From the Wall Street Journal’s political blog. Sheldon Adelson is giving Mitt Romney’s super PAC $10 million. Emphasis mine:

On a trip to Las Vegas late last month, Mr. Romney and Mr. Adelson had a private meeting….

People close to Mr. Adelson said that he wants to be certain about Mr. Romney’s positions on key issues, including support for Israel against aggressors in the Middle East. Mr. Adelson has publicly criticized President Barack Obama’s support of Israel as too weak.

We can be sure that Adelson also demanded Romney’s support for settlements and an undivided Jerusalem, given Adelson’s passion on those issues.

More questions, following from the headline:

Do you think this money will have any effect on Romney’s positions? Did Adelson’s generosity to George W. Bush in the runup to his election in 2000 have anything to do with the accession of the neocons into his administration and the abandonment of the “peace process”? Do you think Romney’s positioning will affect Obama’s positioning? Would Romney’s position on abortion affect Obama’s positioning? If this foreign policy case and abortion case are different, why are they different?

1. Kathleen
    June 13, 2012, 11:23 am

link to act.credoaction.com
    We can’t make another mistake like the Iraq War.

This week marked the ninth anniversary of the invasion of Iraq, and we once again see dangerous momentum for another irresponsible, unnecessary and costly war — this time with Iran

SIGN AND PASS ON PLEASE

• lysias
      June 13, 2012, 11:51 am

‘Israeli strike on Iran means new war for US’:

If Israel strikes Iran on its own accord it would involuntarily drag the US into a new war in the Middle East – one that America is very reluctant to fight, Yiftah Shapir, the head of the Middle East Military Balance Project, shared with RT.

• Eric
      June 13, 2012, 12:41 pm

I believe the attack on Iraq started in March 2003:
      link to latimes.com

Instigated by the Zionist Lobby, of course, which continues to have a death grip on US foreign policy to this day. It’s pathetic how weak the US is in the face of Israeli control over their country. For 95% of US Congressmen, who kneel to their Zionist checkwriters, “Don’t Tread On Me” has been replaced by “How Can I Serve Thee?”

2. Kathleen
    June 13, 2012, 11:35 am

With Max Boot and Kagan on Romney’s foreign policy team who would need to even ask that question?

• Eric
      June 13, 2012, 1:04 pm

What, Richard Perle wasn’t available?

• MRW
        June 13, 2012, 6:17 pm

Dan Senor was.

3. lysias
    June 13, 2012, 11:49 am

OT, Report slams Israeli PM over deadly flotilla raid:

The Israeli PM has come under criticism for his mal-management of a deadly raid on a Turkish flotilla in breach of the Gaza blockade in 2010. A new report claims Benjamin Netanyahu failed to follow protocol that could have averted the bloodshed.

State Comptroller Micha Lindenstrauss has released a long-awaited report regarding the political wrangling that eventually led to the raiding of Turkish vessel Mavi Marmara in 2010.

The decision-making process that led to the Israeli raiding of a Turkish ship in breach of the Gaza blockade was a shambles according to the report.

. . .

The report describes how no official cabinet meeting was called during the run-up to the deadly raid. Instead, PM Netanyahu, contrary to protocol, called private meetings with the defense and foreign ministers that were not documented.

• Fredblogs
      June 13, 2012, 1:55 pm

Wow, what kind of country requires a cabinet meeting every time soldiers are to board a ship in service of an ongoing, established blockade. Like the Cabinet members have nothing better to do.

• justicewillprevail
        June 13, 2012, 2:23 pm

A: Democratic countries, when deadly force is being planned, with no regard for lives.

• Citizen
        June 13, 2012, 2:42 pm

Fredblogs, you’re wasting your time–we here on MW already know that Israel has long been warring with the natives (with the latest free US weapons galore) because the natives don’t like to be slaughtered, dispossessed, and ethnically cleansed. Please, we already know its a long on-going atrocity the Jewish Israelis, partnering with AIPAC-orchestrated and coordinated American Jews, pretending to speak for all Jewish Americans, has been committing in full view of any American willing to use the internet to see beyond the Zionist-controlled American mass media. Too bad Dick and Jane mostly use the internet for silly Facebook HS style bonding, playing online games, and looking up sports statistics.

• MRW
        June 13, 2012, 6:20 pm

When you intend to board a ship in international waters guns blazing, it’s an act of war, Dummkopf.

