- Film Review — ‘Al Helm: Martin Luther King in Palestine’ 1
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial 3
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream 5
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 39
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 9
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 44
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 2
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 14
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 0
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 0
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 0
- Israel apologists attempted to discredit Mandela with false Israel apartheid … 0
- ‘The Israeli sniper shot my son as if he hunted … 0
- Thousands mourn Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14, following ‘assassination’ by Israeli … 0
- Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial 0
- Butler: ASA boycott resolution pressures Israeli and US institutions supporting … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 127
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 82
- Man of zeal? 78
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 65
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial http://t.co/3BmK05QVN9, 9 hours ago
- RT @aptly_engineerd: Israel approves detention without charges for African migrants http://t.co/5SUIhnyfpt via @reuters, 12 hours ago
- RT @elivalley: “'Anti-Zionists’ will not be permitted to speak using the Hillel name or under the Hillel roof.” - @eric_fingerhut http://t.co/yLjpfbZv3S, 12 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Ashrawi urges NBC to halt drama series set in East Jerusalem | Maan News Agency http://t.co/2dALLUUJjA, 13 hours ago
- RT @adanielroth: Billel? Hillel Cool? Hillel Zero? Crystal Hillel? Hillel St. Blues? #NewNamesForSwarthmoreHillel @alexbkane @Mondoweiss @simonerzim, 13 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (82)
- Defying Hillel rules, Swarthmore chapter invites anti-Zionists to come on in (30)
- Hostage: Krauss, Annie, Bumble, and Hostage, You are all intelligent and well versed in deciphering NewSpeak....
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism (14)
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream (5)
- Hostage: We all buy Chinese made goods from a country with more human rights violations than Israel. This double...
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (127)
- talknic: @ miriam6 “Both Abbas and Mustapha Bargouti have said they would not allow Jews holding Israeli...
- Hostage: Both Abbas and Mustapha Bargouti have said they would not allow Jews holding Israeli citizenship to remain....
- Hostage: Presumably that would also mean no Palestinians holding Palestinian citizenship would be allowed to reside...
Author Archives: Malaka Mohammed
This is the author’s second diary of her life in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. Her first is Palestine to Sheffield: One month away from home.
Malaka Mohammed is a graduate in English Literature and Education from the Islamic University of Gaza and is now studying for a Master’s degree in Global Politics and International Law at the University of Sheffield in the UK. She will documenting her experience in Sheffield in monthly posts for Mondoweiss.
Two students who dreamed of leaving Gaza for education in the UK and Dubai have been blocked by the quixotic border regulations of the world’s largest open-air prison
Samer Issawi is to go free after a historic hunger strike. But there are now 23 other Palestinian prisoners jailed by Israel on hunger strike, and five of them (pictured above) are Jordanian. Several are in administrative detention, which violates the strict standards allowed an occupying power. One is afflicted with a skin disease caused by his cell being only a few meters away from a trash dump. Other hunger strikers have lost the ability to walk and are in wheelchairs
Tariq Assakani saw his father 6 years ago when he was 3. Never since. His father is in an Israeli prison and Tariq died in an accident yesterday
Down with Veolia: The University of Sheffield Palestine Society celebrates university’s decision to drop Veolia
“So proud of my University and especially the Palestine Society which I have had the pleasure of being a part of over the last few years. Today marks a huge achievement in the student BDS campaign and hopefully more Universities … Continue reading
[Ed. note: This is the followup of My first journey abroad] I spent the whole of the fifteen days and nights alone. I did not go back to my habitation. This was my first time away from my land, my … Continue reading
Malaka Mohammed writes about her first time leaving Gaza.
The detainee’s minister in the PA, Issa Qaraqe’, says that the Palestinian hunger striker Samer Issawi is living his last hours inside the Israeli prison hospitals after 195 days on hunger strike for freedom.
A letter from Samer Issawi, who has been on hunger strike for over 164 days now, was submitted through one of the lawyer’s who visited him on Sunday, January 1st, 2013.
Malaka Mohammed talks with Samer Issawi’s family after he has been on hunger strike for 152 days. Mohammed also gives updates on other Palestinian hunger strikers Jafar Azzidine, Tarek Qa’adan, and Yousef Yassin.
Veolia serves the illegal settlers in the occupied territories, and boycott pressure has now evidently caused it to miss out on a London contract
Malaka Mohammed writes about the first day of the Israeli assault on Gaza.