- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 36
- American Studies Association national council endorses academic boycott of Israel 16
- ‘Globe’ readers slam paper for ignoring unfair distribution of water … 6
- Marked for destruction: Jerusalem neighborhoods brace for large wave of … 1
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ 19
- Israel approves new town in Negev– no Bedouins need apply 0
- Leonard Bernstein cared more about Israel than sex 22
- Like the status quo? Ever wanted to stand on the … 10
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 0
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 0
- 12,000 Cherokee, 40,000 Bedouin — Don’t let history repeat 0
- More Jewish settlers needed in Galilee to ‘balance’ Palestinian population 0
- A loving remembrance of Peter Kaplan 0
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing … 0
- Interview with Dr. Haidar Eid: ‘The Palestinian struggle is not … 0
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 168
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 99
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- The false analogy of Syria and Palestine 67
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The country that cried wolf 58
- RT @alexbkane: Hilarious. @Eric_Alterman takes issue with @natashalennard's correct math--He has written 9 pieces on @MaxBlumenthal http://t.co/VWrlzjfZ8D, 11 hours ago
- RT @Justworldbooks: We'll b ready to upload #gazawritesback files to printer any day now! Woohoo! http://t.co/jT2rA0NIHt, 11 hours ago
- RT @AmerStudiesAssn: ASA National Council Votes Unanimously To Endorse Academic Boycott of Israel #2013ASA #BDS http://t.co/wxZAxu5XAM, 13 hours ago
- RT @AmerStudiesAssn: The ASA National Council endorses academic boycott and recommends the members endorse as well. #2013ASA #BDS, 13 hours ago
- RT @jvplive: PRESS RELEASE: Jewish Voice for Peace Responds to @AmerStudiesAssn's Resolution on Academic Boycotts: http://t.co/FS1XBxuMPC, 13 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- American Studies Association national council endorses academic boycott of Israel (16)
- thankgodimatheist: “Those who voted for this antisemitic resolution will be judged harshly by history.”...
- NickJOCW: The whole business cries out for coordination. There is need for an unequivocal list of umbrella demands....
- jon s: See Prof. Stanley Fish on the boycott: http://opinionator.blogs.nytim es.com/2013/10/28/academic-...
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of Jews (99)
- traintosiberia: It was the brutal power of the institution,the military,the police and the majority combined with...
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond Tree’ was to shine a light on Palestinian suffering and help bring about peace (168)
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (19)
- adele: Corasanti’s bio (http://thealmondtreebook.com/ author/) is very detailed but nowhere is it mentioned...
- LeaNder: After a slightly what felt like a staccato start language wise and some matters that puzzled me, it’s...
- Annie Robbins: more or less admitted sounds like more or less being pregnant. an Israeli student invited to an Arab...
- What Comes Next: Towards a bi-national end-game in Palestine/Israel (13)
- Tal: Other than differences in language (Hebrew and Arabic) between Israel and Palestine, the only other distinctive...
- American Studies Association national council endorses academic boycott of Israel (16)
Author Archives: Today in Palestine
Araqib village razed for the 45th time The Israeli authorities razed the Araqib village in the Negev desert for the 45th time running claiming that the houses were built without permit. link to www.palestine-info.co.uk Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic … Continue reading
Israel grows jittery of new Palestinian uprising JERUSALEM (AP) — The rising confidence and bellicosity of Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, combined with rapidly deteriorating relations with Israel’s would-be peace partner in the West Bank, are raising jitters in … Continue reading
500 Israeli soldiers ransack homes in Burqa Around 500 Israeli soldiers invaded the village of Burqa, north-west of Nablus, in the middle of the night, ransacking homes and causing damages amounting to thousands of euros. Soldiers arrived in over 30 … Continue reading
Israeli army officer in South Hebron Hills: ‘Today we demolish the mosque but as soon as we get the court order we will demolish your house as well’
Demolition in Mufaqra Perhaps you have read in recent days about the decision of the Israeli government to build more houses in settlements throughout the West Bank as a response to the Palestinian appeal to the UN. But most probably … Continue reading
Israel demonstrates sovereignty over occupied territories by stamping passports of West Bank visitors ‘Judea and Samaria only’
Settlements / Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation Effective annexation: Israel now stamping passports of West Bank visitors “Judea and Samaria only”, Ali Abunimah The latest change is further proof that … Continue reading
Two Israeli Policemen Face Charges Of Abusing A Kidney Patient Israeli paper, Yedioth Aharonoth, reported that two Israeli Policemen are facing charges after they abused and humiliated a Palestinian kidney patient, including hitting him with their rifles, at a military … Continue reading
Palestine: Oppression Will not Work Anyone who knows a little bit of history realizes that when there is situation where a people has refused to surrender and abandon its rights, oppressing it will not work. The only ones who may … Continue reading
