- ‘Al Jazeera’ examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized … 1
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to … 14
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that … 24
- ‘There is no ‘Palestine Exception’ to free speech rights’: Northeastern … 8
- John Kerry and the Pope set to face off with … 8
- Registration of Jews and other human beings 32
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed … 7
- Israeli settlers release wild boars on Palestinian farmland to destroy … 17
- Why should planning in West Bank be divided on ethnic … 0
- No rescue! 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 0
- Tax-deductible US group pushes Israeli control of Temple Mount 0
- Max Blumenthal’s guilt by association – with Jewish ethics 0
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 0
- Southern Poverty Law Center takes Blumenthal’s side against smear campaign 0
- Mohammed Al-Azza tells Dublin why Aida camp resists occupation 0
- Obama and Kerry are spurred by ‘vainglory’ in pursuing talks … 186
- Haaretz joins Rush Limbaugh and company in trying to link … 185
- John Judis’s Truman book is a landmark in anti-Zionism 116
- How many ‘Palestinian Arabs’ want to kill ‘all Jews?’ 112
- Alterman says BDS is helping Netanyahu 111
- Alleged K.C. killer: ‘If Jews can have a state of … 100
- Updated: Remote-control gun installed atop wall near Bethlehem — Ma’an 87
- Friedman prepares American Jews for a divorce from zealot Israel 78
- RT @YousefMunayyer: Imagine if Abbas refused to negotiate because of the make of of Netanyahu's coalition, the most right-wing settlement drunk in history, 2 hours ago
- 'Al Jazeera' examines Jewish constellation of lobby elites, and marginalized 'universalists' http://t.co/CTwfMbXhKM, 2 hours ago
- Israel encouraging more Christians to join military service http://t.co/0wDVo4tpjY via @reuters, 4 hours ago
- Video: Israeli soldiers detain 6-year-old child on his way to school in Hebron http://t.co/wblFK3LyLL http://t.co/0XGl6B9JuS, 5 hours ago
- Video: A Jew who visited Palestine responds to @nytimes assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews http://t.co/47nU3SMYpk, 5 hours ago
Mondoweiss in your Inbox
click link to see last 100 comments
- Global Earth Day coalition drops SodaStream over complicity in Israeli occupation (18)
- Palestinian youth fulfill their ‘right of return’ to the destroyed village of Iqrit (7)
- Mikhael: Walid says: April 23, 2014 at 12:55 pm Israelis are very scared. They must feel their world is coming to an...
- Woody Tanaka: “There are many Arab localities in northern Israel that were once home to vibrant Jewish...
- Mikhael: Iqrit was originally a Jewish-populated town, from the Mishnaic period and was a home to Jews until the...
- Peter Beinart misses South Africa’s apartheid lesson, Gideon Levy gets it (68)
- A Jew who visited Palestine responds to ‘NYT’ assertion that Palestinians want to kill all Jews (24)
- Registration of Jews and other human beings (32)
- hophmi: “hophmi, you seem to suggest that if the flyers had required everyone in Donetsk to register as Jewish...
Category Archives: Features
Chris Carlson reports for IMEMC: Palestinian researcher Khaled Maali explained that the settlers found launching wild pigs toward the Palestinian farmlands was the best effective way to fight the Palestinian farmers without significant cost. Maali pointed out that the occupation prevents the Palestinians from shooting the pigs, whereas it permits settlers to kill the pigs when they reach their colonial settlements.
Ma‘an reports: Israeli police on Saturday prevented UN Middle East peace envoy Robert Serry from celebrating the Holy Fire ceremony in Jerusalem, a statement from his office said.
Ma‘an: A group of Christians from East Jerusalem on Sunday said that Israel’s restrictions on Palestinian mobility resulted in violations of religious freedoms. The statement, signed “Palestinian Christian Organizations in Occupied East Jerusalem,” complained that Christians are often denied access to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre during the Easter holidays. Each Easter, checkpoints are erected “at the Gates and in the alley, thus preventing the worshipers from free access to the Via Dolorosa, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, and the vicinity of the Christian Quarter.”
Always looking for your Mondoweiss fix? Follow us on Facebook, Twitter & our new and improved newsletter
Sign up for the new and improved Mondoweiss newsletter and follow Mondoweiss on Facebook and Twitter.
Haaretz reports the Israel Lands Authority published tenders for land to build some 3,050 residential units in the first quarter of 2014, but only 45 units are in the center of the country and 55% are in the West Bank or East Jerusalem.
