- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 18
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 15
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 47
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 8
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 19
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 24
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 15
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 14
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 674
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 311
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 120
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 101
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 82
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- The Latest from Mondoweiss for 05/19/2013 - http://t.co/CEtLw0LHmv, 4 hours ago
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged http://t.co/FCgbAw9vEO, 18 hours ago
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 23 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 23 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 23 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani (50)
- Walid: Annie, read both and I agree that WU is somewhat amateurish but I wouldn’t go as far as branding her a...
- Christians denounce Israel’s manhandling of worshipers at Holy Sepulcher on Easter weekend; Israel apologizes to Egypt (15)
- Accentitude: I was covering this even “Sabt al Nour” or the day of the Holy fire that is referred to in...
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (47)
- Accentitude: I completely agree with this statement: “This is the only place in the world where I feel that it means...
- Accentitude: Actually there is a formal defined Palestine. It was adopted by a majority of the planet earth not too...
- Ramzi Jaber: James, she is certainly doing that but not out of legal obligation, rather out of submission to money...
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (63)
- irmep: I emailed several people in charge of fielding the survey, mentioning this discussion. Two of them responded...
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (18)
- Exile and the Prophetic: Joseph Massad strikes again (12)
- yonah fredman: Massad’s essay is toxic. (It is poison with the purpose of poison rather than the purpose of...
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi Marmara (82)
- Hostage: Really? In August 1948 Emil Ghoury, a member of the Arab Higher Committee, the “Cabinet” of the Palestinian...
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani (50)
Our WritersMore Writers
Author Archives: Theodore Sayeed
The west should save the Muslim world its lecture about free speech so long as it limits a host of expressions touching on its own sacred cows
A British woman is sentenced for killing her son by beating him to get him to study the Quran. Some meditations by Theodore Sayeed of his own madrassa experiences
Michael Moore is spending his personal and political capital talking up Emad Burnat of the great documentary ‘Five Broken Cameras’
A Muslim with an affinity for bombs is a hate preacher. A columnist with an enthusiasm for bombs is a political analyst.
Sam Harris claims that I misrepresented his views in my last article. Yes: I did not portray the full spectrum of his militaristic and bizarre opinions with the justice they warrant.
Gore Vidal has quit this fallen world and completed the cycle of being and becoming. One might think death is the only thing in life about which surprise is impossible, but as with the winning national lotto numbers, it is always something which befalls the stranger. I have ransacked the interior of my cranium to locate my first memory of Gore. To find the earliest sighting of the man and the icon. No luck. It seems like somehow he’s always formed a part of the mental furniture.
A number of Islamic deserters have cropped up in the years since 9/11. In touchy political subjects that demand some measure of tact and careful handling, insiders are a useful ideological tool in the armor of the state, and with their highly prized Muslim biography, a number of them have become the brown face of the War on Terror. The average Muslim renegade would wish to have no connection with this obscenity; but the average does not capture headlines. For that you need loud eccentrics with a sharp eye for controversy.
The Devil sucks in the most devout. In theology fanatics make for easier marks for conversion than moderates because of the jitters and fright common to all such breeds who fear their minds will be colonised by the Satanic advance of the secular world. I’m a living testament to the perils of monkeying with fundamentalism…