• Annie Robbins
      June 13, 2012, 2:11 pm

thanks here’s the nyt version lysias

link to nytimes.com

4. atime forpeace
    June 13, 2012, 12:21 pm

Phillip Weiss asks

A:Nope, not at all, why would anyone expect Mr Adelson to freely give away money with no strings attached, it would not be a good use of his money and very wasteful.

Q: If this foreign policy case and abortion case are different, why are they different?

A: Because the msm press is not allowed to tell the american people about this power paradigm.

Q: Is there any evidence that the msm press is not allowed to tell the american people about this power paradigm which can be directly tied to an Israel firster mindeset.

A: ?

Can we build a case and amass a body of an absence of evidence that may be construed as evidence?

5. CloakAndDagger
    June 13, 2012, 12:26 pm

How nice! We are governed by prostitutes and whores who would sell us down the river for a seat in power.

We need to find some way to galvanize the brewing rage in our nation and channel it towards destroying the bastions of zionist power that have overcome us. I take solace in the fact that the situation is unstable and cannot continue for long. Will I live long enough to see that day?

6. biorabbi
    June 13, 2012, 12:38 pm

Phil, I will have my eyes on your web site, the daily kos, andrew sullivan, ad nauseam on election day. It will be a thing of beauty to read Mondoweiss et al while watching Mr. Hope and Change get his clocked cleaned by Romney on election day. My sole distraction would be watching tears role down the face of Chris Matthews and the rev al on MSNBC. Schadenfreude is a bitch, my friend. LOL.

• Annie Robbins
      June 13, 2012, 12:44 pm

gee biorabbi, don’t hold back on having confidence in your own predictions or anything.

• Fredblogs
      June 13, 2012, 2:08 pm

Two problems with that. Obama isn’t bad on Israel and Romney would be terrible for America. Heck, the Repubs just put in a bill to raise taxes on the poor. So multi-millionaires shouldn’t pay more taxes ever, but poor people should? Nuts.

• marc b.
      June 13, 2012, 2:21 pm

i can’t speak for phil, but barry and willard could both fall off a high wire into the churning waters at the base of niagra falls for all i care. the disappointment i’d feel upon the election of willard couldn’t be any worse than the disappointment of having these two dolts as the only viable candidates in the first place. but if it would make you feel better biorabid, i’ll strap a couple of onions under my chin to wring a few tears out if barry loses.

• Fredblogs
        June 13, 2012, 6:15 pm

You’d rather Santorum and Hillary?

7. Annie Robbins
    June 13, 2012, 12:50 pm

Do you think this money will have any effect on Romney’s positions?

romney already agreed to abdicate American foreign policy towards Israel . . . to Israel

link to mondoweiss.net

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu — asked Romney if, as president, he would ever consider moving the American Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. In his answer, Romney made some astonishing claims. First, that his policy toward Israel will be guided by Israeli leaders; second, on the Jerusalem issue, he’d do whatever Israel tells him to do; and third, he does not think the United States should take a leadership role in resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict:

romney will do or say anything the israel firsters want.

8. biorabbi
    June 13, 2012, 12:59 pm

Annie, it’s the economy stupid(not you, but the Clinton mantra). All of the personal qualities of Obama cannot wipe away the economy, or rebut the ‘are you better off than you were four years ago’ question. Bush would have lost to Kerry had the economy imploded in ’04 instead of ’08. Bin Laden, Israel, the arab spring are irrelevant. Romney will even be competitive in Michigan and Wisconsin(Romeny now leads the daily tracking polls). Florida, North Carolina… also gone. As for overconfidence, I leave that to the mainstream press whom are all in the bag for Obama.

• Fredblogs
      June 13, 2012, 2:12 pm

We are better off than we were four years ago. When Obama took office four years ago, the economy was hemoraging jobs (800k per month) thanks to Bush. In three months Obama got it down to half that rate and by about a year in we were adding jobs every month and we’ve had slow but steady job growth ever since.

link to thepoliticalcarnival.net

• Abierno
      June 13, 2012, 7:10 pm

Biorabbi, of course, forgot to cite today’s Guardian article by M. Cohen: Did the
      Republicans Crash the Economy? Mr. Cohen, suggests that the responsibility for the current economic problems rests with Republican refusal to support a tenable jobs program, backed a conservative austerity program and are moving to increase taxes on the poor! Cohen also references the state of the economy when Obama took over – in a downward spiral toward a massive depression, with many of the major banks slated for failure. I wonder if Biorabbi feels – as does Romney – – that we would all be better off had those banks failed. What would have been the impact on the economy, the cost to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation? To gross domestic product? What would the unemployment figure been – 30% or more unemployed? What the personal cost to youth, to families, the elderly – all of whose savings, employment, educational and vocational dreams, pensions simply crashed and burned?

