- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 0
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 0
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 0
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 0
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 0
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 0
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 0
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 0
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- ‘There’s a lot of anti-Semitism out there’ — Johansson reviews … 93
- Right-wing Israeli official says Israel is the home of all Jews & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/IIJZkS5REa, 6 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 22 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, Apr 18
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, Apr 18
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, Apr 18
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of Congress’ — Dem consultant (1)
- seafoid: Joe Nocera’s Gun Report blog is a very simple but very damning analysis of guns in the US.
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians (3)
- Walid: Today, 2 fresh elements added to Marc’s Easter paralleling, the Sacrament of Penance and the...
- MHughes976: Marc is quoting Mr. Raushenbusch of Huffington Post and satirising the ‘Pastor Facebooks’...
- pabelmont: Jesus crucified by “the Jews”? By “The Jews”? Come on! But, of course, shorthand...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (41)
- MHughes976: I’d recommend an article by Keith Gessen in the current London Review of Books which reports from...
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (52)
- MHughes976: The reference to destruction because of the symbolic status of the thing destroyed seems quite...
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (34)
- adele: Am I sponsoring slave work if I do order there? I stopped buying from amazon after I became aware of how...
- LeaNder: He may slip it in as part of the structure for the new Amazon “drone” program;-) That’s the problem I...
- Hostage: For whatever reason I seem to have this vague memory, that all correspondence for foreign media on the...
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (12)
- MHughes976: I would point out to Marc that the Tanakh covers 3-4,000 years, from Adam to Cyrus and beyond, so that...
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of Congress’ — Dem consultant (1)
Author Archives: Ibn Tufayl
AFP: Israel picks Gaza war commander as new military chief…
Marty Peretz’s reading of "Islamic" history is selective. He reads Islamic history in the same manner an anti-Semite reads Jewish history (to demonize them). He quotes a claim that "Cordoba," the name chosen for the Islamic center near Ground Zero, … Continue reading
This weekend the Times Fashion section ran a piece on a fastgrowing trend, American students taking junior years abroad in the Middle East, reported by Jennifer Conlin. The students go to Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates, … Continue reading
Check out all the trashings of Jeffrey Goldberg:
This is where US tax dollars are spent: propping up a ruthlessly violent Egyptian regime that doesn’t respect human rights, civil society, and democracy: at Foreign Policy, Soha Abdelaty reports on the tyranny of Egypt’s emergency laws.
More proof that the occupation has made some intellectuals stupid and their ethnocentrism visible and risible to all, Bernard Henri Levy in Ynet: "I’ve covered many wars, and I’ve never seen an army that asks itself so many questions related … Continue reading
I am really bothered by Steven Cook of the Council on Foreign Relations. Check out his page 1 soundbite in the Times yesterday (piece on US-Turkey relations by Tavernise/Slackman). There he confused and conflated Israel’s critique of Turkey with the … Continue reading
Drudge’s headlines all imply that the aggressor is the victim: Activists send new boat to challenge blockade… Thousands of Gazans rush for Egyptian border… Turkey’s PM says Israel should be punished… …Israeli gov’t defends ‘Next time we’ll use more force’… … Continue reading
Change you can believe in. Ben Smith at Politico says the U.S. is emulating Israel’s isolation: For while much about the incident remains unclear, a day of carefully parsed statements from the White House and State Department left at least … Continue reading
The Economist, reviewing Sasha Polakow-Suransky’s book on Israel and South Africa (unsigned), appears to accept the conclusion that Israel will face South Africa’s fate. In essence, The Economist accepts the premise of the comparison as valid and worthy of noting. … Continue reading
Reuters has the international reaction statements. Typical: SPANISH SECRETARY OF STATE DIEGO LOPEZ GARRIDO: "Spain unequivocally condemns the Israeli attack on the humanitarian flotilla and it does so as a country and as the acting president of the EU Council. … Continue reading
NYT: "Israel Denies It Offered South Africa Warheads" By ISABEL KERSHNER Published: May 24, 2010 JERUSALEM — The office of Israel’s president, Shimon Peres, strongly denied Monday that Mr. Peres, as Israel’s defense minister, offered to sell nuclear warheads to … Continue reading
Someone passed me an email from the Brookings Institution in Doha, Qatar, hiring for two jobs: Salaam all, Brookings-Doha, where I’m deputy director, is hiring for two positions, Research Assistant and Communications and Program Assistant. The job descriptions are below. … Continue reading
Below, an event at Tufts last week that will give heartburn to neocons. Notice: no one from Brandeis is participating. The neocon pursuit of corridor, their modus operandi (avoid direct sunlight – why, look at Rob’t Satloff’s dishonest interaction with … Continue reading
The neocon takeover of NRO is complete: "Petraeus’s Israel Problem." WF Buckley Jr., who opposed the war in Iraq, must be turning in his grave. And Pamela Geller the fevered Israel devotee writes that Petraeus is pushing "jihadist rhetoric of … Continue reading
From Ron Rosenbaum at Slate: Paul Berman’s new book exhibits the same dedication to moral clarity on these questions demonstrated in his earlier Terror and Liberalism. Mais oui, the clarity that he demonstrated when he defended the assault on Gaza’s … Continue reading
Ibn Tufayl, our correspondent at Harvard, responds below to the conversation between Tariq Ramadan and several Americans at Cooper Union last night. Ramadan’s antagonist in the conversation was George Packer, of the New Yorker, who assailed Ramadan for too weakly … Continue reading
There is an important event in NYC tonight at 7, a discussion about Islam and secularism between Tariq Ramadan, Joan Wallach Scott of Princeton, Dalia Mogahed of Gallup, Jacob Weisberg of Slate, and George Packer of the New Yorker. They’re … Continue reading
Andrew Exum, the coindinista blogger– counterinsurgency for the uninitiate–relies heavily upon the Norwegian Thomas Hegghammer, whose studies of al-Qaeda and Islamic militancy have made him a rising star in global intelligence circles. Today both linked Israel to global Islamic militancy … Continue reading
This story didn’t make it to the Martin Kramer blog, which contains reflections on "Harvard and I": From the Harvard Crimson, letter from Beth Simmons, director of the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs: The director observes of Mr. Kramer’s prose: … Continue reading
At Harvard Law School tomorrow, "The Indeterminacy of International Humanitarian Law: Difficult Questions for Military Practitioners," a lunchtime conversation featuring Israeli Defense Forces lawyer Gabriella Blum.
This afternoon at Harvard Law School, 4:30-6 at Langdell South, Christine Chinkin, a member of the UN Fact-Finding Mission and Professor of International Law at the London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London, will speak on the … Continue reading