- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 13
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 41
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped … 27
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary 38
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine 10
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile 49
- Stephen Walt: publishing ‘Israel lobby’ ended any thought of serving … 68
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Handling holy hypocrisy at holiday season 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- Palestinians can have an embassy in Jerusalem, but God forbid … 0
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 184
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- 66 years ago today 42 members of my family were … 107
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, 14 hours ago
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, 16 hours ago
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, 16 hours ago
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary http://t.co/B8f815HzG0, 17 hours ago
- .@nytimes abided by Israeli gag order even as @intifada scooped it repeatedly http://t.co/qNl4HF9meg, 17 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘NYT’ abided by Israeli gag order even as ‘EI’ scooped it repeatedly (27)
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation (8)
- Talkback: I know it’s offtopic here, but I just want to let you know, that Mariam Barghouti tweeted that she...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (38)
- Resurrecting Passover? (33)
- jon s: As I’ve pointed out in previous comments, there is no slaughter of innocents in the Purim story. In the...
- Palestinian youth say the talks with Israel are futile (49)
- Daniel Rich: @ DEBKA DaBakr Since 1967 Israel has razed over 800,000 Palestinian olive trees, the equivalent to...
- The Book of Exodus and the Book of Palestine (10)
- oldgeezer: I do hope you are being sarcastic. I agree with you 100% in terms of the letter of the law. The technical...
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel (41)
Author Archives: Malaka Mohammed
This is the author’s third diary of her life in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England.
This is the author’s second diary of her life in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. Her first is Palestine to Sheffield: One month away from home.
Malaka Mohammed is a graduate in English Literature and Education from the Islamic University of Gaza and is now studying for a Master’s degree in Global Politics and International Law at the University of Sheffield in the UK. She will documenting her experience in Sheffield in monthly posts for Mondoweiss.
Two students who dreamed of leaving Gaza for education in the UK and Dubai have been blocked by the quixotic border regulations of the world’s largest open-air prison
Samer Issawi is to go free after a historic hunger strike. But there are now 23 other Palestinian prisoners jailed by Israel on hunger strike, and five of them (pictured above) are Jordanian. Several are in administrative detention, which violates the strict standards allowed an occupying power. One is afflicted with a skin disease caused by his cell being only a few meters away from a trash dump. Other hunger strikers have lost the ability to walk and are in wheelchairs
Tariq Assakani saw his father 6 years ago when he was 3. Never since. His father is in an Israeli prison and Tariq died in an accident yesterday
Down with Veolia: The University of Sheffield Palestine Society celebrates university’s decision to drop Veolia
“So proud of my University and especially the Palestine Society which I have had the pleasure of being a part of over the last few years. Today marks a huge achievement in the student BDS campaign and hopefully more Universities … Continue reading
[Ed. note: This is the followup of My first journey abroad] I spent the whole of the fifteen days and nights alone. I did not go back to my habitation. This was my first time away from my land, my … Continue reading
Malaka Mohammed writes about her first time leaving Gaza.
The detainee’s minister in the PA, Issa Qaraqe’, says that the Palestinian hunger striker Samer Issawi is living his last hours inside the Israeli prison hospitals after 195 days on hunger strike for freedom.
A letter from Samer Issawi, who has been on hunger strike for over 164 days now, was submitted through one of the lawyer’s who visited him on Sunday, January 1st, 2013.
Malaka Mohammed talks with Samer Issawi’s family after he has been on hunger strike for 152 days. Mohammed also gives updates on other Palestinian hunger strikers Jafar Azzidine, Tarek Qa’adan, and Yousef Yassin.
Veolia serves the illegal settlers in the occupied territories, and boycott pressure has now evidently caused it to miss out on a London contract
Malaka Mohammed writes about the first day of the Israeli assault on Gaza.