- Horrifying details continue to emerge of massacre in Khuza’a 4
- Hamas mimics Hezbollah tactics, and no one will have stability … 38
- How Israel militarized social media 6
- U.S. casts lonely vote against establishing war crimes inquiry in … 38
- Jews Say: End the War on Gaza — No Aid to … 6
- Gaza massacre is generating ideological crisis in American Zionists 47
- Avishai says we misrepresented his views 30
- Israeli forces shell UN school where displaced Palestinians gathered, killing … 98
- Heathcote Williams: ‘An Old Man and a Young Man in … 0
- CNN headline: “100 people killed today in Israel, Gaza fighting” 0
- Lacking bomb shelters, Israel’s Bedouins advised to ‘protect themselves by … 0
- The other side of history 0
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 0
- Democrat Eliot Engel appears at pro-Israel rally featuring anti-Muslim activist … 0
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 0
- Netanyahu’s latest ‘cartoon evidence’: racist image identifying Muslims with terror 0
- Massacre in Gaza: At least 60 killed in Shuja’iyeh, over … 363
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year … 244
- Finally, Israel is alienating the US mainstream media 237
- In Photos: Worldwide protest against Israeli attack on Gaza (Updated) 217
- ‘We are moving from Iron Dome to an iron fist’: … 216
- Israeli strike kills four Palestinian children playing soccer on Gaza … 193
- Israel is in a pickle 138
- Renouncing my Israeli citizenship 127
- Most horrifying Khuza'a account so far:@Ibn3arbi "I saw woman carrying her dead child in 1 arm & white flag in other" http://t.co/OSmfk8ipXp, 12 mins ago
- Khuza'a also feat in the Goldstone Report w/ story of Rouhiyah al-Najjar who was killed while waving a white flag http://t.co/OSmfk8ipXp, 18 mins ago
- .@pchrgaza on Khuza'a: Israeli drone fires missile into car, kills 4 civilians, victims not id b/c bodies were burnt http://t.co/OSmfk8ipXp, 21 mins ago
- .@pchrgaza on Khuza’a: Mohammed Ahmed Suleiman al-Najjar, 56, killed by a bullet to the neck trying to leave village http://t.co/OSmfk8ipXp, 23 mins ago
- .@pchrgaza on Khuza'a: Israeli forces fired at civilians w/ white flags attempting to leave village http://t.co/OSmfk8ipXp #GazaUnderAttack, 25 mins ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
- Shingo: Hamas must think Israelis are stupid by offering Israel a hudna that it will readily break when its strong...
- seafoid: It’s interesting to read Israel’s attitude before they started the offensive...
- talknic: If UNRWA handed them to Hamas where’s the problem? Hamas is the authority. Hamas is permitted to be...
- Arab reporters come under attack from Israelis (86)
- seafoid: Mr Danny Danon of Likud says of the FAA’s decision to ban incoming American flights...
- Walid: “Is there any word on whether or not HB intends to get involved?” dbroncos, not a word other than...
- Walid: “Walid I thought Dahlan was living in UAE? Did he relocate?” My mistake, Sumud, I have my...
- The fascists wanted to murder us: An eyewitness account of Haifa’s anti-war protest (21)
- Shingo: Where were you when they built the Dimona facility and then lied to the world about its existence. You’re...
- ‘Telegenically Dead’: Israel’s crumbling media war (57)
- seafoid: Lucy Aharish is a Palestinian TV anchor on Israeli TV http://www.haaretz.com/news...
- Naomi Wolf walked out of synagogue when they had nothing to say about Gaza massacre (54)
- The deafening silence around the Hamas proposal for a 10-year truce (124)
Author Archives: Popular Struggle Coordination Committee
Video: Nonviolent Palestinian protesters sing as they are forcibly evicted by soldiers from occupied village
Non violence meets an occupying military: Popular Struggle Coordination Committee press release on Israeli evictions of Palestinian resident-citizens of Ein Hijleh
Palestinians launch campaign against Israeli annexation of Jordan Valley by reviving village of Ein Hijleh
Hundreds of Palestinians announced today the launching of “Melh Al-Ard” (Salt of the Earth) campaign by reviving the village of Ein Hijleh in the Jordan Valley on land belonging to the Orthodox Church and St. Gerassimos monastery. The campaign is launched in refusal of Israeli policies aimed at Judaizing and annexing the Jordan Valley.