9. Mooser
    June 13, 2012, 1:04 pm

Looks like “Bio-rabbi” has very little idea what the Mormon position on Judaism is.

• biorabbi
      June 13, 2012, 3:14 pm

If the Mormon church converts me when I’m dead, they’ll have to find my ashes which I intend to have sprinkled over Lake Michigan.

Query to the board, no necessarily to this board, but to ‘liberals’ in general.

Why is anti-semitism, vilification of Muslims, bigotry against Christianity a bad thing but it’s ok to slam the Mormon Church. I note here Al Sharpton and Andrew Sullivan as being to prime proponents of this. So, if you are a real religion hatred is ok, but if your fables originated by the first Mormon or by L Ron Hubbard, you are a quack? It would appear both the left and the political right have no qualms attacking Mormonism without a second thought. Why is that? Are their tales and fables less compelling than Moses, Jesus, or Mohamed?

• marc b.
        June 13, 2012, 4:21 pm

let me guess: you’re not really a rabbi, are you? i don’t think that the mormon church’s plan, harebrained as it was, intended to convert your ashes into anything.

• LeaNder
        June 16, 2012, 1:04 pm

I have to disappoint you, a couple of years I was informed by a member of a group of concerned Jewish citizen who study the topic, because they are terrified by the idea that their ancestors could be prevented from finding out their real religion, that “Felix Nussbaum”, among others is already listed as a Mormon. So some Mormon volunteered to represent him in a ceremony I forget. Do you honestly think they would have found his ashes? But strictly the best way to escape them is not get famous in any way. ;)

But I am with you, I choose the river Rhine which first passes the Netherlands and then ends up in the North Sea. Problem is strictly this is forbidden in Germany. So I have to find out if it would work in the Netherlands or Belgium, it does in France that I know.

10. biorabbi
    June 13, 2012, 1:05 pm

What will a Romney victory mean for Israel and Palestine? Nothing. I would anticipate Romney will not be as cosy with Israel as many assume, but that’s just my hunch. But the accusation Obama has been hard on Israel has also been completely debunked IMHO. Sure, Obama hates Bibi, but so do most people who actually know him and have had the displeasure to work with him. Romney probably can’t stand Bibi, but Romney is a superior robot than Obama or Sarkozy. Come to think about, I can’t stand Bibi either.

• Annie Robbins
      June 13, 2012, 1:11 pm

you can’t stand, romney can’t stand, but obama hates. uh huh.

• marc b.
        June 13, 2012, 2:23 pm

you can’t stand, romney can’t stand, but obama hates. uh huh.

you should’ve been a psychiatrist, annie. you got the touch.

11. YoungMassJew
    June 13, 2012, 1:23 pm

O God, whenever this man pops up in the news I feel extreme guilt for going on a Birthright trip financed by him. Only when I got back from the trip a few months later did I realize the extent of the Zionist stranglehold on U.S. foreign policy regarding Israel. I just assumed that Israel was just like other countries in that they sometimes do bad things, other times they do good things. I didn’t know the full extent of the inigma(sp) that is the billions of dollars the U.S. annually gives to finance Israeli aggression more than any other country until I opened Walt and Mearsheimer’s book at Barnes and Noble and discovered what I kinda already suspected to begin with. And I continued to do my own independent research and discovered the inescapable truth that Zionism really is a 19th century “blood and soil” racist concept that has caused massive injustices on the Palestinians and that greedy slime-ball Zionists in the U.S., most of whom from a Jewish background that is prodominately Ashkenazi, are responsible for this. This dawned on me about a month ago when I found this blog when doing a Google search on Israel/Palestine. And I don’t contribute here to get rid of my birthright guilt,(although writing does help) nor to steal the spotlight from Phil; rather I come here in many ways to prevent, or mitigate, a backlash against regular Jews like my family, who arent Israel-firsters, who have regular jobs that aren’t at Goldman Sachs. Call me selfish, but I don’t think it’s wrong to care about self preservation and protecting my family.

