- ‘Forward’ piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall … 14
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by … 17
- Bradley Manning rally to feature, Ellsberg, Ann Wright, Dan Choi, … 3
- Another ‘NYT’ piece buys Israel’s al-Dura report– which PA spox … 7
- Jewish philanthropies stay away from org dedicated to Yiddish culture … 22
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature … 8
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable 28
- ‘Al Jazeera’ reposts Massad piece, after censoring it 4
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 2240
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 1716
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 1698
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 1368
- Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates … 1358
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on … 952
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 809
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 442
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 93
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 87
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 87
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 05/23/2013 - http://t.co/wBmYhiuSJr, 2 hours ago
- RT @drones: Attorney General Eric Holder: We've drone four Americans, three by accident. Oops. http://t.co/R5NrBGPJfQ, 14 hours ago
- RT @grassfed: MT“@BPFF_Festival: #Palestinian film "Omar" by Hany Abu-Assad, receives 5 min standing O at #Cannes: http://t.co/xvCDQDwuDP” …, 18 hours ago
- ‘Forward’piece on destruction of Palestinian neighborhood fronting Western Wall not embraced by all ‘Forward’ readers http://t.co/a8nvXYynM6, 19 hours ago
- Israel cracks down on American travel to West Bank by requiring tourists to obtain military permit http://t.co/vNUagVufkS, 19 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Biden says Jewish ‘influence’ behind American cultural politics is ‘immense… immense’ (41)
- Reporters Without Borders on the Israeli al-Dura investigation: ‘the nature and substance of this report are questionable and give the impression of a smear operation’ (8)
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (93)
- Shingo: How “many” exactly? Yes, that’s the question I too would like to know, seeing as the ALA were small in...
- Citizen: Yep, Hostage is a BIG PLUS on this blog. He sure knows his way around government archives. And he...
- Cliff: mondonut said: ” This is getting tiresome, so this is my last reply to this repeated nonsense.”...
- Obama’s secret wars in Muslim world make Americans vulnerable (28)
- Bumblebye: The political response seems over the top to me, making too much of it. That fires up the wrong people....
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (40)
- Hostage: This comment resorts to the similar argument that all Jewish people are represented by the Zionist gang...
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem (48)
- Cliff: no, not many people just Zionist Jews and their ideological allies normal people (non-tribal) can identify...
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Pamela Olson
Pamela Olson’s book tour tracks ongoing sea change in US public opinion: You used to need extra security to bring a pro-Palestine speaker to campus. Now you need extra security to bring a pro-Israel speaker.
Travel guru Rick Steves interviews Pamela Olson about the occupation. And so does National Geographic. America is changing. Olson will be doing events in Washington on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
When a Jewish friend came out to Israel for Passover, Pamela Olson got him to lie to his family and visit her in Ramallah, where he saw the dancing traffic cop. Another amazing fact about Palestine that you have never heard about in the west, where we have destroyed a civilization in our discourse
I’ve heard this already a couple times on my book tour: “Hey, we shouldn’t boycott settlement goods. It’ll hurt job prospects for Palestinians!” An excellent article in the Electronic Intifada picked up this theme and thoroughly demolished this ridiculous argument.
Pamela Olson: Like Abraham Lincoln, I believe people will make pretty good choices when given enough freedom and information.
Many people have asked me how Rania and her family have been doing this year. (Here’s the backstory on Rania, if you’re unfamiliar with it.) Thanks to the generosity of many kind donors, she was able to finish her house, … Continue reading
Jon Stewart on Mitt Romney’s claim that Israel’s economic superiority over the Palestinians is due to culture and the hand of God.
Jon Stewart mocks the Israel lobby, calls for an end to war drums, and urges U.N. to accept Palestinian state
20% of all income from the book ‘Fast Times in Palestine’ during the month of March will be donated to Occupy AIPAC.
Yesterday we posted reflections from Pamela Olson who has been in the West Bank during the UN debate over Palestinian statehood. Here is a follow up post on where she sees hope. Despite everything I outlined in the post yesterday, … Continue reading
That pretty much sums up the atmosphere in the West Bank following Abbas’ recent trip to the UN in New York to submit an application for statehood for Palestine. There was some anticipation leading up to his speech in the … Continue reading
After three and a half years, I’m delighted to announce that my book, Fast Times in Palestine, is between covers. It’s modeled in a sense after Uncle Tom’s Cabin, a book that didn’t try to pontificate about the evils of … Continue reading
Shortly after Hamas won Parliamentary elections in 2006, I wrote an essay that addressed frequently asked questions about the Hamas election victory. I thought now would be a good time to link to it (read the full essay here), given … Continue reading
Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert wrote an article in the New York Times (“He who Cast the First Stone Probably Didn’t”) explaining why starting cycles of violence is so easy. There are many forces at play, of course, but two basic … Continue reading
The Daily Show – America’s Freedom Packages Tags: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook Once again, Jon Stewart leads the way in pointing out America’s exquisite hypocrisy in the Middle East. John Oliver joins … Continue reading
The Daily Show – How Do You Solve a Problem Like Sharia? Tags: Daily Show Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,The Daily Show on Facebook Last night I fired up the Daily Show on my computer, something I hadn’t done … Continue reading
The Hour of Sunlight: One Palestinian’s Journey from Prisoner to Peacemaker, co-written with journalist Jen Marlowe (author of Darfur Diaries), tells the remarkable story of Sami Al Jundi. Recounted as a first-person narrative, it’s told with rare honesty, sparing no … Continue reading
The following is a piece from the Jerusalem Post (JPost), which is usually a pretty right-wing Israeli paper, but it has one amazing column called Rattling the Cage by Larry Derfner. Let me back up a minute. Last night I … Continue reading
I was in Washington, DC in the late summer of 2006 showing a Palestinian friend around, and I remember looking down the street at the US Capitol building. The intricate white dome soared into the sky, a breathtaking beacon of … Continue reading
This is adorable. And telling. And hilarious. Not the salmon!
As yet another boat—a Jewish one this time—is forcefully boarded by the Israeli navy while attempting to run the blockade of Gaza, a natural question for many Americans is: Why are boats still trying to run the blockade when Abbas … Continue reading
A fabulous party Tuesday night in Brooklyn was the latest in a series of nation-wide fundraisers to send an American boat to break the siege of Gaza. The Siege Busters’ Ball featured hours of eclectic performances, connections, conversations, and shoulder-shaking … Continue reading
Come one, come all to THE SIEGE BUSTERS BALL! A dance on International Day of Peace for the US BOAT TO GAZA CAMPAIGN Tickets $20-$40 – Purchase now at the Littlefield website All proceeds will go to support the US … Continue reading
Haaretz today notes that the settlers are becoming apoplectic because the Palestinians won’t stop boycotting settler goods, despite explicit requests by the Israelis that they do so. The article lists several settlement companies that are targeted: "Shamir Salads, Kobi Burekas, … Continue reading
"Salt of the Sea," an excellent Palestinian film with rare Hollywood power behind it — the first ever with a Palestinian-American lead — is opening in New York this weekend. It’s the story of a Palestinian woman from Brooklyn who … Continue reading