- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges … 1
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel 5
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack 11
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island 1
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to … 12
- Demonizing Mandy Patinkin is a tough sell 23
- ‘If I had to choose between the wealth of the … 13
- Rightwing Israeli group gets tax-deductible funds from US foundation 7
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 668
- ‘The policy of the present Israeli government is likely to … 485
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 310
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 202
- In photos: Gaza marches and rallies mark 65 years of … 148
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 145
- San Francisco bus ads condemn Israeli apartheid: backlash begins 119
- Washington state bus-ad campaign dares to state: ‘Equal rights for … 100
- US Jews are so ‘polarized’ over Israel they can’t talk … 160
- Dershowitz calls Hawking an ‘ignoramus,’ a ‘lemming,’ and likely an … 149
- Glenn Greenwald brings facts and reason to ‘Real Time’, ruins … 88
- Israeli right-wing flys off the deep end following Hawking boycott 78
- International Criminal Court opens preliminary investigation into attack on Mavi … 74
- Israeli airport sorts passengers with ‘Jewish stickers’ and ‘Arab stickers’ 69
- ‘Newseum’ folds under pressure, will not include Gaza cameramen in … 62
- Church of Scotland backs away from boycott call in the … 62
- Exile and the prophetic: No dissenter is an island http://t.co/vnbRO0AgjV, 5 hours ago
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be http://t.co/j9GvEIOYqI, 5 hours ago
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel http://t.co/oJT9HsoQcD, 5 hours ago
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack http://t.co/G5N0uJqOwT, 5 hours ago
- RT @War_Times: Blood on Israel’s Hands from #Palestine to the Mayan Highlands http://t.co/hAHRMXYXMm #Nakba @mondoweiss @jadaliyya #Guatema…, 2013/05/17
click link to see last 100 comments
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (52)
- irmep: That cited 43 megabyte SPSS dataset only lists Israel survey data for a single year: 2001 (column S020, rows...
- Islamophobia is as widespread and acceptable as anti-Semitism used to be (12)
- DICKERSON3870: P.S.(#2) RE: “I would be remiss were I not to mention that the CIA supported the Muslim...
- DICKERSON3870: P.P.S. ALSO SEE: “Inciting to kill Obama: Another Judeofascist from Chabad”, by Larry...
- DICKERSON3870: P.S. RE: “I would be remiss were I not to mention that the CIA supported . . . Chabad in the...
- Church of Scotland’s revised ‘Promised Land’ report has softer edges but thrust is unchanged (1)
- American: It’s still good…the main points in the conclusion are still there…all they’ve done...
- Guatemalan genocide got assist from US, Christian Right, and Israel (5)
- Barbara Boxer’s visa bill for Israel comes under concerted attack (11)
- Shingo: This is silly. Every country has the right to refuse entry to suspected foreign troublemakers So why does it...
- Ellen: Brian, your statement is bizzare. I imagine you have not read the proposed bill or even the article above....
- notatall: Since Israel has never defined its borders, Esker’s comment is beside the point.
- Washington Post’s racism map omits Israel (52)
Our WritersMore Writers
Category Archives: Neocons
Is this the beginning of a beautiful relationship or what? Sheldon Adelson championed Newt Gingrich and then Mitt Romney during the US presidential election, in an effort to ensure Israeli control of the occupied territories forever, and has long supported Benjamin Netanyahu for the same rightwing goal. But he appears to be covering his bases, meeting with Yair Lapid, the centrist meteor in Israeli politics. Lapid was careful not to criticize Israeli settlements during the recent campaign, and has partnered with rightwinger Naftali Bennett. No wonder he’s meeting with Adelson
Yesh Din, human rights organization, can document “ten separate and serious incidents in which Israeli civilians have attacked Palestinians” in occupied West Bank over last week
‘The tide of public opinion is turning’ — Committee for Open Discussion of Zionism commends Brooklyn College
CODZ commends Brooklyn College for upholding academic freedom after Dershowitz calls for withdrawal of departmental sponsorship of BDS event.
Potential future presidential candidate Marco Rubio has hired neoconservative operative Jamie Fly as his counselor for foreign and national security affairs. Fly, a former Bush administration official, is an ultra-hawk on Iran.
Sam Stein says Hagel is a “clean break” on Bush war policy, coincidentally referring to neocon manifesto of that name
The neocon publication ‘Washington Free Beacon’ attempted to smear Chuck Hagel by reporting that, in the midst of a dispute over whether to close the USO port in Haifa in the late 80s, Hagel said ‘Let the Jews pay for it’ in a meeting with Jewish leaders. But other reporting in The Atlantic makes clear that the Free Beacon’s source is wrong.
What will Rachel Maddow do if Republicans are the only opposition to Hagel? Fall into line with Democrats, more than likely
Foreign Policy magazine reports that President Obama is expected to pick former Nebraska Senator Chuck Hagel as his new Secretary of Defense on Monday. Reporter Josh Rogin writes: ‘Several sources close to the process said have told The Cable that the White House and Hagel have been in touch on a regular basis and that Hagel is indeed the expected pick.’