Activists shut down Israeli checkpoint in response to Jenin killings while militants promise ‘painful’ retaliation
Ma‘an reports that activists from the peaceful popular resistance movement on Saturday shut down the Beit El checkpoint north of Ramallah in protest against the killing of three Palestinians by Israeli forces in Jenin earlier in the day.
AFP reports that Israel has progressed with plans for more than 2,000 new homes in six West Bank settlements in a move likely to further endanger peace talks.
From Haaretz: Security services cite current situation in the Gaza Strip, including the rise of Islamic Jihad and Hamas’ governance, as reasons to extend law — …The Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law, which is worded as a temporary order, concerns reunification among families whose entry into Israel represents a security risk in the eyes of the security services.
IMEMC 15 Mar by Chris Carlson — A Gaza official said that the number of the Gaza Palestinians killed by Israel since early 2014, as a result of military escalation, has increased to 18.
Palestinian teen in critical condition after being shot by Israeli soldiers during West Bank protest
Violence / Raids / Clashes / Suppression of protests / Illegal arrests Israeli soldiers ‘shoot, critically injure’ Palestinian teen HEBRON (Ma‘an) 14 Mar — Israeli soldiers shot and critically injured a Palestinian teenager during a protest in Beit Ummar north … Continue reading
Bulldozers extend the separation wall deep into East Jerusalem, to wall off a settler building near the proposed Palestinian capital, Abu Dis
Netanyahu government continues colonization of Sheikh Jarrah with plans for Jewish seminary and high rise in the Palestinian neighborhood of occupied East Jerusalem
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 2 Feb — Palestinian and international activists at the Ein Hajla protest encampment in the Jordan Valley repulsed three attempts by Israeli forces to enter the village overnight, while nine activists from Jerusalem were detained trying to reach the area.
BETHLEHEM (Ma‘an) 1 Feb — A lawyer for the Palestinian Authority ministry of prisoners’ affairs Tariq Barghouth alleged on Saturday that Israeli forces launched attack dogs on two Palestinian youths after shooting them multiple times on Thursday night at a checkpoint near Jerusalem. Adam Abd al-Rouf Jamous, 17, and Jawhar Nasser al-Din Halbieh, 19, were mauled by police dogs after Israeli forces opened fire on them without warning near al-Zayyem checkpoint near Abu Dis east of Jerusalem on January 30, Barghouth said.
IMEMC Thursday evening 30 Jan by Chris Carlson — The Israeli army demolished, on Thursday, at least 50 structures, including residences, displacing 13 families in the northern Jordan Valley, as a result, according to a local official.
Supreme Court okays highway bisecting Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem Haaretz 26 Jan by Nir Hasson — The Supreme Court rejected on Sunday an appeal against the construction of a multilane highway that would cut in half an Arab neighborhood in Jerusalem. The Jerusalem municipality … Continue reading
B’Tselem press release 8 Jan — Military appears to have served as security entourage for Hilltop Youth
As John Kerry flies on to Saudi Arabia, bulldozers remove trees in Hebron to prepare the ground for another Jewish colony in occupied territory
Thank you for another wonderful year of Mondoweiss. In what has become somewhat of a yearly tradition around these parts, here is a rundown of some of our site stats from the past year.
Ari Shavit says that progressive American Jews need Israel like “oxygen” so as not to assimilate. His is a culturally-conservative argument
GAZA CITY (AFP) 25 Dec — A three-year-old Palestinian girl was killed in an Israeli raid on the Gaza Strip after the fatal shooting Tuesday of an Israeli near the Gaza border, in the latest uptick in Israeli-Palestinian violence.
Haaretz 23 Dec by Amira Hass — A High Court of Justice panel has asked farmers from the West Bank village of Yatta to withdraw a petition against settlers who allegedly seized their lands – despite the state’s admission that the Palestinians proved their legal attachment to the land.
GAZA CITY (Ma‘an) 15 Dec — Israeli authorities started to pump industrial diesel donated by Qatar into the Gaza Strip on Sunday morning, a Gaza official told Ma‘an. The move is part of a temporary agreement to ease the blockade following days of record flooding that has devastated large swathes of the besieged coastal enclave.
RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 8 Dec — Thousands of mourners turned out on Sunday for the burial of Wajih Wajdi al-Ramahi, a 14-year-old Palestinian boy who was shot dead by Israeli forces near al-Jalazun refugee camp while he was walking home from school on Saturday. His father described the killing as an “assassination” and “cold-blooded murder.”
RAMALLAH (Ma‘an) 6 Dec — Dozens of Palestinians were injured and one detained as Israeli forces opened fire to disperse protests against the Israeli occupation and commemorating Nelson Mandela’s death across the West Bank on Friday afternoon.