- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 2
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 31
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 17
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 15
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 6
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 3
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 11
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 56
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 0
- Avigdor Lieberman bombs everywhere but in The New York Times 0
- Eric Alterman’s ‘I Hate Max Blumenthal’ Handbook 0
- ‘New Republic’ writer claims Jews have ‘self-critical intellectual space’ on … 0
- Introducing Ms. Marvel (aka Kamala Khan): A superhero to counter … 0
- Contribute to Mondoweiss end of the year fundraiser and receive … 0
- What Comes Next: Towards a bi-national end-game in Palestine/Israel 0
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing … 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 194
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 120
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The country that cried wolf 58
- RT @imAK48: Fmr @NewIsraelFund Director & now Board member calls Nelson Mandela an "Israeli hero" http://t.co/cse8R6gP1r uhm > https://t.co/LMBVvZV4P7, 8 hours ago
- RT @IDFfan: .@Daroff @JeffreyGoldberg talking shop outside the White House http://t.co/MJIdfOjm94, 8 hours ago
- RT @joshnathankazis: Jewish groups on Mandela: Praise today, criticism in years past. http://t.co/tIKUTkkFcr, 8 hours ago
- RT @J_Insider: Top Tweets from White House Hanukkah Party - http://t.co/HsTs6t8jKz @Daroff @JerrySJFNA, 8 hours ago
- RT @theIMEU: Photo: Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela. (18 July, 1918 - 5 December, 2013) http://t.co/Xb5NDwrWYO, 10 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex (29)
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements (17)
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of Jews (120)
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is with Kerry (31)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is with Kerry” MY...
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine (15)
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ writer explains (6)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “To understand the right of return, you must remember that Netanyahu proudly tweeted a foto...
Author Archives: Nu'man Abd al-Wahid
One of the effects of the Obama presidency is that it has turned international warmongering on its head. The script, has been somewhat flipped. During the George W. Bush era there was very little doubt who was perceived to be leading the mindless, breast-beating clamour for war. What is now clear and impossible to avoid is that the United Kingdom is assuming the lead in calling for more Western intervention in the Middle East. As such and like Libya, the British have been leading the calls for a United States led intervention in Syria.
British conference kicks off campaign calling for apology and reparations for the Balfour declaration
The land of Lord Balfour hosted a rare but much needed conference on his infamous 1917 declaration. The event was convened by the appropriately named organisation, the Palestine Return Centre (PRC) on the 19th January 2013 in London. The aim of the … Continue reading
Today is the 95th anniversary of the Balfour Declaration. The declaration is best understood in the context of the British Empire’s need for security for Egypt and specifically the British owned Suez Canal.
Inevitably and tragically the United States has once again experienced a blowback of a policy not of its sole provenance.
Between 1917 and 1948 Great Britain more than any other nation helped to lay the diplomatic, governmental, military and economic foundations for Israel. Yet its commitment to the Zionist cause was due to its own imperial interest.
Osama bin Laden gained his reputation as a militant Islamist during the Western backed counter-insurgency – so-called “jihad” – against the Soviet Union’s invasion of Afghanistan in the 1980’s The main strategy employed by the West during this campaign to … Continue reading
“The British government have promised that what is called the Zionist movement shall have a fair chance in this country, and the British Government will do what is necessary to secure that fair chance…We cannot tolerate the expropriation of one … Continue reading