- Democratic Party leader echoes Netanyahu’s new theme: Hamas equals ISIS 40
- ‘Common Dreams’ website traps Hasbara troll spewing anti-Semitism 42
- In Photos: Thousands pack Rafah streets for funeral of top … 8
- ‘The land of goodness turned upside down to the wasteland … 4
- State Dep’t says it’s ‘not OK’ that Israel detained another … 12
- Religious entitlement behind ‘incineration’ of Gaza resonates with Nazi ideology … 12
- My personal BDS 10
- In the battle between war and dreams, dreams last longer 1
- Lobbyist tells Eliot Engel he has ‘the blood of hundreds … 0
- Mort Zuckerman claims he toured the devastation in Gaza. Really? 0
- Rob Reiner wants to pick Palestinians’ leaders for them 0
- Witnessing Gaza 0
- Gruesome tales surface of Israeli massacres against families in Gaza’s … 0
- HAMAS made me do it! 0
- With ceasefire set to expire, Palestinians aim to lift the … 0
- Hundreds of Ohioans say our gov’t is on the ‘wrong … 0
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means … 172
- US branch of the Jewish ‘family’ owes the homeland ‘unconditional … 170
- Watch: Young Israeli Jew at Western Wall calls for ‘another … 117
- The Walzer Problem 96
- Video: Gaza forces young Jew to overcome ‘giant hostile ferocious … 89
- Is the firing of Steven Salaita the beginning of a … 86
- Tunnels-to-kindergartens propaganda Netanyahu peddled to NYT and CNN is exploded … 85
- Hillary Clinton’s 11th-hour diplomacy 80
- RT @DCIPalestine: Israeli forces use Palestinian child as human shield for 5 days in Gaza http://t.co/jYAMVQ9cTi #GazaUnderAttack http://t.co/AA4R1F9Dd9, 4 hours ago
- RT @DCIPalestine: Ahmad was just 16 yrs old when he was taken by Israeli forces in Gaza on July 23 & used as a human shield http://t.co/am711DdA8Y, 4 hours ago
- Democratic Party leader @RepSteveIsrael echoes Netanyahu's new theme: Hamas equals ISIS http://t.co/OfDoD4kxLz, 4 hours ago
- 'Common Dreams' website traps Hasbara troll spewing anti-Semitism http://t.co/gJb7IU5L9A, 5 hours ago
- Photos: Thousands pack Rafah streets for funeral of top Hamas commanders http://t.co/z3boysUrVq #Gaza @dancohen3000 http://t.co/QTNNTsB6Hl, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts’ (57)
- AbigailOK: @Michtom +1 and then some!
- Despite ravages of war, Gaza supports armed resistance to lift the siege (20)
- Salaita’s stellar teaching record exposes political motivation behind his firing (33)
- ‘Lesson: The Jews will defend themselves even if it means killing children’ (140)
- Anti-occupation activists in New York blast United Jewish Appeal for supporting attacks on Gaza (11)
- just: Antony Loewenstein: “…In the global Jewish diaspora, dissent against Israel of this magnitude is a...
- Ari Shavit calls out every brutality, except the ones Israel is complicit in (38)
- jon s: Ari Shavit has a piece today on the rise of Antisemitism: http://www.haaretz.com/opinion /.premium-1.611665
- Four arrested after occupying Senator Feinstein’s LA office to protest military aid (3)
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “Four arrested after occupying Senator Feinstein’s LA office to protest military aid”...
- ‘I mourn my Jewish community, which seeks to justify these inexcusable acts’ (57)
Author Archives: Popular Struggle Coordination Committee
Video: Nonviolent Palestinian protesters sing as they are forcibly evicted by soldiers from occupied village
Non violence meets an occupying military: Popular Struggle Coordination Committee press release on Israeli evictions of Palestinian resident-citizens of Ein Hijleh
Palestinians launch campaign against Israeli annexation of Jordan Valley by reviving village of Ein Hijleh
Hundreds of Palestinians announced today the launching of “Melh Al-Ard” (Salt of the Earth) campaign by reviving the village of Ein Hijleh in the Jordan Valley on land belonging to the Orthodox Church and St. Gerassimos monastery. The campaign is launched in refusal of Israeli policies aimed at Judaizing and annexing the Jordan Valley.
