Glickism and Feithism

Caroline Glick was on Capitol Hill, giving a speech at the Center for Security Policy national security luncheon, along with Douglas Feith and new congressman Allen West.

Really quite a performance.  I thought it was bad to see David Horowitz calling the Palestinians “Nazis” at Brooklyn college, but here we have Caroline calling Nasserism and Nazism identical in a Congressional hearing room.  I’m glad she’s worried over the general situation. Oh, and the “we used to call the Iran-Iraq war the blessed war…may it go on for a hundred years.” Sweet.

About Scott McConnell

Scott McConnell is a founding editor of the American Conservative. The former editorial page editor of The New York Post, he has written for Fortune, The New Criterion, National Review, Commentary and many other publications.
Posted in Israel/Palestine

{ 25 comments... read them below or add one }

1. casaananda says:

This is nauseating. I was in Egypt in February for two weeks, four days after Mubarak was ousted. Egyptians of ALL stripes and kinds in Tahrir, and most definitely not as described here in attitude or outlook.

2. annie says:

jesus h christ,what is the world coming to when this person deserves a following here. just shoot me.

3. Bumblebye says:

I got nearly half way. Does she tell even one truth? It’s all scary Egyptians, wickedly overthrowing Israel’s pet dictator! Scary Egyptians, enemies of Israel – give us more money to increase our army! Poor ickle Israel, victim of devastating lawfare! And because I’m a dual national Israel firster it’s Americas responsibility to shut up and toe the Israeli/Zionist line!

4. bijou says:

No doubt everyone recalls that this is the same Caroline Glick who brought us the famously dreadful, bigoted parody video We Con the World” about the Mavi Marmara. Oh and she and her group also graced the web with The Three Terrors spoof video.

No further comment necessary.

• Bumblebye says:

Ooh, bijou, how can you possibly call it bigoted if super-innocent Israelis do/say it? Gosh, just remember how difficult their neighborhood is! And those uppity Arab peasants just made it worse!

5. So ironic to hear her smearing the heros of Tahrir Square, criticizing Egyptian “women standing in front of the cameras” with their “perfect English accents” when this Chicago-born editor of the Jerusalem Post stands on Capitol Hill shilling for Netanyahu and the IDF, and uses the pronoun “we” to refer to Israel and the Republican US House of Representatives! Where lies this lady’s loyalty do you suppose?

• Avi says:

I would add that according to Israel, Zionists and Neo-Cons in the US, Arab and Muslim women are damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

That is to say that Islamophobic propaganda pushes the idea that Muslim women are subjugated. But, when those women do rise up and show how educated, smart and eloquent they are, racists and hacks in the West complain that they are exploiting the coverage.

A few days ago I read an article about protests in Yemen. Apparently, the president, Ali Saleh, had said that women protesters ought not take to the streets for that is against Islam. In a classic use of religion for political aims, Saleh claimed that according to Islam, women belonged in the kitchen, or something to that effect.

So the women, many of whom were covered with the traditional Niqab, criticized him and insisted that he should not use Islam to oppress them and that their actions do not contravene any Islamic rules.

After reading the article, I thought to myself, “Well, good for them. I wonder what the ignorant propagandists in the West have to say”.

So I read the comments section and lo and behold, the hacks found a way to spin that news against Muslims by claiming that Islam is stuck in the dark ages, or some such nonsense. Whatever.

• Citizen says:

Glick was born and bred in the USA, but she’s not an American now; she’s an influential Israeli citizen: link to carolineglick.com

She owns the art of using American values terminology to push her rabidly ethnocentric foreign agenda.

6. Avi says:

To counterbalance that caustic garbage, check out these closing remarks at a recent Tedx event in Ramallah by a Palestinian architect turned writer:

Watch part 2 first: link to youtube.com

Then watch part 1: link to youtube.com

• patm says:

What a contrast Souad Amir is to the Glickster, Avi!

The story of the dog’s Jerusalem passport got me laughing. And her wise words about surviving the Occupation must be heartening to her audiences.

P.S. One more take on the G’s facial expressions. Notice how her eyelids flutter in the first moments of her presentation. I think she knows exactly what she’s doing when she’s telling her lies. An Israeli version of Sarah Palin, perhaps? In it for the money?

7. American says:

I read some of Glick’s columns way back and the most outstanding to me was her overwhelming and viseral hatred for the US and Americans,Europeans, Arabs naturally….and well everyone but Israelis.
    This is very, very sick woman…she lives to hate.
    If I come across something by her while googling news I just skip it….it’s the kind of stuff that makes bile rise in your throat.

• LeaNder says:

I’ve never seen her on video. There is something peculiar about her mouth and the area around it (Mundpartie, we call it). I couldn’t help but get the impression, she suffers from feeling grievously offended for a rather long time of her life by now.