• MRW
      June 13, 2012, 6:50 pm

YoungMassJew,

Extreme guilt? Pour quoi? Go back on another trip and use up his money. Take a camera this time, all your friends, and record footage to make a dizzying satire of it when you get home.

• YoungMassJew
        June 14, 2012, 1:00 am

What I mean by this I guess, is if you actually think about what Birthright represents, if you peal all the layers off, what you are celebrating by taking a long bus ride around the country is “celebrating” colonialism 19th century-style. Say for example, there were Birthright USA and a bus took Americans around the country rubbing in the genocide of the Native Americans or glossing over it. The bus would travel the root of the Trail of Tears and stop in Oklahoma and marvel at the wonderful land set aside for the white man.

Birthright Israel is estentially the same thing by stopping, say, in the Occupied Golan Heights. I wished the entire trip that they wouldn’t stop here, but they did and I was stuck. And this turned out to be just what I expeceted here, even worse. This was the only time during the trip when I heard openly racist rheteric , suprisingly. We stopped at this olive oil Factory and we sat to hear a lecture by the owner of the place and learn about his olive oils. The guy literally starts rambling about how everyone needs to go back to America and tell everyone at their college that Israel doens’t kill kids and it’s all a lie. blah blah blah. And then, out of nowhere says he agrees with Newt Gingrich that the Palestinians are an “invented people” and should go to the many other Arab countries that are supposedly set aside for them. I was shocked. I couldn’t believe what I just heard. And I didn’t say anything cause I didin’t want to cause a scene and night out in Tel Aviv was coming up and I wanted to see the city and party. I’m kicking myself right now and feeling guilty for not speaking up when I should have. And of course, everyone, after the speech, goes and buys the stupid olive oil from the gift ship to bring back home like they didn’ t ust hear a speech from an Israeli KKK guy.

After the the speech by the owner I walk out in shock and start talking to this friendly kid I became friends with on the trip and how I couldn’t believe what I just heard. And then, Mr. Ivy Leaque Douche-bag kid overhears my conversation and says basically,’So you’re talking about war-crimes aren’t you.? Why don’t you bring up Saudi Arabia’s war crimes? blah blah blah. Anyways I have more to say about this , but it’s one 1 oclock and bedtime. nite

• YoungMassJew
        June 17, 2012, 2:42 pm

I meant the bus route would be like a journey of Manifest Destiny which is a better comparison, not the Trail of Tears.

12. radii
    June 13, 2012, 2:01 pm

Adelson: You will never investigate nor indict me for being mafia, right?

• marc b.
      June 13, 2012, 2:25 pm

you think romney came to in some sh*t hole just outside vegas lying next to a dead hooker? (sorry, just a bad godfather reference.)

13. evets
    June 13, 2012, 2:56 pm

I don’t think Adelson is trying to influence Romney’s position on I/P. That’s already locked in. It’s a given that there’d be no daylight between them. But Adelson does want to make sure his POV gets elected. 10 million can’t hurt.

14. Carowhat
    June 13, 2012, 3:27 pm

Mitt Romney said the first foreign country he would visit after winning the presidency was Israel. Shoot, I just wish he’d visit western Pennsylvania, find out why all the unemployed blue collar workers there are clinging to their religion and guns (hint–it’s all they’ve got left since government policy destroyed their livelihoods).

15. lysias
    June 13, 2012, 3:52 pm

Mormonism and Judaism:

The doctrines of the Latter Day Saint movement, commonly referred to as Mormonism, teach that its adherents are either direct descendants of the House of Israel, or are adopted into it. As such, Judaism is foundational to the history of Mormonism; the Jewish people are considered a covenant people of God, held in high esteem, and are respected in the Mormon faith system. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is consequently very philo-Semitic in its doctrine.

