- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution 2
- Netanyahu tweets red-telephone picture, to show how happy he is … 29
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements 15
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine 11
- Because Israel mocks the peace process, we need BDS, ‘Salon’ … 5
- Infographic: 20 Years of talks Keep Palestinians occupied — with … 3
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal 10
- Israeli ambassador’s present to Obama — settlement cufflinks! 56
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 0
- Avigdor Lieberman bombs everywhere but in The New York Times 0
- Eric Alterman’s ‘I Hate Max Blumenthal’ Handbook 0
- ‘New Republic’ writer claims Jews have ‘self-critical intellectual space’ on … 0
- Introducing Ms. Marvel (aka Kamala Khan): A superhero to counter … 0
- Contribute to Mondoweiss end of the year fundraiser and receive … 0
- What Comes Next: Towards a bi-national end-game in Palestine/Israel 0
- Ari Shavit is hardwired into the Israeli elite—but knows nothing … 0
- Preaching to the choir: reflections on Max Blumenthal’s ‘Goliath’ 337
- Corasanti responds to Abulhawa: My purpose in writing ‘The Almond … 194
- ‘NYT’ article on Palestinian refugees manages to quote Israeli govt … 138
- Netanyahu’s ‘gift’ to Pope: book on Catholic church’s persecution of … 117
- AIPAC plays the long game on new Iran sanctions 81
- The Almond Tree: When novels distort legacies of struggle 59
- Only sanctions against Israel will end occupation — Gideon Levy 58
- The country that cried wolf 58
- RT @imAK48: Fmr @NewIsraelFund Director & now Board member calls Nelson Mandela an "Israeli hero" http://t.co/cse8R6gP1r uhm > https://t.co/LMBVvZV4P7, 4 hours ago
- RT @IDFfan: .@Daroff @JeffreyGoldberg talking shop outside the White House http://t.co/MJIdfOjm94, 4 hours ago
- RT @joshnathankazis: Jewish groups on Mandela: Praise today, criticism in years past. http://t.co/tIKUTkkFcr, 4 hours ago
- RT @J_Insider: Top Tweets from White House Hanukkah Party - http://t.co/HsTs6t8jKz @Daroff @JerrySJFNA, 4 hours ago
- RT @theIMEU: Photo: Rest in peace, Nelson Mandela. (18 July, 1918 - 5 December, 2013) http://t.co/Xb5NDwrWYO, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal (10)
- Annie Robbins: Just goes to show where collaboration with Israel can lead …. great review. except nowhere in...
- W.Jones: Yes. In order to continue to discuss it, I will read the book at length. It sounds like a good read, no...
- Annie Robbins: With all us guys and gals on the sidelines. and you’re at the top of that list w.jones, w/over...
- Romeo and Juliet in Palestine (11)
- David Kattenburg: An audio story about Al-Quds that I produced last year. Says it all: http://www.greenplanetmonit...
- RoHa: A real teacher teaching Shakespeare! Have I fallen through a timewarp? “And so he uses a mix of...
- miriam6: Walid@; Hi Walid – you are spoiling us with your lovely mini dissertation on the poetry of Mahmoud...
- Corasanti unknowingly affirms criticism of ‘The Almond Tree’ (27)
- Annie Robbins: keith, to begin with, you’re making a lot of assumptions i wouldn’t make and that i think...
- Students support the American Studies Association boycott resolution (2)
- pabelmont: Yes and I hope the Cornell SJP and all the others will protest that existing close relationship as well...
- Schumer says it’s a ‘mistake’ for Kerry to criticize settlements (15)
- The Almond Tree: A peace proposal (10)
Author Archives: Theodore Sayeed
The west should save the Muslim world its lecture about free speech so long as it limits a host of expressions touching on its own sacred cows
Michael Moore is spending his personal and political capital talking up Emad Burnat of the great documentary ‘Five Broken Cameras’
A Muslim with an affinity for bombs is a hate preacher. A columnist with an enthusiasm for bombs is a political analyst.
Sam Harris claims that I misrepresented his views in my last article. Yes: I did not portray the full spectrum of his militaristic and bizarre opinions with the justice they warrant.
Gore Vidal has quit this fallen world and completed the cycle of being and becoming. One might think death is the only thing in life about which surprise is impossible, but as with the winning national lotto numbers, it is always something which befalls the stranger. I have ransacked the interior of my cranium to locate my first memory of Gore. To find the earliest sighting of the man and the icon. No luck. It seems like somehow he’s always formed a part of the mental furniture.
A number of Islamic deserters have cropped up in the years since 9/11. In touchy political subjects that demand some measure of tact and careful handling, insiders are a useful ideological tool in the armor of the state, and with their highly prized Muslim biography, a number of them have become the brown face of the War on Terror. The average Muslim renegade would wish to have no connection with this obscenity; but the average does not capture headlines. For that you need loud eccentrics with a sharp eye for controversy.
The Devil sucks in the most devout. In theology fanatics make for easier marks for conversion than moderates because of the jitters and fright common to all such breeds who fear their minds will be colonised by the Satanic advance of the secular world. I’m a living testament to the perils of monkeying with fundamentalism…