- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 2
- ‘Haaretz’ removes red-baiting headline — ‘I’m not anti-Israel’ — on … 3
- ‘Like the NRA, AIPAC sows fear in the halls of … 8
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to … 10
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians 9
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing … 25
- Mark Halperin excommunicates Rand Paul, over Israel 49
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation 8
- Roger Ailes demands NY village official take down ‘Facebook’ post. … 0
- On Easter week, Shaath says millions of Palestinians are denied … 0
- Let God’s people go — and return, too 0
- NY Times profile of Gazan long distance runner reveals reality … 0
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 0
- American citizen, translator and student—Mariam Barghouti arrested and detained in … 0
- Palestinian writers bring Gaza’s hardships to American audience 0
- Fear of Arab-Americans in the public square 0
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- Simon Schama’s Israel whitewash 158
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Amid ‘climate of fear’ at Vassar, president comes out against … 104
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- 6 DC heavyweights tell Kerry, Netanyahu in West Bank is … 99
- The Jewish community must not embrace Ayaan Hirsi Ali 97
- ‘There’s a lot of anti-Semitism out there’ — Johansson reviews … 93
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there http://t.co/9AbCKTTCIP, 9 hours ago
- Right-wing Israeli official says Israel is the home of all Jews & more news from Mondoweiss - http://t.co/IIJZkS5REa, 15 hours ago
- RT @Ali_Gharib: ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/rPj17uJLTM // I thought New York was your home, @EliClifton?, Apr 18
- Long ago, Bill Buckley and Woody Allen agreed on occupation http://t.co/iJJGCcrHNp, Apr 18
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official http://t.co/yMgZDiLFRW, Apr 18
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- On Easter, costly Jews – and costly Palestinians (9)
- Tensions rise on Temple Mount as rightwing Jews seek to hold Passover rituals there (10)
- ‘Israel is the home of all Jews,’ declares a right-wing official (25)
- piotr: I am not sure if hypocrisy was the issue. The “common sense thinking” 100 years ago was...
- lysias: That was typical British hypocrisy. Britain wanted Jews in Palestine for imperial reasons: to provide a...
- lysias: Jews must need to kvetch Do Israeli Jews kvetch? Hasn’t Israel done its best to suppress Yiddish and...
- Reports of anti-Semitism in Ukraine and Hungary (46)
- lysias: John Kerry, the head of the department in which Victoria Nuland is a high-ranking official.
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation (2)
- just: “He answered that the Israelis want the Palestinian to leave, that they want the land. But he also spoke...
Author Archives: Nu'man Abd al-Wahid
The current British wars on Arabs must be understood as part Great Britain’s imperial heritage.
One of the effects of the Obama presidency is that it has turned international warmongering on its head. The script, has been somewhat flipped. During the George W. Bush era there was very little doubt who was perceived to be leading the mindless, breast-beating clamour for war. What is now clear and impossible to avoid is that the United Kingdom is assuming the lead in calling for more Western intervention in the Middle East. As such and like Libya, the British have been leading the calls for a United States led intervention in Syria.
British conference kicks off campaign calling for apology and reparations for the Balfour declaration
The land of Lord Balfour hosted a rare but much needed conference on his infamous 1917 declaration. The event was convened by the appropriately named organisation, the Palestine Return Centre (PRC) on the 19th January 2013 in London. The aim of the … Continue reading
Today is the 95th anniversary of the Balfour Declaration. The declaration is best understood in the context of the British Empire’s need for security for Egypt and specifically the British owned Suez Canal.
Inevitably and tragically the United States has once again experienced a blowback of a policy not of its sole provenance.
Between 1917 and 1948 Great Britain more than any other nation helped to lay the diplomatic, governmental, military and economic foundations for Israel. Yet its commitment to the Zionist cause was due to its own imperial interest.
Osama bin Laden gained his reputation as a militant Islamist during the Western backed counter-insurgency – so-called “jihad” – against the Soviet Union’s invasion of Afghanistan in the 1980’s The main strategy employed by the West during this campaign to … Continue reading
“The British government have promised that what is called the Zionist movement shall have a fair chance in this country, and the British Government will do what is necessary to secure that fair chance…We cannot tolerate the expropriation of one … Continue reading