Polling has shown that Jews generally view Mormons more positively than any other religious group.[1] Explanations for Jews’ high regard for Mormons is speculated to come both from their solidarity with other historically abused religious minorities and the philo-semitism of Mormon theology.[2]

• lysias
      June 13, 2012, 4:33 pm

I wonder what this one tenet of Mormonism, cited in that Wikipedia article, means as far as what Romney’s policy towards Israel would be:

Latter-day Saints believe that the Jews will one day rebuild a Temple in Jerusalem, and that the Jews will restore the practice of rituals of the Law of Moses within that Temple.[12]

16. justicewillprevail
    June 13, 2012, 4:43 pm

Adelson didn’t give Romney $10M, he bought him. So now we know the price of a potential president for AIPAC. Bargain, really – in return you get all the legislation you want, wads of US taxpayer money, a Congress that protects you in the UN and elsewhere and US lives to expend in more useless wars. Cheap, isn’t it?

• lysias
      June 13, 2012, 5:15 pm

I imagine Adelson, with his casinos and hotels in Macau, wants U.S. relations with China to stay on an even keel.

• libra
        June 13, 2012, 6:23 pm

Exactly. And no doubt Washington influence (or even just the appearance of) helps greatly when dealing with Chinese officialdom.

• Blake
      June 13, 2012, 6:11 pm

The whole enterprise has cost Americans trillions and made them enemies the world over.

17. DICKERSON3870
    June 13, 2012, 7:30 pm

RE: “What was Sheldon Adelson’s one question to Romney before giving him $10 million?” ~ WEISS

FROM WIKIPEDIA [Sheldon Adelson]:

(excerpts) Sheldon Gary Adelson (born August 4, 1933) is an American business magnate. He is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Las Vegas Sands Corporation, the parent company of Venetian Macao Limited which operates The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino and the Sands Expo and Convention Center. He also owns the Israeli daily newspaper ‘Israel HaYom’ [a/k/a “Bibiton”] . . . . Originally a Democrat, Adelson became a Republican as his wealth increased. “Why is it fair that I should be paying a higher percentage of taxes than anyone else?” he once asked. He began making major contributions to the Republican National Committee following clashes with labor unions at his Las Vegas properties.[7]
    Despite the fact that no one’s net worth has increased more since Obama’s inauguration in January 2009 ($21.6 billion)[14], Adelson has heavily criticized the Obama administration saying “What scares me is the continuation of the socialist-style economy we’ve been experiencing for almost four years. That scares me because the redistribution of wealth is the path to more socialism, and to more of the government controlling people’s lives. What scares me is the lack of accountability that people would prefer to experience, just let the government take care of everything.”[15]
    The ‘New Yorker’ article also described how Shelley Berkley, a Nevada Democratic Party congresswoman who had worked for Adelson in the nineties as vice-president of legal and governmental affairs, quoted Adelson as saying that “old Democrats were with the union and he wanted to break the back of the union, consequently he had to break the back of the Democrats”. The Boston Globe also noted that Adelson has “waged some bitter anti-union battles in Las Vegas”.[7][16] Congresswoman Berkley also claimed in the New Yorker article that Adelson “seeks to dominate politics and public policy through the raw power of money”. . .
    . . . In 2005, Adelson and his wife each contributed $250,000 to the second inauguration of George W. Bush.[21][22][23]
    [edit]2008
    Adelson was the principal financial backer of Freedom’s Watch, a now defunct political advocacy group founded to counter the influence of George Soros and Democratic-leaning lobby groups such as MoveOn.org. “Almost all” of the $30 million Freedom’s Watch spent on the 2008 elections came from Adelson.[24] . . .
    . . . In 2010, Adelson donated $1 million to American Solutions for Winning the Future, a political action committee (PAC) supporting Republican former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich.[25] In December 2011, during Gingrich’s bid for the U.S. presidency, Adelson spoke favorably of controversial remarks Gingrich had made about Palestinians, saying “read the history of those who call themselves Palestinians, and you will hear why Gingrich said recently that the Palestinians are an invented people.”[26] . . .
    . . . For the 2012 United States presidential election, Adelson has said he will “fully support” the Republican nominee.[28] On January 7, 2012, Adelson bolstered Gingrich’s then faltering campaign with a $5 million donation to the pro-Gingrich super PAC Winning Our Future.[29] By the next day, the PAC had reserved more than $3.4 million in advertising time in South Carolina, which included production and distribution of a half-hour movie that portrayed Gingrich’s political rival Mitt Romney as a “predatory corporate raider”.[30] On January 23, Adelson’s wife, Miriam, contributed an additional $5 million to the same organization with instructions to use it to advance a “pro-Newt message”.[31][32] Adelson told Forbes that he was willing to donate as much as $100 million to Gingrich. [33]
    In the 2012 election cycle, he has also donated $2.5 million to the right-leaning Super Pac, Congressional Leadership Fund.[34] He also donated over $60,000 to the Republican National Committee. Politicians he has donated to since January 2011 include U.S. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), U.S. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), U.S. Senator Dean Heller (R-NV), U.S. Congressman Mark Amodei (R-NV), U.S. Congressman Joe Heck (R-NV), and former Florida House Speaker Adam Hasner [as well as certifiable nutjob Virginia Foxx (R – NC) – J.L.D.].[35] . . .
    . . . Since 2007, the Adelson Family Foundation has made contributions totalling $100 million to Birthright Israel, which finances Jewish youth trips to Israel.[40] . . .