Three Injured By Israeli Fire In Khan Younis Palestinian medical sources reported that three Palestinians have been injured, on Sunday evening, after Israeli soldiers, stationed across the border, opened fire at them in Al-Faraheen area, east of Khan Younis, in … Continue reading
Someone please tell The New York Times, we mourn, we mourn… Israeli Terrorism / Eyewitness Reports / Testimonials LISTEN: Israel heavily bombards Gaza, audio recordings by Rana Baker EI’s blogger Rana Baker (@RanaGaza on Twitter) continues to record the … Continue reading
Israeli War on Palestinians in Gaza / Eyewitness Accounts / Testimonies As it happened: Huge airstrike in Gaza Airstrikes have continued in Gaza overnight. Have a listen to what happened as our Al Jazeera news presenter was speaking to our … Continue reading
Dead mothers, teachers and babies in Gaza yet media overwhelmingly focuses on rocket fire into Israel
Israeli Attacks / Eyewitness Accounts Friday; Israel Carried Out 30 Air Strikes Against Gaza In Less Than 30 Minutes The Israeli Army continued its escalation against the civilian population in the Gaza Strip and carried out, early on Friday morning, … Continue reading
Army Occupies School In Jenin Israeli soldiers invaded, on Tuesday evening, a school east of Jenin city, in the northern part of the West Bank, and used it as a military post and monitoring tower. link to www.imemc.org Israeli forces … Continue reading
Netanyahu meeting with foreign diplomats to ‘prepare international public opinion for an Israeli operation in Gaza’
Large Scale Israeli Offensive On Gaza Likely Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported that the office of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is preparing the international public opinion for a large-scale military offensive against the Gaza Strip, adding that it seems that … Continue reading
Operation Dove, an Italian-based humanitarian organization, reports that on November 6th the Israeli military demolished one house and a stumble in the Palestinian village of Derath, and then proceeded to demolish a house and a water cistern in the Palestinian village of Jawaya.
Watch: New DAM hip hop track with video co-directed by Jackie Salloum targets violence against women, Ali Abunimah “If I could go back in time” DAM raps the story “backwards” from death to birth of a young woman murdered by members … Continue reading
Palestinian Injured By Settlers Near Nablus Palestinian medical sources in Nablus, in the northern part of the West Bank, reported that a resident was injured during clashes with Israeli soldiers who invaded the Orif village, south of Nablus, and clashes … Continue reading
Abbas says he has no right to live on the land he was displaced from Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation European Union Trades More With Israeli Settlements Than With … Continue reading
Seven Palestinians including three children, a woman and her son were arrested in Al Khalil Israeli authorities arrested seven Palestinians on Tuesday in the southern West Bank city of Hebron, including three children, a woman and her son. Said Raba, a … Continue reading
The Netanyahu-Lieberman alliance will accelerate isolationism and discrimination When I interviewed Professor Avi Shlaim last month, he said that the current Israeli government was “is the most right-wing, the most hawkish, the most uncompromising … in Israel’s entire history”. That … Continue reading
Israeli TV corrects the record — no rockets were fired from UNRWA schools in Gaza during ‘Cast Lead’
By Ali Abunimah, Another staple of Israeli propangada has been busted, as Israeli television has – years late – admitted that claims rockets were fired from UNRWA schools in Gaza were false. UNRWA, the UN agency for Palestine refugees, issued … Continue reading
WAFA: Israel denied in September 16 Gaza patients, including one child, the right to travel to the West Bank to receive medical treatment, according to the World Health Organization’s monthly report on referral of patients from the Gaza Strip published Monday.
Settler strips, insult Prophet’ in south Hebron village HEBRON (Ma’an) — Israeli settlers in the south Hebron hills assaulted Palestinian villagers on Friday evening, residents told Ma’an. Three Israelis from the Karmel settlement entered Um al-Kher village, and one threw rocks … Continue reading
Institute for Palestine Studies presents digital edition of landmark ‘Before Their Diaspora: A photographic history of the Palestinians, 1876-1948′
Before Their Diaspora is a visual journey into Palestine before 1948 Every important aspect of Palestinian society comes to life in the nearly 500 photographs, carefully selected from thousands available in private and public collections throughout the world. Descriptive, analytical … Continue reading
Settlers receive an escort from the Israeli military to intimidate Palestinians harvesting their olive trees
Colonist Activity in Beit Ommar Land Supported by Soldiers At 10 a.m. Friday, October 12th about 100 colonists, escorted by soldiers from the Israeli occupation forces, walked out of Karmei Tsur. They went in the direction of Jala at the … Continue reading
Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic Cleansing / Restriction of Movement / Apartheid & Occupation WATCH: IDF declares Palestinian grazing lands closed military zone Last Saturday, a group of Ta’ayush activists traveled to the South Hebron Hills to provide support … Continue reading