- Film Review — ‘Al Helm: Martin Luther King in Palestine’ 1
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial 3
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream 5
- ‘NYT’ and Wash Post won’t tell us why Dems are … 39
- ‘They’re not being kind to the brothers’ (Why Keith Richards … 9
- Deconstructing Netanyahu’s tribute to Mandela 44
- Despite being hard up for cash, Netanyahu (sorta) makes an … 2
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism 14
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 0
- Interview with Roger Waters: ‘It’s a duty for artists to … 0
- Israeli military attacks Palestinian commemorations of Nelson Mandela 0
- Israel apologists attempted to discredit Mandela with false Israel apartheid … 0
- ‘The Israeli sniper shot my son as if he hunted … 0
- Thousands mourn Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, 14, following ‘assassination’ by Israeli … 0
- Netanyahu ducks Mandela memorial 0
- Butler: ASA boycott resolution pressures Israeli and US institutions supporting … 0
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 200
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 128
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the … 127
- Obama’s Mandela eulogy — moving, and hypocritical 87
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state … 82
- Man of zeal? 78
- At New America Foundation, Max Blumenthal warns Israeli policy is … 76
- Help send Netanyahu to the Mandela memorial! 65
- South African activists post pro-Palestine banners at Mandela memorial http://t.co/3BmK05QVN9, 9 hours ago
- RT @aptly_engineerd: Israel approves detention without charges for African migrants http://t.co/5SUIhnyfpt via @reuters, 12 hours ago
- RT @elivalley: “'Anti-Zionists’ will not be permitted to speak using the Hillel name or under the Hillel roof.” - @eric_fingerhut http://t.co/yLjpfbZv3S, 12 hours ago
- RT @palestinefilm: Ashrawi urges NBC to halt drama series set in East Jerusalem | Maan News Agency http://t.co/2dALLUUJjA, 13 hours ago
- RT @adanielroth: Billel? Hillel Cool? Hillel Zero? Crystal Hillel? Hillel St. Blues? #NewNamesForSwarthmoreHillel @alexbkane @Mondoweiss @simonerzim, 13 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Obama and Kerry drop talk of Palestinian state for ‘state institutions’ and ‘transition’ (82)
- Defying Hillel rules, Swarthmore chapter invites anti-Zionists to come on in (30)
- Hostage: Krauss, Annie, Bumble, and Hostage, You are all intelligent and well versed in deciphering NewSpeak....
- Mandela and the responsibility of activism (14)
- Protesters ask Target to drop Israeli settlement product SodaStream (5)
- Hostage: We all buy Chinese made goods from a country with more human rights violations than Israel. This double...
- Israeli report: Kerry proposed long-term Israeli military presence in the Jordan Valley (127)
- talknic: @ miriam6 “Both Abbas and Mustapha Bargouti have said they would not allow Jews holding Israeli...
- Hostage: Both Abbas and Mustapha Bargouti have said they would not allow Jews holding Israeli citizenship to remain....
- Hostage: Presumably that would also mean no Palestinians holding Palestinian citizenship would be allowed to reside...
Author Archives: Popular Struggle Coordination Committee
Today as Barack Obama arrived at Ben Gurion Airport, hundreds of Palestinians erected a new neighborhood of the Bab al Shams protest village. An organizer of the action says, “An administration that used the veto 43 times out of 79 (between 1979 to 2011) in support of Israel and against Palestinian rights, an administration that grants military aid to Israel of over three billion dollars annually, can’t have any positive contribution to achieve justice and rights of the Palestinian people.”
Over 1000 protest in front of Ofer prison in support of hunger striking prisoners. Two protesters were injured from live ammunition in addition to dozens from rubber coated bullets during the clashes erupted after the Friday Prayer in front of Ofer prison.
Activists steadfast as Bab al-Shams violently evicted by Israeli soldiers – ‘We will not remain silent as Israel continues to build Jewish-only colonies on our land’
Last night, shortly before 3 a.m. local time, hundreds of Israeli soldiers and police officers raided the Palestinian protest encampment of Bab al-Shams (Gate of the Sun), and violently evicted its 150 inhabitants. The massive police force began by removing journalists and proceeded to drag people away, beating some of them. Six Palestinians required medical care at the Ramallah Hospital.
On the anniversary of his death, activists name Israeli soldiers responsible for killing Mustafa Tamimi
Last year on December 9th, Mustafa Tamimi, a 28 year old resident of Nabi Saleh, was shot by soldiers a few feet away directly in the face by a tear-gas projectile during the weekly protest in the village. Activists commemorated Mustafa’s death and exposed the identity of two Israeli soldiers involved in the killing in a campaign called “Who Killed Mustafa Tamimi?” According to the activists, the soldiers have been identified as Aviram Boniel and Lieutenant Colonel Shay Ben Yshai.
Demonstrations across the West Bank continued yesterday in Hebron, Nablus, Bethlehem, Ramallah, Jenin, Toubas and other cities.
This morning, more than 100 Palestinians, joined by number of international activists staged an action protest at the entrance of Rami Levi’s supermarket in Sha’ar Benjamin settlement north of Ramallah, to protest occupation and settler terror. They entered the market and walked up and down the aisles chanting for freedom and waving Palestinians flags.
Palestinians block Israeli-only road in the West Bank: ‘Israeli daily life can’t continue on as normal while Palestinians suffer under settler terror’
Today, about 50 Palestinians joined by number of international activists blocked Road 443 (known as Modi’in, which passes on West Bank lands, connecting Tel Aviv to Jerusalem). The road was blocked for about 30 minutes to Israeli and settler traffic. Soldiers and Border Police who arrived on the scene physically attacked protestors and journalists, and used pepper spray and sound bombs.
At 1:30 last night, large forces of Israeli army raided many of the houses in the village of Nabi Saleh including of Bassem, Naji, Bilal Tamimi, without having any warrant. Accompanied by dogs, soldiers have searched several houses, while making a record of the residents and their houses and photographing them.
Issa Amro, Coordinator of Youth Against Settlements, was stopped last night by Israeli authorities at the Allenby Bridge. He was arrested and taken to Hebron police station, where he was interrogated for hours on suspicion of involvement in organizing the women’s action that took place in Hebron last Wednesday, at the segregated Shuhada Street.
The video, filmed on June 1, during the weekly demonstration in the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh, shows an Israeli officer standing in a dominant position, above two protesters, throwing stones and firing live ammunition at them.
Nabi Saleh’s Bassem Tamimi convicted by Israeli courts based on coerced testimony from 15-year-old boy
Bassem Tamimi was arrested in March of 2011, indicted on protest-organizing charges, and has spent 13 months in jail before he was granted bail last month. His trial has shed light on systematic violations of Palestinian minors’ right during police interrogations, and the use of their coerced confession to persecute political leadership.
Yesterday, protesters blocked the entrance to the Ma’ale Adumim settlement in support of the Palestinian prisoner hunger strike. The road that was blocked leads to the “Judea and Samaria Central Unit’s interrogation center”, one of the largest in the West Bank.
Thousands took to the streets today in Palestinian cities and villages across the West Bank, in solidarity with over 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners on hunger strike.