SOURCE – link to en.wikipedia.org

• Woody Tanaka
      June 14, 2012, 6:04 am

It doesn’t surprise me when these zios are republicans, as there is a clear streak of reactionary thought in both ideologies. When I imagine what a parasite like Adelson — someone who is essentially a crack dealer for people with gambling addiction, sucking the blood out of people and taking advantage of someone’s weakness for his own gain — would think about politics 1) complaining about fairness being “socialistic” and 2) supporting the judeo-fascist state are really obvious answers.

18. Charon
    June 13, 2012, 9:40 pm

Keeping big money out of politics is an impossible task, but is it easier to sell to the masses than the fact they’ve been mislead about Israel and the lobby buys their congressmen?

It’s easy to show how corrupt the financial system is and it’s easier to turn the masses against the ruling class. The money of the ruling class is used to influence the minds of the masses on things like I/P. Exposing the unaccountable ruling class and their influence on things like politics, foreign policy, and media, even without bringing up I/P would be much easier than changing established perceptions about I/P. IMO at least. At least that’s where my brain has wandered recently. I haven’t been following I/P as long as others but in the short time that I have I’ve met incredible resistance and lost a few friends. Expose where the money goes and where it comes from, get that out of the way, and then tackle I/P and perceptions will change? I don’t know where to go anymore to be honest…

19. lysias
    June 14, 2012, 3:26 pm

Romney aide to Haaretz: After he’s elected, Iran will see there’s a new sheriff in town: In wide-ranging interview, former ambassador ro UN Richard Williamson says U.S. Republican candidate will make military threats against Tehran credible, arm Syria’s rebels, and visit Israel before going anywhere else:

“When Mitt Romney is president, Iran will understand that there is a new sheriff in town and that his position is that the only thing worse than the U.S. using force would be for Iran to have nuclear weapons”, according to Richard Williamson, a senior foreign policy adviser to the Republican presidential candidate.

In a wide-ranging foreign policy interview with Haaretz, Williamson blasted U.S. President Barack Obama’s “feckless and ineffective leadership” on both Iran and Syria, adding that “Iran knows there is no credible military threat from Barack Obama.”

. . .

Williamson, a former U.S. Ambassador to the UN for Political Affairs, Assistant Secretary of State and most recently former U.S. President George Bush’s Special Envoy to Darfur, also said that Romney favors arming “the moderate elements” in the Syrian opposition and stopping the Obama Administration’s “mother, may I” approach in seeking to coordinate moves on Syria with Russia and China.

Echoing Romney’s controversial assertion that Russia is America’s “number one geopolitical foe,” Williamson said that in Romney’s view, the U.S. interest in Syria is “strategic” and that Moscow “not only has a domestic authoritarian drift” but is “working against American interests” in both Iran and Syria.

• Annie Robbins
      June 14, 2012, 4:20 pm

a glaring ‘when’ nor ‘if’ wrt a romney presidency which echoed biorabbi’s comment on some thread yesterday. this must be the preferred talking pt, maybe they think it gives romney a boost. let them keep it up if it siuts them. clearly it ratchets up the discourse but i think they may find it backfires. i do not think most american relish a war w/iran and i really do not think they like their candidates foreign policy announcements delivered via the israeli press. but that’s just me. maybe there is a bigger inner israeli in more americans than i think but why is romney’s guy giving exclusives to the israeli press at this juncture. not smart imho.

anyway, i love this line: “Romney favors arming “the moderate elements” in the Syrian opposition”

and who might they be? curious minds want to know.