Max Ajl and Charles Davis deliver sharp ripostes to those on the left who think it’s worthwhile to defend Chuck Hagel. They make important contributions to the debate, with their pieces serving as a reminder that the Hagel nomination is more symbolic than anything and that U.S. policy is not going to change radically just because a more heterodox Defense Secretary is in.
The Middle East Forum, led by neoconservative Daniel Pipes, embarked on a smear campaign against an Iranian-American group. The target: the National Iranian American Council, which the Middle East forum labeled as shills and lobbyists for the Iranian regime. The main reason why Pipes’ group led the campaign is because NIAC is working to prevent a war on Iran–something that Pipes desperately wants.
Liberals have taken to defending Chuck Hagel from an onslaught of neoconservative smears. But they’re doing it all wrong. Instead of highlighting the fact that on some issues, Hagel challenges Washington orthodoxy, they’re running away from that and telling the world that Hagel loves Israel just as much as everyone else does.
Araqib village razed for the 45th time The Israeli authorities razed the Araqib village in the Negev desert for the 45th time running claiming that the houses were built without permit. link to www.palestine-info.co.uk Land Theft & Destruction / Ethnic … Continue reading
Israel grows jittery of new Palestinian uprising JERUSALEM (AP) — The rising confidence and bellicosity of Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, combined with rapidly deteriorating relations with Israel’s would-be peace partner in the West Bank, are raising jitters in … Continue reading
500 Israeli soldiers ransack homes in Burqa Around 500 Israeli soldiers invaded the village of Burqa, north-west of Nablus, in the middle of the night, ransacking homes and causing damages amounting to thousands of euros. Soldiers arrived in over 30 … Continue reading
Israeli army officer in South Hebron Hills: ‘Today we demolish the mosque but as soon as we get the court order we will demolish your house as well’
Demolition in Mufaqra Perhaps you have read in recent days about the decision of the Israeli government to build more houses in settlements throughout the West Bank as a response to the Palestinian appeal to the UN. But most probably … Continue reading
Out with the old Islamophobe, in with the new: Texas Republican tapped to chair Homeland Security committee
Those concerned with Islamophobia breathed a sigh of relief when they learned that Peter King was stepping down as head of the Homeland Security Committee. But his replacement, Mike McCaul, is no better and likewise promotes anti-Muslim sentiment.
Two Israeli Policemen Face Charges Of Abusing A Kidney Patient Israeli paper, Yedioth Aharonoth, reported that two Israeli Policemen are facing charges after they abused and humiliated a Palestinian kidney patient, including hitting him with their rifles, at a military … Continue reading
Palestine: Oppression Will not Work Anyone who knows a little bit of history realizes that when there is situation where a people has refused to surrender and abandon its rights, oppressing it will not work. The only ones who may … Continue reading
Three Injured By Israeli Fire In Khan Younis Palestinian medical sources reported that three Palestinians have been injured, on Sunday evening, after Israeli soldiers, stationed across the border, opened fire at them in Al-Faraheen area, east of Khan Younis, in … Continue reading
Someone please tell The New York Times, we mourn, we mourn… Israeli Terrorism / Eyewitness Reports / Testimonials LISTEN: Israel heavily bombards Gaza, audio recordings by Rana Baker EI’s blogger Rana Baker (@RanaGaza on Twitter) continues to record the … Continue reading
Dead mothers, teachers and babies in Gaza yet media overwhelmingly focuses on rocket fire into Israel
Israeli Attacks / Eyewitness Accounts Friday; Israel Carried Out 30 Air Strikes Against Gaza In Less Than 30 Minutes The Israeli Army continued its escalation against the civilian population in the Gaza Strip and carried out, early on Friday morning, … Continue reading
Netanyahu meeting with foreign diplomats to ‘prepare international public opinion for an Israeli operation in Gaza’
Large Scale Israeli Offensive On Gaza Likely Israeli daily, Haaretz, reported that the office of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, is preparing the international public opinion for a large-scale military offensive against the Gaza Strip, adding that it seems that … Continue reading
Broadwell scandal not the first time Petraeus was sloppy with email — in 2010 he leaked his own emails scheming with neocon Max Boot
David Petraeus resigned as Director of the CIA yesterday when news of his extramarital affair with his biographer Paula Broadwell became public. It seems his resignation was forced not only due to his personal indiscretion, but because Broadwell had gained access to his email account and possibly classified information. Mondoweiss readers may remember this isn’t the first time Petraeus was fast and loose with his email account.
Operation Dove, an Italian-based humanitarian organization, reports that on November 6th the Israeli military demolished one house and a stumble in the Palestinian village of Derath, and then proceeded to demolish a house and a water cistern in the Palestinian village of Jawaya.
Watch: New DAM hip hop track with video co-directed by Jackie Salloum targets violence against women, Ali Abunimah “If I could go back in time” DAM raps the story “backwards” from death to birth of a young woman murdered by members … Continue reading