- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall … 9
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached … 4
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question 7
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the … 19
- Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of … 18
- Press Release: Isabel Kershner chosen to reveal future Israeli exonerations 6
- As Israel’s occupation drags on, boycotts are one way forward 1
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle … 26
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 796
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 314
- Two friends meet for 5 minutes in Jerusalem 230
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 149
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 111
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 103
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 75
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 96
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 86
- Abulhawa declines to ‘balance out’ several Israelis in ‘Al Jazeera’ … 78
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel 73
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite … 63
- Uncompromising hope inspired by Ghassan Kanafani 63
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- RT @ggreenwald: From AJ Editor RT @hash_said @WHarkavy It was a temporary glitch. It's back up., 14 hours ago
- RT @WHarkavy: .@Mondoweiss @ggreenwald Right now, at least, column and editor's note aren't on Al Jazeera site. Here's an alt link http://t…, 14 hours ago
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question http://t.co/dezeLR7gp1, 14 hours ago
- Princeton students ‘come out’ for Palestine to overcome shame attached to issue in U.S. http://t.co/LCs1vTVK44, 14 hours ago
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day http://t.co/jV4CaYbOnE, 14 hours ago
click link to see last 100 comments
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question (7)
- thankgodimatheist: You have to understand. Those are people who do not want to lose their jobs or to have their...
- Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’ (64)
- Cliff: Why dont you tell us what the documents said.
- There’s been a sea change in US opinion on the conflict (19)
- Both Massad, and ‘Open Zion’, ignore the experience of Middle Eastern Jews (26)
- Exile and the Prophetic: My Father’s death (13)
- Shmuel: Yonah, The phrase you cite refers not to the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem, but to those who mourn for Zion...
- yonah fredman: May God comfort you and also the other mourners of the land (I call Zion and they call Palestine).
- DICKERSON3870: RE: “My father, Herbert Moore Ellis, died yesterday. There is darkness in my mind. There is...
- Video: Paterson, NJ raises the Palestinian flag over city hall for Palestinian-American Day (9)
- Pamela Olson: Actually, there’s good news — this isn’t the first. Something similar was done in...
- Jim from Newport Township, Illinois asks the wrong question (7)
- Philip Weiss
- Annie Robbins
- Today in Palestine
- Adam Horowitz
- Matthew Taylor
- Alex Kane
- Philip Weiss and Adam Horowitz
Category Archives: Israel/Palestine
One day after the Palestinian flag reached the top of the world, a flag raising ceremony was held in Paterson, New Jersey (video 3:12) accompanied by the Palestinian national anthem and cheers of “Long Live Palestine”.
In a sweet video, a diverse group of Princeton students support the end of the occupation and blockade, the right of return, and human rights for Palestinians
When a listener asks a question about public broadcasting’s debt to Zionist funders, the Diane Rehm show cuts him off
Pamela Olson’s book tour tracks ongoing sea change in US public opinion: You used to need extra security to bring a pro-Palestine speaker to campus. Now you need extra security to bring a pro-Israel speaker.
Former AIPAC lobbyist assumes weighty mantle (and travel budget) of US Special Envoy on anti-Semitism
MJ Rosenberg on Ira Forman: Why is there a Special Envoy on anti-Semitism? Because the lobby wanted it. And it gets to place its ex-lobbyist in it.
Fresh from its triumph in exposing the Mohammed al-Dura death hoax, a secret Israeli Government Commission is nearing the completion of an even more comprehensive investigation absolving the IDF of all deaths of civilians in Lebanon in 2006, Gaza in 2008-2009, the Mavi Marmara in 2010, and Gaza in November, 2012.
By appealing to people of conscience around the world to help end Israel’s three-tiered system of oppression, the BDS movement is not asking for anything heroic, but for fulfilling a profound moral obligation to desist from complicity in oppression. Given the billions of dollars lavished on Israel annually by western states, particularly the United States and Germany, taxpayers in those countries are in effect subsidising Israel’s violations of international law at a time when social programmes are undergoing severe cuts, unemployment is rising, and the environment is being devastated.