• Citizen says:

She says she was really glad to leave Hyde Park, Chicago, because everybody there was anti-American and anti-Israel. I use to go there quite frequently; at the time, the overwhelming presence was the U of Chicago and it was an extremely diverse neighborhood, an intellectual community, lots of bookstores, little parks with chess tables, an island of same within the bowels of decidedly unintellectual Chicago, home of “Da Bulls, du Beahs, and a Bud.” Of course, at that time I lived in the heart of steel mill country, the southside of Chicago, was working for Republic Steel… I returned there many years later, when I found myself dating one of the Prizker clan (“the rebel”)–she lived in an island with the island so to speak, and drove a new Bentley to and from her gated & walled abode.

• Citizen says:

LeaNder, I noticed that about her mouth area also; she seems to present a very common, seemingly lowbrow man’s head.face otherwise–well she can’t help the face god gave her. She says all the Arab countries are the same in that other than their tyrannical regime, the only other organized group in any of them is the MB. The talking heads on the US cable tv news shows say the same thing, but less directly, more by suggestion/direct implication.

• LeaNder says:

she seems to present a very common, seemingly lowbrow man’s head.face otherwise

Well, not exactly manly. Maybe not too interested in looks, or fond of sweets. Her mouth attracts me most while watching her. The mouth seems to fit what I read from her so far. It’s the part of her face that seems to fit her writing. Tiny traces only actually, movements. I could give you some special screen shots. If I knew how to do it.

• American says:

She definitely had and/or has some kind of personal problem that led her to attitudes.
        She reminds me of the mentally disturbed religious types like the abortion clinic bombers who kill sinners in the name in God or God’s word because their ’cause’ justifies their inate violence, at least to themselves.

• Mooser says:

“There is probably a clinical term for people who are emotionally or mentally disturbed and channel it onto some adopted ’cause’ as vehicle for all their anger and resentment but I don’t know what it is.”

It’s called the ziocaine syndrome, and if I could get a couple million dollars for research into it, I would start by flying to Israel, and keep right on going.

• Bumblebye says:

Mooser
          Respectfully disagree. From ziocaine syndrome she might recover with a suitable 12 step program. Unfortunately I think this one’s a full blown “ziophiliac”. No known cure as yet.

• Citizen says:

No cure as yet unless the patient realizes and acknowledges that his or her blood/urine/saliva tests confirms only that patient’s DNA itself distinguishes at core only between patient and a monkey, or other non-human species of life form on this earth. There is no scientific biological test to further determine that patient is a Jew, let alone a Zionist version of a Jew. OTOH, various DSM IV Plus criteria for various mental afflictions, e.g., bipolarism, include observable flights of fancy, delusions of grandeur, etc. Caveat: Currently, such symptoms are attributed to chemical embalance. And they depend on accompanying signs hard to see as exceptional if the target group observed is sufficiently large and exhibits identical symptoms. This goes to the age-old philosphical question, What is normal in any given place and at a given time? The usual modern model for investigation is Nazi Germany because it has the most publicity and there’s plenty of evidence of large-scale harm to selected human beings. The I-P Conflict model is not popular; it’s intentionally not well known. Some also include Imperial Japan. The Germans the world over have accepted this view of themselves as properly in the petri dish; the Japanese have not, and neither have Jews, not even the segment recognized by all as Israeli Jews. Expert opinion can’t agree as they can with, say certain purely biological diseases occurring almost or always exclusively with those of Jewish extraction (or Black), or albinos or dwarfs. The medical and psychological-psychiatric professions are no help in solving this question. Neither is the world-wide religious community, nor the social scientist community, nor even the behavioural scientist community. Good luck, rats.

8. Thanks for bringing my attention to Caroline Glick. She should apply for a job at the White House. She’d fit right in, despite her dismissive statements about Obama.

She has posted videos of Feith’s and West’s talks at the luncheon at her web site:

link to carolineglick.com

• Citizen says:

Except the Obama regime likes to hide its zealotry a bit, e.g., Dennis Ross. Rahm, Axlerod, Rice. She’s an in-your-face Zionist, and PROUD of it.

9. We shouldn’t give her any importance, and certainly not the Center for Security Policy’s neoconservative wet dreams. I didn’t know her until this post. She’s irrelevant.

• bijou says:

She is not irrelevant in Israel. She is a loud, important, and persistent voice in the media and in certain circles.

• Citizen says:

And she is also not irrelevant in the USA, where she was born and bred, and where her view is held by many influential citizens, including those without actual dual citizenship. She certainly has more influrence in the corridors of power in the USA than, say David Duke, or Obama’s old pastor. Those individuals don’t get asked to speak at US national security think tank events in DC. If she spoke as she does on primetime TV, sorry folks, it just wouldn’t be a celebrity event as if Duke or Obama’s old pastor did. That’s, of course, the problem.