Today as Barack Obama arrived at Ben Gurion Airport, hundreds of Palestinians erected a new neighborhood of the Bab al Shams protest village. An organizer of the action says, “An administration that used the veto 43 times out of 79 (between 1979 to 2011) in support of Israel and against Palestinian rights, an administration that grants military aid to Israel of over three billion dollars annually, can’t have any positive contribution to achieve justice and rights of the Palestinian people.”
Over 1000 protest in front of Ofer prison in support of hunger striking prisoners. Two protesters were injured from live ammunition in addition to dozens from rubber coated bullets during the clashes erupted after the Friday Prayer in front of Ofer prison.
Activists steadfast as Bab al-Shams violently evicted by Israeli soldiers – ‘We will not remain silent as Israel continues to build Jewish-only colonies on our land’
Last night, shortly before 3 a.m. local time, hundreds of Israeli soldiers and police officers raided the Palestinian protest encampment of Bab al-Shams (Gate of the Sun), and violently evicted its 150 inhabitants. The massive police force began by removing journalists and proceeded to drag people away, beating some of them. Six Palestinians required medical care at the Ramallah Hospital.
On the anniversary of his death, activists name Israeli soldiers responsible for killing Mustafa Tamimi
Last year on December 9th, Mustafa Tamimi, a 28 year old resident of Nabi Saleh, was shot by soldiers a few feet away directly in the face by a tear-gas projectile during the weekly protest in the village. Activists commemorated Mustafa’s death and exposed the identity of two Israeli soldiers involved in the killing in a campaign called “Who Killed Mustafa Tamimi?” According to the activists, the soldiers have been identified as Aviram Boniel and Lieutenant Colonel Shay Ben Yshai.
Demonstrations across the West Bank continued yesterday in Hebron, Nablus, Bethlehem, Ramallah, Jenin, Toubas and other cities.
This morning, more than 100 Palestinians, joined by number of international activists staged an action protest at the entrance of Rami Levi’s supermarket in Sha’ar Benjamin settlement north of Ramallah, to protest occupation and settler terror. They entered the market and walked up and down the aisles chanting for freedom and waving Palestinians flags.
Palestinians block Israeli-only road in the West Bank: ‘Israeli daily life can’t continue on as normal while Palestinians suffer under settler terror’
Today, about 50 Palestinians joined by number of international activists blocked Road 443 (known as Modi’in, which passes on West Bank lands, connecting Tel Aviv to Jerusalem). The road was blocked for about 30 minutes to Israeli and settler traffic. Soldiers and Border Police who arrived on the scene physically attacked protestors and journalists, and used pepper spray and sound bombs.
At 1:30 last night, large forces of Israeli army raided many of the houses in the village of Nabi Saleh including of Bassem, Naji, Bilal Tamimi, without having any warrant. Accompanied by dogs, soldiers have searched several houses, while making a record of the residents and their houses and photographing them.
Issa Amro, Coordinator of Youth Against Settlements, was stopped last night by Israeli authorities at the Allenby Bridge. He was arrested and taken to Hebron police station, where he was interrogated for hours on suspicion of involvement in organizing the women’s action that took place in Hebron last Wednesday, at the segregated Shuhada Street.
The video, filmed on June 1, during the weekly demonstration in the West Bank village of Nabi Saleh, shows an Israeli officer standing in a dominant position, above two protesters, throwing stones and firing live ammunition at them.
Nabi Saleh’s Bassem Tamimi convicted by Israeli courts based on coerced testimony from 15-year-old boy
Bassem Tamimi was arrested in March of 2011, indicted on protest-organizing charges, and has spent 13 months in jail before he was granted bail last month. His trial has shed light on systematic violations of Palestinian minors’ right during police interrogations, and the use of their coerced confession to persecute political leadership.
Yesterday, protesters blocked the entrance to the Ma’ale Adumim settlement in support of the Palestinian prisoner hunger strike. The road that was blocked leads to the “Judea and Samaria Central Unit’s interrogation center”, one of the largest in the West Bank.
Thousands took to the streets today in Palestinian cities and villages across the West Bank, in solidarity with over 2,000 Palestinian political prisoners on hunger strike.