In the current media discourse the actual culture and history of the Arab Jews is completely ignored in favor of a bare-knuckles political approach that marks Jews and Arabs as separate categories. The narrative is one that has been constructed by the Zionists and leaves out the existential and cultural substance of the Sephardic community.
My father, Herbert Moore Ellis, died yesterday. There is darkness in my mind. There is also light. My father’s memory lives on.
Widely denounced as ‘propaganda,’ Israel’s report on al-Dura calls attention to 950 other child killings
The New York Times published a credulous account of Israel’s government report on the al-Dura death of 2000, hurting the paper’s credibility
New York City Councilman Lew Fidler is still outraged over the Brooklyn College panel that took place in February on the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement. In a letter sent in late April, the Assistant Majority Leader at the council suggests the hiring of a “professor from Israel” at Brooklyn College to correct what he calls bias in the school’s Political Science Department.
Israeli report on al-Dura case is vengeful and ‘surreal,’ says Haaretz — but ‘NYT’ treats it as gospel
The New York Times plays stenographer to an Israeli government report suggesting that Muhammad al-Dura killing in 2000 was “staged” by Palestinians
Arab Idol finalist Mohammed Assaf managed to get out of Khan Younis refugee camp to Cairo and has has drawn comparisons to the late Egyptian nightingale Abdel Halim Hafez; Mahmoud Abbas has called him to say he has made Palestine and the Arab world proud; his poster is hanging in homes, restaurants and stores all across Palestine…
A video produced by the Interfaith Boycott Coalition on the SodaStream boycott.
Palestinian youths make their way into Jerusalem through Israel’s apartheid wall OCCUPIED JERUSALEM (PIC) 18 May — A group of Palestinian young men was able on Friday evening to knock down part of Israel’s segregation wall near Abu Dis town … Continue reading
Kennedy’s insistence on right of return prompted Ben-Gurion to rewrite history: They fled ‘of their own free will’
Haaretz: Under increasing pressure from Kennedy to accept 100s of 1000s of Palestinian refugees, Ben-Gurion convened a special meeting. He was convinced that the refugee problem was primarily one of public image (hasbara), convincing the world that the refugees fled “of their own free will”
Palestinian-American Raed Zidan plants flag on top of Everest, dedicates climb to political prisoners
Palestinian-American Raed Zidan became the first Palestinian to reach the summit of the earth’s highest mountain last Saturday, dedicating his climb to Palestinians – especially political prisoners.
Al Jazeera pulled Joseph Massad’s article – “The Last of the Anti-Semites” – from their website yesterday. Massad’s article is disappearing. Like disappearing Palestine, it will reappear. Neither are going away.
Yair Lapid Israel’s finance minister has not talked to John Kerry, savior of the two-state solution, since March, reports the New York Times, and he hasn’t talked to any Palestinian since taking office
On a Birthright tour of Israel, two Dartmouth students find that their guide has nothing to say about the occupation and tries to turn their view away from settlements and refugee camps
What power on earth can prevent two people from the same country meeting in their own land? Walaa Al Ghussein (on the right) had a permit to be in Israel for one day. She had to get back to Gaza by 7 PM. She had never been to Jerusalem before in her life. Her friend Maha from Umm al-Fahem was desperate to see her…
A grim video of the occupied territories shows a Palestinian boy fallen apparently after being shot outside an Israeli settlement and soldiers and “security” pointing guns at his head.
Novelist Susan Abulhawa’s refusal to go on Al Jazeera to discuss the Nakba with Israelis, lest Israelis appropriate Palestinian history, has been getting a lot of attention
Is there any other identity analyzed from inside and out as much as Jewish identity? The Jewish Identity Network (JIN) is like 24/7 cable news. It never shuts down. Marc Ellis, at Mondo
Why is Israel sending trauma teams around the world to help out victims and at the same time uprooting Bedouin communities? Health-care-washing, a new phase of active propaganda. From Dr. Alice Rothchild