- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate 0
- Remote-control machine gun installed on top of wall near Bethlehem … 1
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 20
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 5
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 2
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 38
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 2
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 1
- Two desperate anti-Semitism charges, from Foxman and Boteach 0
- To reach the ‘moveable middle’ in Jewish life, you must … 0
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 0
- About that special relationship… 0
- Why are two Republican congressmen doing a walkabout on the … 0
- A prayer for Passover 0
- Israel to annex 1,000 dunam of Palestinian land; Peace Now … 0
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 0
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- ‘Poof’ — Kerry blames Israel for breakdown of talks (Updated) 144
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 108
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 103
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 96
- RT @alexbkane: In the spirit of debunking media campaigns against @MaxBlumenthal, I offer up my @FAIRmediawatch piece from January http://t.co/O9ejRlE64y, 17 mins ago
- Cornell student government puts the kibosh on divestment debate http://t.co/H3MZ8nHyu7 http://t.co/BuhX4IHfTe, 28 mins ago
- Remote-control machine gun installed on top of Israeli seperation wall near Bethlehem - Ma'an http://t.co/c2gMBYyA4J http://t.co/5EprfQMfTE, 37 mins ago
- RT @ISMNablus: “Kiss and hug your mother goodbye,” a Shabak agent told one boy. “You may never see her again.” #HaresBoysFree >> http://t.co/eK6jv2gccN, 40 mins ago
- RT @alexbkane: How quickly some people forget being the subject of smears. Here @MJayRosenberg smears Mondoweiss https://t.co/MXlc7klmeF, 58 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link Max Blumenthal to KC shooter suspect (38)
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid not a capital — Israeli mayor (68)
- Hostage: @ Hostage claro .. shall adjust No you were perfectly correct that Israel ended-up claiming it had been...
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel (20)
- pabelmont: The Zios never count the settlers in (and near?) so-called (vastly expanded) Jerusalem when they count...
- brenda: me too. I’m still a believer. Obama said several weeks ago in interview that he gives his I-P...
- pabelmont: AIPAC isn’t going away. If the $3B (or $6B or whatever it really is) is already voted by Congress,...
- Remote-control machine gun installed on top of wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an (1)
- oldgeezer: “Israeli forces provided each machine gun cameras from large high-capacity and possibility of...
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in West Bank (5)
- Cliff: Meanwhile, the ‘plight’ of Jewish students on campus goes on unabated! Blah blah Syria, blah blah...
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. She says no (1)
- pabelmont: US S/C considers ban on lies in political campaigns.. Which way would this cut? Were these facebook...
Author Archives: Heike Schotten
Zionism contends that Jewish people have a special connection to the Zionist colonization of Palestine (i.e., Israel). Unfortunately, this “special connection” is often reproduced in certain Jewish-identified Palestine solidarity work in the U.S. This happens when the focus of movement work is directed toward the needs, motives, beliefs, or histories of Jewish people, rather than the needs and situation of Palestinians.
One rudimentary measure of the destruction of any war is casualty numbers – answering the question, how many dead? Media coverage typically reports Israeli and Palestinian casualty figures together, misleadingly suggesting an equality between them in either suffering or culpability.