Today as Barack Obama arrived at Ben Gurion Airport, hundreds of Palestinians erected a new neighborhood of the Bab al Shams protest village. An organizer of the action says, “An administration that used the veto 43 times out of 79 (between 1979 to 2011) in support of Israel and against Palestinian rights, an administration that grants military aid to Israel of over three billion dollars annually, can’t have any positive contribution to achieve justice and rights of the Palestinian people.”
Over 1000 protest in front of Ofer prison in support of hunger striking prisoners. Two protesters were injured from live ammunition in addition to dozens from rubber coated bullets during the clashes erupted after the Friday Prayer in front of Ofer prison.
Activists steadfast as Bab al-Shams violently evicted by Israeli soldiers – ‘We will not remain silent as Israel continues to build Jewish-only colonies on our land’
Last night, shortly before 3 a.m. local time, hundreds of Israeli soldiers and police officers raided the Palestinian protest encampment of Bab al-Shams (Gate of the Sun), and violently evicted its 150 inhabitants. The massive police force began by removing journalists and proceeded to drag people away, beating some of them. Six Palestinians required medical care at the Ramallah Hospital.
On the anniversary of his death, activists name Israeli soldiers responsible for killing Mustafa Tamimi
Last year on December 9th, Mustafa Tamimi, a 28 year old resident of Nabi Saleh, was shot by soldiers a few feet away directly in the face by a tear-gas projectile during the weekly protest in the village. Activists commemorated Mustafa’s death and exposed the identity of two Israeli soldiers involved in the killing in a campaign called “Who Killed Mustafa Tamimi?” According to the activists, the soldiers have been identified as Aviram Boniel and Lieutenant Colonel Shay Ben Yshai.
Demonstrations across the West Bank continued yesterday in Hebron, Nablus, Bethlehem, Ramallah, Jenin, Toubas and other cities.
This morning, more than 100 Palestinians, joined by number of international activists staged an action protest at the entrance of Rami Levi’s supermarket in Sha’ar Benjamin settlement north of Ramallah, to protest occupation and settler terror. They entered the market and walked up and down the aisles chanting for freedom and waving Palestinians flags.
Palestinians block Israeli-only road in the West Bank: ‘Israeli daily life can’t continue on as normal while Palestinians suffer under settler terror’
Today, about 50 Palestinians joined by number of international activists blocked Road 443 (known as Modi’in, which passes on West Bank lands, connecting Tel Aviv to Jerusalem). The road was blocked for about 30 minutes to Israeli and settler traffic. Soldiers and Border Police who arrived on the scene physically attacked protestors and journalists, and used pepper spray and sound bombs.
At 1:30 last night, large forces of Israeli army raided many of the houses in the village of Nabi Saleh including of Bassem, Naji, Bilal Tamimi, without having any warrant. Accompanied by dogs, soldiers have searched several houses, while making a record of the residents and their houses and photographing them.
Issa Amro, Coordinator of Youth Against Settlements, was stopped last night by Israeli authorities at the Allenby Bridge. He was arrested and taken to Hebron police station, where he was interrogated for hours on suspicion of involvement in organizing the women’s action that took place in Hebron last Wednesday, at the segregated Shuhada Street.
The video, filmed on June 1, during the weekly demonstration in the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh, shows an Israeli officer standing in a dominant position, above two protesters, throwing stones and firing live ammunition at them.
Nabi Saleh’s Bassem Tamimi convicted by Israeli courts based on coerced testimony from 15-year-old boy
Bassem Tamimi was arrested in March of 2011, indicted on protest-organizing charges, and has spent 13 months in jail before he was granted bail last month. His trial has shed light on systematic violations of Palestinian minors’ right during police interrogations, and the use of their coerced confession to persecute political leadership.
Yesterday, protesters blocked the entrance to the Ma’ale Adumim settlement in support of the Palestinian prisoner hunger strike. The road that was blocked leads to the “Judea and Samaria Central Unit’s interrogation center”, one of the largest in the West Bank.
Thousands took to the streets today in Palestinian cities and villages across the West Bank, in solidarity with over 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners on hunger strike.