asking the same question: Why do they hate us? And the same tired answer is being provided, but this time by the liberal imperialists wielding the “clash of civilizations” rhetoric with perhaps greater skill than their neocon predecessors.
When Mitt Romney stated that it was Israel’s “culture” that was responsible for the country’s superior economic development he was simply recycling an argument long used to explain black poverty in the US.
The clash of civilizations is also a liberal project. Liberal Democrats know how to sort out ‘good Muslims’